• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2009
    There will be special effects!!!!
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Out of all the stories for a movie out there, a remake of an invincible 6-foot rabbit?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Out of all the stories for a movie out there, a remake of an invincible 6-foot rabbit?

Now THAT would be absolutely ridiculous. But it's not invincible - it's invisible. Which is entirely sensible, obviously.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2009 edited
    Stevenitis? You too? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stevenitis eh!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, you know, snobby remarks about the correct use of English language and such wink tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I know.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, you know, snobby remarks about the correct use of English language and such wink tongue

The difference between invincible and invisible is pretty important though. For instance, Krull is invincible and in its presence, Justin is invisible.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2009 edited
    word applause
  1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009 edited
    ^ See what I mean. wink

-Erik-

p.s. - fadoo!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009
    What about his Lincoln and Sci-fi film with Tom Hanks? Does anybody know about that?
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    What about his Lincoln and Sci-fi film with Tom Hanks? Does anybody know about that?

Did you read the article?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I have faith in Steven S. It will be a good film.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Maybe, but i will little faith on him, that's because of his worst film like Indy 4 and War of the Worlds. Anyhow, my fingers are crossed over his future ventures. I have to wait and see that whether he possess the same spirit what he had in 80s and 90s.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Maybe, but i will little faith on him, that's because of his worst film like Indy 4 and War of the Worlds.

Indy 4 is a mess... agreed... but up until the last 5 minutes of War of the Worlds Spielberg delivered a pretty friggin' amazing piece of sci-fi adventure.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Most frustrating stuff in War of the worlds was too much cliches, which was unusual in Spielberg movies and too much screaming and over acting by Dakota Fanning, which really irritated me. Same thing in Indy 4, too much cliches, he borrowed ideas from other movies like The X Files, The Mummy Returns etc. Spielberg is kind of director who comes out with fresh and inventive ideas. But he miserably failed to do so in these above mentioned movies. Indy 4 is one of the worst movies i have ever seen. Now, i am under impression that whether Spielberg lost his all skills and ability in giving us quality films. I may sound too harsh, but this is the fact.

Take Care!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Most frustrating stuff in War of the worlds was too much cliches, which was unusual in Spielberg movies

Care to elaborate...

Sunil wrote
    Now, i am under impression that whether Spielberg lost his all skills and ability in giving us quality films. I may sound too harsh, but this is the fact.

Munich?!?! Minority Report?!?! Yeah, totally lost it... rolleyes

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote

Care to elaborate...

Actually, i felt some of the scenes were just ripped off from his previous films like Jurassic Park and The Lost World and also little bit like ID4. Throughout the film, alien spaceships were wandering here and there (just like dinosaurs) and sucking the human bloods. I didn't find any interesting moments in the movie. I saw that so many people in theaters were sleeping. I never saw this kind of respond to Spielberg movies. But it was funny and interesting to me. biggrin

Munich?!?! Minority Report?!?! Yeah, totally lost it... rolleyes

-Erik-

Ok! fine, i agree. Minority Report is really a good sci fi thriller. And also i appreciate Tom Cruise performance in that movie. I do not know about Munich, i am yet to see that movie.

Take Care! Health is Wealth! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009 edited
    Sunil wrote
    Actually, i felt some of the scenes were just ripped off from his previous films like Jurassic Park and The Lost World and also little bit like ID4. Throughout the film, alien spaceships were wandering here and there (just like dinosaurs) and sucking the human bloods.

I still don't see it. Where were the ID4 rip offs? Jurassic Park and The Lost World? They walk like dinosaurs? Wow! Just wow! I mean, if you want to get really picky you can say that ID4 ripped off the original War of the Worlds.

Sunil wrote
    I didn't find any interesting moments in the movie.

The Intersection Scene?!?!?! The Bridge Destruction and Escape?!?! The Ferry Scene?!?!? Those are some of the most thrilling and suspenseful scenes I've seen in recent cinema!!!

Sunil wrote
    I saw that so many people in theaters were sleeping. I never saw this kind of respond to Spielberg movies. But it was funny and interesting to me. biggrin

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Maybe, but i will little faith on him, that's because of his worst film like Indy 4 and War of the Worlds.

Indy 4 is a mess... agreed... but up until the last 5 minutes of War of the Worlds Spielberg delivered a pretty friggin' amazing piece of sci-fi adventure.

-Erik-

Entirely agree about WOTW. Until the unfortunate ending, I thought "wow, this is amazing." Best blockbuster to come along since Jurassic Park, I thought. Nobody does those films as well as Spielberg.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote

I still don't see it.

You will certainly see it, if you just follow me. If you have DVD right now, just play the scene where aliens enter underground house where Tom and Dakota hide and try to escape, that whole scene remains me of famous kitchen scene in Jurassic Park. Please try it and you would certainly notice that. In the climax, just like ID4, the moment soldiers discover the protective shield has been disabled, they start attacking the spaceship, its very funny here that Tom Cruise discovers that thing, not by any professional scientist or any military man. Completely sucks! vomit

The Intersection Scene?!?!?! The Bridge Destruction and Escape?!?! The Ferry Scene?!?!? Those are some of the most thrilling and suspenseful scenes I've seen in recent cinema!!!

Maybe for you, its thrilling and suspenseful scenes. I respect your admiration. But to me, not interesting. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I think War of the Worlds is his second worst film after 1941. It has practically no story to tell. I mean, aliens attack, aliens die - that's it.
  2. WOTW is a little more interesting and involving than 'aliens attack, aliens die'. It's about the invasion and how we humans really are insignificant compared to their technology and motivations. The whole Cruise family point of view really captivated me and like Erik said there are some splendid suspense moments, I for one love the whole basement sequence. The whole film was an exquisite piece of modern entertainment like Spielberg does best, of the same quality of Jurassic Park and his Indiana Jones 1-3 films.

And it's a million miles better than Crystal Skull, which is one of his least interesting, it's by no means craptastic though.

For the record, I may get a weird look for admitting this, I seriously think that Hook is his most underrated film and I love every friggin' second of it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    Sunil wrote
    You will certainly see it, if you just follow me. If you have DVD right now, just play the scene where aliens enter underground house where Tom and Dakota hide and try to escape, that whole scene remains me of famous kitchen scene in Jurassic Park.

By that logic Korngold should have limited himself to only writing one swashbuckler theme.

I think the basement scene is great, the pacing and orchestration of the music is amazing and I enjoyed the "snakey" violin glissando when the alien probe pulls up out of the house at the end. One of my favourite Spielberg scenes ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    WAR OF THE WORLDS is a fantastic suspence/action film. That basement scene is absolutely awesome. It has almost the same ensemble piece intensity of Richard Burton and Elisabeth Taylor in WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?

INDY 4 is a fine film, too (with a few warts here and there). However, it could never - EVER - satisfy the hardcore Indy fans who grew up with the original films, and who (unconsciously, perhaps) wanted to get back to the feeling they got then. Even though they had aged considerably since then. That's the power of nostalgia for ya!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    WAR OF THE WORLDS is a fantastic suspence/action film. That basement scene is absolutely awesome. It has almost the same ensemble piece intensity of Richard Burton and Elisabeth Taylor in WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?

I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not?
    Please put my mind at ease and tell me you're not seriously equating Spielberg's (in my opinion no more than mediocre at best) War Of The Worlds with the absolutely spellbinding, incredibly tense and superbly acted classic Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not?
    Please put my mind at ease and tell me you're not seriously equating Spielberg's (in my opinion no more than mediocre at best) War Of The Worlds with the absolutely spellbinding, incredibly tense and superbly acted classic Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?

No, I was not being sarcastic. Of course, the acting is nowhere near that of WOOLF, but the INTENSITY of the scene - those clashing persona in a confined space, with a vulnerable child in the middle, was pretty darn close. And that Spielberg allowed the scene to breathe and go on for a while so that this intensity could build up was pure genius - especially considering that people expect FX extravaganza and action scenes en masse. Spielberg is simply put one of our greatest "setpiece" masters of all time, whether it's an action scene or a suspense scene like this.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote
    Spielberg is simply put one of our greatest "setpiece" masters of all time, whether it's an action scene or a suspense scene like this.

FACT !!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    DreamTheater wrote
    I seriously think that Hook is his most underrated film and I love every friggin' second of it.

Agreed. A wonderful children movie even with a grown-up's eyes! beer