• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I think it will centre all around Jack Sparrow, and probably shows him at age 10, and it will tell the tale how he got weird

OMG vomit

Seriously; your imagination is oddly realistic!

I hope not, I don't want to see Jack Sparrow playing with a wooden sword, and coming over for tea time with Elisabeth's who's 5

Arrgggggh Ideas for Disney crazy

applause

If you put it like that, that would make for an incredibly funny Pirates film.

But I have an idea for Pirates 4, why not take all the best bits from part 2 and 3, throw out the boring and crazy shit, and edit the movie to the score of CutThroat Island, and maybe, just maybe we'll have a real swashbuckling adventure on our hands.

Or the music from Sea Hawk! cheesy
  1. Maybe if I knew what it sounded like.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Maybe if I knew what it sounded like.

It would be a bit too old. Just a little updating. smile

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM6I0i7c-9QSea Hawk[/url]
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009 edited
    Or this version. biggrin

Edited: Complete with the Wilhelm scream as well.
    Should I find this more exciting than POC? cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yuh, Jack Sparrow is the only real reason I like to watch the PoTC films. Back-story of the character will be fun for sure. Now let's see who'll board the deck for the score... probably won't be Hans but I heard somewhere it might be another of the RC fellas. Personally I hope they get Silvestri this time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote
    Yuh, Jack Sparrow is the only real reason I like to watch the PoTC films. Back-story of the character will be fun for sure. Now let's see who'll board the deck for the score... probably won't be Hans but I heard somewhere it might be another of the RC fellas. Personally I hope they get Silvestri this time.

Yes, you are absolutely right. Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow was the big highlight in the whole POTC series. Without him, it would have been utter waste. I am not at all interested in new movie. I didn't liked any of the POTC movie. I don't care about this new movie. POTC sucks.....
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  2. DemonStar wrote

how great it would be to get an orchestral rousing score, I don't think the mass populas would ever accept it if the main tune of POTC wouldn't be played, so that leaves little room for an orchestral score then

don't forget, the main theme is today what Star Wars' theme was back then
    hugely popular and known all over the world
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Indeed. But personally I'd rather have Hans himself score it than the other RC fellas (except Nick Glennie-Smith maybe, he's very good). Maybe if they get Silvestri they can have him incorporate the main theme into the score?

But there were rumours that it may be Trevor Rabin possibly. Dunno if I'm too keen then...
  3. Trevor Rabin is a mixed choice, he can be insanely good (Flyboys) but also mediocre (Race to Witch Mountain)

ahh hell, Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard and perhaps then we'll have a one note main theme punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    ahh hell, Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard and perhaps then we'll have a one note main theme punk

lol
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    What? Pirates 4? I didn't even know they made a 3rd one. I thought Stagnettis Revenge was the latest one. Oh... wait... Your talking about something else aren't you. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No Rabin or any other RC guys for God's sake! Zimmer or Nick Glennie Smith (and perhaps Badelt) or give the project somewhere entirely else.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009
    Rob Marshall (Chicago, Memoirs Of A Geisha) is allegedly going to direct this one - http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEblodbdcRaOeb
  4. Weird choice if you ask me. He doesn't seem an action director. But maybe he's up to the challenge.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Must be some sort of joke. Rob Marshall!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I still remember the intro line for the trailer of Memoirs of a Geisha:

From the director of Chicago

biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Film wise it's been like this:

POTC 1 > POTC 2 > POTC 3

And score wise it's been:

POTC 1 < POTC 2 < POTC 3

In other words, I couldn't care less about the film POTC 4, but score wise it's bound to be fantastic.

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Ranietz wrote
    What? Pirates 4? I didn't even know they made a 3rd one. I thought Stagnettis Revenge was the latest one. Oh... wait... Your talking about something else aren't you. shame

biggrin

I heard about Stagnetti's Revenge just yesterday and to see it being mentioned here today is such a weird coincidence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009
    plindboe wrote

POTC 1 > POTC 2 > POTC 3

POTC 1 < POTC 2 < POTC 3

More like:

POTC 1 > POTC 2 > POTC 3

Score wise it's been like this:

... tumbleweed ...
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009 edited
    beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    plindboe wrote

POTC 1 > POTC 2 > POTC 3

POTC 1 < POTC 2 < POTC 3

More like:

POTC 1 > POTC 2 > POTC 3

... tumbleweed ...

applause
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Now that's funny. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I refer to the reaction postulated by the right honourable gentleman some moments ago.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I like my thread. biggrin
  5. DemonStar wrote
    Rob Marshall (Chicago, Memoirs Of A Geisha) is allegedly going to direct this one - http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEblodbdcRaOeb

ow great, that means that Jack Sparrow is gonna sing and dance like a geisha at Elisabeth Swann's tea party punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    LSH wrote
    plindboe wrote

POTC 1 > POTC 2 > POTC 3

POTC 1 < POTC 2 < POTC 3

More like:

POTC 1 > POTC 2 > POTC 3

... tumbleweed ...

I don't get it.

Peter confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    For a fan of Morricone, it's odd that the dramatic narrative concept of the tumbleweed would escape you!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Martijn wrote
    For a fan of Morricone, it's odd that the dramatic narrative concept of the tumbleweed would escape you!

Doesn't the tumbleweed signify silence? That's what I don't get. The scores are silent? Or does LSH mean that he hasn't an opinion on the scores so he remains silent about them?

Peter confused
  6. Rather, he hates them.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's what i understood too, a negative reaction, a "no comment 'cause they're soooooo crappy" kind of reaction although i am not sure what tumbleweed means either.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.