• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009
    The clip is from some awful argentinian soap, where they apparently had the habit of snatching music from other soundtracks. For some reason I'm thinking Pino Donaggio, or perhaps some other italian composer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HxFPdDsImE

It's best from 3:22 onward, where that annoying guy stops talking. It sounds a little cheesy at first, but it's a really addictive tune when you've heard it a few times.

Any ideas?

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The worrying fact is that you watched this thing? tongue wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009 edited
    Sounds JOHN BARRY-ish to me? Or even some light-romantic Delerue perhaps? Timmer can shed a bit more light maybe.
  1. Didn't recognise it. Sorry.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Hehe, I never watched that soap, I swear! I couldn't live with myself if I had ever watched something like that.

I was directed to that clip by the guy who uploaded the video, as he was trying to figure out what the music was too.

Thanks for giving it a try, Demetris and Alan.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's not John Barry. ( and I can hear why D thought that )

Don't know what it is.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote
    It's not John Barry.

Oh yeah, like you'd know!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    cry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    You're right about it being addictive. Its very nice indeed! And it does sound Italian. The groove/disco beats from 3:40 are so Italiano. I would have guessed it to be Morricone since it has all his signatures. But since the Morricone expert himself is asking this, it's not him eh?

I would say it's not Donaggio. I'd go with someone like Bruno Nicolai since it's very close to Ennio.
    Good luck! Perhaps you can post in the moviemusicitaliano group (John Mansell) or in FSM. Do let us know if you find it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, it could really be Morricone too, indeed! But if that's the case, good luck with finding which exactly!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Though I recognise nothing, this may be helpful.

Apparently ist's far from exhaustive, though.
    I find a LOT of references to mainly Mark Knopfler and Morricone whose music has been used -without credits- in the series.
    Bit of a needle in a haystack, this one. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009
    BhelPuri wroteYou're right about it being addictive. Its very nice indeed!

I'm not surprised you like it as you have an impeccable taste in music (i.e. similar to my own wink). I've downloaded the mp3 from the youtube clip and isolated the parts without dialogue. It's a much nicer listen. PM me your mail-address if you'd like the mp3.

BhelPuri wroteAnd it does sound Italian. The groove/disco beats from 3:40 are so Italiano. I would have guessed it to be Morricone since it has all his signatures. But since the Morricone expert himself is asking this, it's not him eh?

I'm 110% sure. smile

BhelPuri wroteI would say it's not Donaggio. I'd go with someone like Bruno Nicolai since it's very close to Ennio.
    Good luck! Perhaps you can post in the moviemusicitaliano group (John Mansell) or in FSM. Do let us know if you find it.

I've posted on the Ennio Morricone discussion board and FSM. Haven't heard of that moviemusicitaliano group before though. Will google for it.

Martijn wrote
    Though I recognise nothing, this may be helpful.

Apparently ist's far from exhaustive, though.
    I find a LOT of references to mainly Mark Knopfler and Morricone whose music has been used -without credits- in the series.
    Bit of a needle in a haystack, this one. slant

Thanks alot for searching around! bhangra I see 11 albums there, which I all have, and I'm sure the track is not from any of those. Not sure how to navigate around that site.

Peter pig
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    plindboe wroteI've downloaded the mp3 from the youtube clip and isolated the parts without dialogue. It's a much nicer listen. PM me your mail-address if you'd like the mp3.

Haven't heard of that moviemusicitaliano group before though. Will google for it.

Cool! Will send you a PM.

It looks like MovieMusicItaliano is no more. It was a Yahoo group owned by John Mansell and other Italian film score fans like John Bender, Niall, Jim Wynorksi...
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    BhelPuri wroteIt looks like MovieMusicItaliano is no more. It was a Yahoo group owned by John Mansell and other Italian film score fans like John Bender, Niall, Jim Wynorksi...

Ah, there are some familiar sounding names. Shame the site is no more.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Ennio Morricone, Bruno Nicolai, Piero Piccioni, Piero Umiliani, Armando Trovajoli, Francesco De Masi, Carlo Rustichelli? I don't know.

How could you sleep not knowing?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009 edited
    plindboe wrote
    Thanks alot for searching around! bhangra I see 11 albums there, which I all have, and I'm sure the track is not from any of those. Not sure how to navigate around that site.

It's not all that exhaustive: it's pretty "what you see is what you get", though they do link through to some cues used from those albums. But as you already stated you own all those albums and it isn't from there, that seems like a waste of time.

Like I said, according to multiple sources the series is a veritable cornucopia of scrounged movie music, so yeah, I'm afraid it'll just be post-post-post until you find someone who actually owns/knows that particular album the track is from. slant

Good luck! wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009
    Can anyone name the music that's used in this movie? Someone asked me, but I have no idea... :loser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGYHpaUM6K4
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Rian,

I don't know it, but it sounds like it was written by one of those trailer music groups out there, like Immediate Music for instance. Try searching for more of their music on YouTube or something.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009 edited
    Holy crap, I'm either psychic or a genius... or perhaps even a psychic genius. I searched for Immediate Music on YouTube, and the top link was that track you're looking for.

Immediate Music - Avenger (No Choir)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTgJxB-RmAM

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    It's even cooler with choir: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS5SKUJWuQk

Peter cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Lol, you genius! Thanks!
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  2. plindboe wrote
    Holy crap, I'm either psychic or a genius... or perhaps even a psychic genius. I searched for Immediate Music on YouTube, and the top link was that track you're looking for.

Immediate Music - Avenger (No Choir)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTgJxB-RmAM

Peter smile

yep, that's Immediate Music, even though it is clearly inspired on the ES Posthumes track that made the Spider-Man trailer such a hoot
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh