• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009

Ken jij een andere nationaliteit die "Martijn" zou kunnen uitspreken?

...inderdaad Vlamingen, Surinamers, Zuid Afrikaaners smile
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009
    It turns out I had already seen Dragons Forever, but not recognized the title. Anyway I saw it again, and it has some very funny scenes. But as in most of his films the plot doesn't really hang together, making the film as a whole rather forgettable with the exception of a few stand out jokes. Wheels on Meals doesn't share this problem however. I think it may be his best film, and has a very good latin-flavoured score (the film is set in Spain).
  1. Hey mark, your latin-flavoured score remark made me think about an other enjoyable and cool Hong Kong film I have, Tokyo Raiders. With Tony Leung and Ekin Cheng, I thought that one had a pretty cool story and fights and the music was just great, very original music if you ask me. Not many movies I can imagine that would work in. It's a blast. beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009
    Jackie Chan's new film has been released all over the world. Click below link for more details:

Shinjuku Incident

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinjuku_Incident

http://www.lovehkfilm.com/reviews_2/shi … ident.html
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Good film, I´d rate it with a 3 out of 5. Totally dramatic role by Chan in a film about chinese inmigration in Japan.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. But the big question on our minds is, being a JC film: are there fights in it?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009 edited
    Barely. And the ones you have are not action choreographies as we all know from the Hong Kong action films. Shinjuku Incident is NOT an action movie. It is about chinese inmigration in Japan and its relation with different kinds of mafias (taiwanese, thai, japanese, etc).
  3. So Jackie is slowly making the transition into more realistic dramatic roles, guess we'll have to tag along. Nothing wrong with him doing those, as long as he gets to kick butt at some point too. cheesy That's what I like so much about New Police Story, it being both a dramatic film for the first part (though unrealistic) and a revenge-filled action-packed second part. It's a mix that works as far as I'm concerned.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    So Jackie is slowly making the transition into more realistic dramatic roles, guess we'll have to tag along.

Or start praying.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    DreamTheater wrote
    That's what I like so much about New Police Story, it being both a dramatic film for the first part (though unrealistic) and a revenge-filled action-packed second part. It's a mix that works as far as I'm concerned.

I quite liked New Police Story. The cinematography fell flat but Chan's acting was superb, proving he doesn't need his talents in stunt choreography to succeed as an actor. The revenge plot wasn't much original but at least the story was consistent. The final fight in the lego toy store was the definate highlight for me.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    I'm looking forward to the karate kid remake, not only because Chan will be playing the mentor, Mr. Han, but because the director is from Norway - Harald Zwart!
  4. Well whadayaknow? A foreign remake from an american film, usually its the other way around.

And of course it makes total sense Chan being the mentor.

Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    So Jackie is slowly making the transition into more realistic dramatic roles, guess we'll have to tag along.

Or start praying.

No you better start praying if you'd ever meet and upset him. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He's a wuss . Just like the other rambos around, Chuck Norris, the 24 dude and all wink
  5. He'd kick your butt and mine with his hands tied behind his back.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He can kiss my ass instead. wink
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009
    Jackie talks about his only real life fight incident.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvOFHSP4LPs (story starts at 5.40)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

You couldn't even finish 10 press ups.

Now where were we? Oh yes....

Hup - 8
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009 edited
    What-ever dude, narmean?
  6. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

You couldn't even finish 10 press ups.

Now where were we? Oh yes....

Hup - 8

biggrin

And I suck at press ups. It's been ages since doing one.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'd put money on it you're better at it than D biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    He's a wuss . Just like the other rambos around, Chuck Norris, the 24 dude and all wink

a wuss??

:karate: :kick: :KHANNNNNNNNNN:
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009
    Have anybody seen The Forbidden Kingdom? Two great stars Jackie Chan and Jet Li are in the movie. In fact, i liked the score very much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sunil wrote
    Have anybody seen The Forbidden Kingdom? Two great stars Jackie Chan and Jet Li are in the movie. In fact, i liked the score very much.

No, I haven't seen the film, but I was listening to the score by Mike Verta the other day. Verta is in IMO the BEST composer to do "Williams pastiche" these days (yes, even more so than McNeely, Debney et.al.). Sure, it's not terribly original, but it's literally HEARING Williams in his big blockbuster days, as if that Williams never went away. Especially his action writing. Incredible stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. I saw The Forbidden Kingdom but it's not among their best, it's another americanized adventure film with some good fights but nothing that comes close to their more brutal HK action epics.

And I'll have to check the score out if it's like hearing Williams in his big blockbuster days. Can't say the music stood out while watching the film. But then I always have that problem upon first viewing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    I saw The Forbidden Kingdom but it's not among their best, it's another americanized adventure film with some good fights but nothing that comes close to their more brutal HK action epics.

And I'll have to check the score out if it's like hearing Williams in his big blockbuster days. Can't say the music stood out while watching the film. But then I always have that problem upon first viewing.

Sorry, my mind is playing tricks on me. The Mike Verta-scored film is called FORBIDDEN WARRIOR, not Kingdom. I have no idea who scored FORBIDDEN KINGDOM.

Can't blame me, though since WARRIOR is also a Hong Kong martial arts film!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thor wrote
    Sorry, my mind is playing tricks on me. The Mike Verta-scored film is called FORBIDDEN WARRIOR, not Kingdom. I have no idea who scored FORBIDDEN KINGDOM.

The Forbidden Kingdom is by David Buckley (former Harry Gregson-Williams assistant) wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Thor wrote
    Sunil wrote

No, I haven't seen the film, but I was listening to the score by Mike Verta the other day.

Actually, composer for this movie was David Buckley, not Verta. Please check it.
  9. Hmm, he corrected himself long before your post.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hmm, he corrected himself long before your post.

I know. I can see. Thanks for correction! kiss
  10. Reading before posting is something which has been invented since the stone age. tongue