• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009 edited
    So..it's actually happening...and it could be a reboot.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=25403

Please can we take a non-MV route this time with the music?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    sleep
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    sleep sleep
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh dear.

There's no more milk in the teeth Jerry!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If it's a reboot it could be ok, if it's going to continue the story then sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    If it's a reboot it could be ok, if it's going to continue the story then sleep

A reboot?! A REBOOT?! Of a film series that isn't even 10 years old?! How F__KING lame!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Better than continuing from where it left off though...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Better than continuing from where it left off though...

So, are they going to REMAKE Pirates 1? Again, F__KING lame!

-Erik-

P.S. - I never made it through Pirates 3. Awful, AWFUL movie!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I did! And it was a real chore.

I just wish someone would make a real pirate film ( yeah yeah yeah, we;ve heard the jokes before tongue wink ) and ditch the dafty fantasy element.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    After Vin Diesel remade The Fast And The Furious after just eight years nothing surprises me. slant

This could be interesting if they remake Curse Of The Black Pearl as a straight pirate film, though?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    After Vin Diesel remade The Fast And The Furious after just eight years nothing surprises me. slant

But that wasn't a remake. It was just a reunion of the original cast.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But no one said this would be a remake. Only a reboot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Martijn wrote

But that wasn't a remake. It was just a reunion of the original cast.

Hmmmm? I heard it was...

Never seen any of 'em to be honest.
    Films exclusively about cars and testosterone. vomit
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    But no one said this would be a remake. Only a reboot.

So what does that mean?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    As in start over with some of the same characters but telling a different story, and as if none of the previous films took place.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ah. Episodic storytelling.
    Like any other Saturday afternoon cartoon series.

Yeah, OK. That makes a lot of sense for this series.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I interpreted it as more of a spin off. Same character Captain Jack Sparrow, same events happened, but this story would be unaffected by and separate from the last trilogy.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    shite. pure shite. sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    omaha wrote
    shite. pure shite. sleep

Couldn't have said it better!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Friends! Romans! Countrymen! Some perspective! It's not even filmed yet! shocked

While I was sorely disappointed...well, not even: rather confused, annoyed and bored with part 3, I generally had a ball with the other two Pirates films. I'd be interested to see where they'll take part 4 before I decide whether or not it'll be worth my time!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Good. The fact that there will be no Will and Elizabeth makes this something to look forward to for me. I care not for a continuity or plot for this particular series. All I want is Jack Sparrow at his most eccentric form. Things like impersonating a cleric of church of England or any other one of those crazy things he was about to get hanged for at the end of Pirates 1.
  1. I think it will centre all around Jack Sparrow, and probably shows him at age 10, and it will tell the tale how he got weird

OMG vomit
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I think it will centre all around Jack Sparrow, and probably shows him at age 10, and it will tell the tale how he got weird

Watch what you're writing Thomas. Disney might sue you for leaking their copyrighted material on the net. wink
  2. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Sylvos wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I think it will centre all around Jack Sparrow, and probably shows him at age 10, and it will tell the tale how he got weird

Watch what you're writing Thomas. Disney might sue you for leaking their copyrighted material on the net. wink

I hope so, that means I can make it as screenwriter in Hollywood like that

YES punk vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

OMG vomit

Seriously; your imagination is oddly realistic!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

OMG vomit

I hope not, I don't want to see Jack Sparrow playing with a wooden sword, and coming over for tea time with Elisabeth's who's 5

Arrgggggh Ideas for Disney crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

OMG vomit

I hope not, I don't want to see Jack Sparrow playing with a wooden sword, and coming over for tea time with Elisabeth's who's 5

You think that'd be too much for them? I say it's pretty realistic vomit
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    You think that'd be too much for them? I say it's pretty realistic vomit

wink
  6. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

OMG vomit

applause

If you put it like that, that would make for an incredibly funny Pirates film.

But I have an idea for Pirates 4, why not take all the best bits from part 2 and 3, throw out the boring and crazy shit, and edit the movie to the score of CutThroat Island, and maybe, just maybe we'll have a real swashbuckling adventure on our hands.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.