• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    http://www.avatarmovie.com/

It is about time that this film gets its own topic.
    I know we are all going to be talking about it. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Just called my local theaters about the 15 minute clip that will be featured free on Aug 21st. Everyone I talked to thought I was referring to the kid's show. angry No!!! Master Fricken James Cameron!!!

I hope my local theaters get on board in this next month. cool
    They do have digital and 3-D. I believe it isn't only being released in IMAX theaters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009 edited
    OH ........ MY ......... GOD shocked shocked shocked

Is that a cue I'm hearing from the score? I can't wait to hear all of it. Sounds familiar recent Horner, but that can be a very good thing.

I'm interested to know if the film will just as well in good old 2D. I want to be able to experience its fully realised magical effect at home too.

December 16th in our local theatre. I'm totally there man !!!!

Will Jimbo (Cameron) amaze us yet again? I'm convinced he'll knock us all senseless with this one.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Nice cue. Not "Oh My God!-in-capital-letters" nice, but nice. I'm sure Horner will deliver, regardless of how the film turns out.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Not because of the quality of the cue itself, but more because it's the first snippet we get after such a long time of waiting for any news on this film.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Lovely piece of music indeed. Looking forward to both the film and score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A bit exaggerated response? Still, it's quite welcome indeed, hearing a new clip from Horner, one of the big guys, after all this time.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Old Chinese proverb say 'only when full Horner score to Avatar is heard can film score enthusiast make up own mind on merits of'.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That goes both ways, both kinds of reactions wink
  2. the cue doesn't say much

but like they would have given us an OMG clip anyway, the movie's going to be OMG enough in the end wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Has ANYONE confirmed that the music is indeed Horner's?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

If not, an excellent thief.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    From the tone of that piece, I wonder if this score is going to be more low-key than most people seem to be expecting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    From the tone of that piece, I wonder if this score is going to be more low-key than most people seem to be expecting.

I'm thinking along the lines of The Dig meets Field of Dreams. Hear me out...

I think we are going to get a lot of electronic atmosphere for the majority of the score a la The Dig. I'm fine with that.

Field of Dreams comes in because I think near the end of the film Horner will accumulate all of the ideas he had been working on and incorporate them into fully orchestral cues. Horner will only present these orchestral cues during the lengthy finale and end credits a la Field of Dreams.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    You may be right. It would certainly fit in with Horner's scores of the last 4-5 years to have a score which goes on a journey from one place to another, rather than being a series of spectacular set-pieces.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    omaha wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

If not, an excellent thief.

Word; That music couldn't be any more HORNER!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

I'm thinking along the lines of The Dig meets Field of Dreams. Hear me out...

I think we are going to get a lot of electronic atmosphere for the majority of the score a la The Dig. I'm fine with that.

Field of Dreams comes in because I think near the end of the film Horner will accumulate all of the ideas he had been working on and incorporate them into fully orchestral cues. Horner will only present these orchestral cues during the lengthy finale and end credits a la Field of Dreams.

-Erik-

I like how you put that. I'm completely down with a mix between The Dig and Field of Dreams, the ethereal and magical combined with, here's hoping, at least one or two superb themes to act as the foundation. If anything, he sure had enough time to come up with some good music.
  3. Southall wrote

do you honestly think that James Cameron is writing a drama? wink

no sir, this movie will blow you out of the water, and the score will have to underscore all that bombastic hoopla punk

and Field of Dreams meets Aliens, enough for me smile
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009
    So far, according to the scene descriptions that leaked on the internet, I more suspect this score to sound something between "Aliens" and "The New World"...
  4. I just saw this on Wikipedia:

James Cameron announced at the Comic-Con Avatar Panel that August 21st will be 'Avatar Day'. On this day the trailer for the film will be released in all theatrical formats and online. Selected IMAX and digital 3D cinemas around the world will be screening, free of charge, a 15 minute preview of the film created by Cameron. The official game and toy line of the film will also be fully unveiled on this day.

A trailer. Finally some moving images. beer

Will this become the movie event of the decade? Hell yes!
  5. ow cool, 21st will be known the internet will be down due to massive connections from all over the world punk
  6. Avatar Day = "Internet Down due to massive overload by Cameron-obsessed filmbuffs downloading the trailer" Day! smile
  7. DreamTheater wrote
    Avatar Day = "Internet Down due to massive overload by Cameron-obsessed filmbuffs downloading the trailer" Day! smile

And CNN will report live from Belgium to talk to the 2 biggest nerds of all, we're gonna be famous bud beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009
    i DON'T HAVE QUICKTIME VIEWER IN MY JOB! DAMMED!

I'm really waiting for this one, even if the first teaser poster and the first pics seems more images from Star war prequels than a Cameron movie.
  8. OMG! I can't yet watch this. Do I have permission to have a nervous breakdown?
  9. Looks pretty amazing. I think the music they used might be Horner's score.....
  10. That's definitely not Horner's score.

I hope we will hear parts of the score tomorrow...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009
    Antineutrino wrote
    That's definitely not Horner's score.

I hope we will hear parts of the score tomorrow...

Why, what's happening tomorrow?