• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009
    Dear folks,

Yesterday, i have received mail from Microsoft Award Team, United Kingdom. In that, they stated that i have won lotter lucky draw of 250653 sterling pounds. They are asking me to furnish the details. I want to know is this some of kind of trick to cheat me or is this real stuff? Please, i need guidance.

Thank you,

Your faithfully,

Sunil
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Unless you actually entered into any such thing, it's fake. I get about ten such mails every week, and sometimes they even contain spyware/viruses. I recommend you to ignore this stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Oh! my God, i made terrible mistake in my life. I have furnished the details and forwarded to the Barclay Bank of UK. Oh! i myself ended my life. Is it possible for them to tamper my account and take all money? i am so feared of this. I don't know what to do. I have fallen into the hands of fake people. All i can do is pray to God to protect from this scums.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Alert your bank's officials about it and tell them to prevent any tampering attempt on your account!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Sunil wrote
    Yesterday, i have received mail from Microsoft Award Team, United Kingdom. In that, they stated that i have won lotter lucky draw of 250653 sterling pounds. They are asking me to furnish the details. I want to know is this some of kind of trick to cheat me or is this real stuff? Please, i need guidance.

Assuming that you're serious, I will suggest that you use Google next time to search for things that you don't know about. It's fairly simple-
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=microsoft+award+team

Here's another one that could have helped you a few weeks ago-
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tsunami+july+22
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009 edited
    Wait... wait... WAIT a friggin' second. You come here, asking for help as to whether or not you should send this company your details yet can't wait 5 friggin' minutes for a response so you go ahead and do it anyway? Dude, I don't wish this on anyone but sometimes I have to make exceptions. If this is indeed REAL then you deserve what is coming to you.

And now... it is time for the ever popular facepalm.

face-palm-mt

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Sunil wrote
    Oh! my God, i made terrible mistake in my life. I have furnished the details and forwarded to the Barclay Bank of UK. Oh! i myself ended my life. Is it possible for them to tamper my account and take all money? i am so feared of this. I don't know what to do. I have fallen into the hands of fake people. All i can do is pray to God to protect from this scums.

Again assuming that you're serious...
    Contact your bank (as Demonstar says) and tell them what information you revealed and ask them what to do. Shouldn't this be obvious?

my God, i made terrible mistake in my life... Oh! i myself ended my life... i am so feared of this... All i can do is pray to God to protect from this scums

This stuff is overly dramatic. The more I read your posts the more I think you're doing all this for your amusement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote
    Alert your bank's officials about it and tell them to prevent any tampering attempt on your account!

Thank you, Ravi! i have successfully made necessary arrangement to prevent tampering my account. I have almost transferred my money fixed deposit. And bank also assured me that their won't be any problem.

Very interestingly, i have received quick response from them that i have to make payment of Rs.28156/- for Cost of Transferring funds. Phew! my goodness, people have found many ways to earn money (especially cheating others). I have to be very careful in future. Thanks for your help and guidance.

Thanks to others also.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    There are numerous such cases about people being severely cheated by such scams, shown in newspapers and TV many times. Never trust stuff like this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote
    Never trust stuff like this.

Of course, i will. This is something very serious lesson i have learned from it. I never going to trust stuff like this. I almost made an Great Escape. I would like to play Bernstein's The Great Escape, but i don't have it. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    BhelPuri wrote
    http://lmgtfy.com/

This site is awesome. Threads like this add to my life. biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh lol, I just read this now. :epic-facepalm:
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    At least it was not one of these penis enlargers thing. Now THAT would have been embarrassing.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Due to certain words and terms, this page will probably become one of the most visited on this site, via Google.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Unless you've been living in a hole all these years, there is no possible way you actually believed that e-mail? MY FRIGGIN CEILING CAT!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But the topic's title is pretty spot-on, i must say.
  1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Aw SHIT, people. slant
    How could you all be so mean and deprive Sunil of what may be his only chance at such a huge prize?
    He finally,as one of a very few couple of million, gets lucky, and you all tell him he should back off?

I know these people and all of them are lovely, lovely Nigerian ex-statesmen and even royal family, who are dedicatedly working day and night to share their fortunes with the many less fortunate.

Blocking bank details is such a vote of no confidence that they'll probably never EVER make the same offer to you ever again, Sunil. You had luck and happiness within your grasp, and you let it slip, through the advice on a web site about film music.

Think about that for a minute.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    :sad: shame :sorry:
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Damn i love it when Martijn gets evil! envy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Damn i love it when Martijn gets evil! envy

Evil!??

Such solid and human advice should be adherred to rigidly.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Martijn wrote
    Aw SHIT, people. slant
    How could you all be so mean and deprive Sunil of what may be his only chance at such a huge prize?
    He finally,as one of a very few couple of million, gets lucky, and you all tell him he should back off?

I know these people and all of them are lovely, lovely Nigerian ex-statesmen and even royal family, who are dedicatedly working day and night to share their fortunes with the many less fortunate.

Blocking bank details is such a vote of no confidence that they'll probably never EVER make the same offer to you ever again, Sunil. You had luck and happiness within your grasp, and you let it slip, through the advice on a web site about film music.

Think about that for a minute.

I can understand your argument. But the fact the Barclay Bank insisted me to first transfer 325 pound sterlings to their account as Cost of Transfer and within 24 hrs they transfer the prize money into my account. I seriously had doubt about this. What if i have transferred that money to that bank and what assurance i would get from them. I am very very far from place. Yes, of course, money plays vital role in man's life but you should not exploit your weakness to others. I was about fall in their temptation, but i am now on safer side. If they really want to transfer money, they should have deducted the certain amount and done it. But they haven't done it. This is what made me so suspicious about them. Eventually, i have abandon this idea. I think i have made great escape.
  2. Sunil, have you read what sarcasm is?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I was extremely tempted to put a note here about your apparent trust issues, the good name of Nigerians, the usance of having to use bait to get the big fish, the necessity to make an investment in your future, et cetera et cetera... but I am actually getting concerned you're taking me seriously, and I wouldn't have that on my conscience.

Sunil, here's the easiest rule of thumb in history:
    if something looks too good to be true, it generally is.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Sunil, have you read what sarcasm is?

Actually, i was quite serious about this issue. Since morning, i am mentally disturbed. Still, i can't get rid of this nightmare. Anyhow, i have made necessary arrangements and transferred my 80% of the balance into temporary fixed deposit. I believe nobody can tamper my account and steal my precious money. In case, if something happens, i have to kill myself because i don't have much money left in bank. I have no other choice to leave this matter to GOD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sunil wrote
    Since morning, i am mentally disturbed.

Thank you for my new footnote quote.

Don't worry about a thing, Sunil.
    I'll fix it for you.
    Just PM me your bank details, any credit card details, your bank pass code and a scanned copy of your signature.

I have a special application called Bermuda Internet Banking which will check whether or not your safety is compromised. To check, I will transfer your accounts all trough the Caiman Islands.
    If that is in fact possible, your bank accounts have not been compromised and you can rest easy.

Oh, don't thank me.
    I'm just trying to do my bit for humanity.

Think of me as a sort of Mother Theresa.
    But with a penis.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Martijn wrote
    I was extremely tempted to put a note here about your apparent trust issues, the good name of Nigerians, the usance of having to use bait to get the big fish, the necessity to make an investment in your future, et cetera et cetera... but I am actually getting concerned you're taking me seriously, and I wouldn't have that on my conscience.

Sunil, here's the easiest rule of thumb in history:
    if something looks too good to be true, it generally is.

By the way, i have forgot to ask you, how is your job situation? Is everything fine?