• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I love A.I. too. When I first saw this the whole final thirty minutes, from the point where David finds The Blue Fairy I was totally hypnotized by the experience. Spielberg knows how to create a mood and maintains it until the end so his movies flow like the best of em. Another one that never fails to do that is CE3K.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. LOL on the Michael Kahn joke!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. I didn't get it, to be honest.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. Sunil didn't mention the editing?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. Well, he didn't.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  6. That's the joke right there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote

Yeah... Michael Kahn really screwed the pooch on this one!

-Erik-

Exactly! biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    AMISTAD...has many values, but the über-sentimental final speech of Hopkins is too much. One of the times where Williams didn't really make the right call, musically (adding butter to grease, as we say over here).

A.I. ....not only one of Spielberg's most underrated films, but IMO one of the most underrated films of all time.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Thor wrote
    AMISTAD...has many values, but the über-sentimental final speech of Hopkins is too much.

This is the scene i like very much. Excellent score and brilliant acting! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sunil wrote
    Thor wrote
    AMISTAD...has many values, but the über-sentimental final speech of Hopkins is too much.

This is the scene i like very much. Excellent score and brilliant acting! tongue

It's just too much for me - even though Hopkins is my second favourite actor and Williams is my favourite film composer.

However, it is a very interesting scene as far as (visual) rhetorics is concerned. I used the scene as an example in a media rhetorics class that I held a couple of years ago.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I agree with Thor. 'Adding butter to grease'....I like that, over here we call it 'over egged'.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. "Butter to grease" - great expression!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009
    Thor wrote
    AMISTAD...has many values, but the über-sentimental final speech of Hopkins is too much. One of the times where Williams didn't really make the right call, musically (adding butter to grease, as we say over here).

A.I. ....not only one of Spielberg's most underrated films, but IMO one of the most underrated films of all time.

Haven't seen AMISTAD. Missing much?

As for the 2nd point, i completely agree; that's the kind of movies you don't frequently see, plus a very emotional experience.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009
    I agree. Its very emotional and best sci fi movie of Spielberg (especially about robots)
  8. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

Best sci-fi film of his will always remain CE3K. It's pure gold. Unmistable 24 carat !!! smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2009
    I find CE3K overblown, longwinded and tedious, I'd be quite happy to never see the film again.

The score on the other hand is pure magnificence, one of the all time great film scores without a doubt.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Dreamtheater,

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. its best sci fi film.

Have a good day!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    I find CE3K overblown, longwinded and tedious, I'd be quite happy to never see the film again.

The score on the other hand is pure magnificence, one of the all time great film scores without a doubt.

I think CE3K may be Spielberg's best film! Love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Steven Spielberg have decided to collaborate with Anil Dhirubhai Ambani ( Owner of Reliance communications and Millionaire of the world ). It is said that $825 deal between Spielberg's production company Dreamworks and Anil Ambani's Reliance Big Entertainment. So, their first venture going to be Harvey. All the best to both of them.

Its really great to see one of the world renowned director/producer collaborating with Indian Industrialist. GREAT STUFF!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yup, Reliance and Disney will be co-producing Spielberg's films. As long as Disney doesn't frig up the soundtrack, I have no problems. wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    To Ravi,

Haha.. i know you are highly fed up with The Lion King ost. In fact, you don't have to worry about it because composer is John Williams, they have no guts to cut down the cues and tracks and release shorter album version. If they do it, their ass will be on explosion. biggrin You can count on it. Most importantly, Spielberg won't allow to such level. So, just relax.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2009 edited
    It's not just cutting the tracks, Disney will make the album MP3 download-only if it falls to them. But I doubt Disney will be interested in the soundtrack unless the contract specifically calls for it. And yes, I'm certainly hopeful Spielberg will not let his pal JW's score get butchered! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Ravi, first of all, you should know that Walt Disney always aims for huge profit. They are very well aware that John Williams has billions of fans around the world. So, naturally they will not shortened the score album. If they do it, they may face huge loss in soundtrack selling. And also you remember, their ass will be in trouble. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    They. Don't. Care. About. Scores. tongue

Even the top John Williams album probably won't sell as much as the average Miley Cyrus/High School Musical stuff so they won't give a rat's ass about releasing it on CD. Sad but true! I just hope they don't get to release it at all, instead someone else gets the soundtrack rights (possibly Sony Classical).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    But i have full faith on Steven Spielberg, he won't allow that to happen. If Disney can release Harry Gregson Williams' The Prince Caspian score album completely (without shortened it like The Lion King), why not John Williams' Harvey?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sunil wrote
    But i have full faith on Steven Spielberg, he won't allow that to happen. If Disney can release Harry Gregson Williams' The Prince Caspian score album completely (without shortened it like The Lion King), why not John Williams' Harvey?

The audience at large is like me, Sunil. They don't like complete & chronological releases. Of course, it will be "shortened". Williams has never produced a C&C release in his life, and I don't see him breaking the tradition now. Thank God.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I mostly care about the running time, not necessarily the presentation (short tracks or suites). If it runs around 60 min or more and a CD release, I'm satisfied.

There are a significant number of us who like releases longer than 30 min, buddy. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DemonStar wrote
    I mostly care about the running time, not necessarily the presentation (short tracks or suites). If it runs around 60 min or more and a CD release, I'm satisfied.

There are a significant number of us who like releases longer than 30 min, buddy. wink

I know. I do, too, as long as it presented/adapted properly.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Thor,

I am expecting normal release, not like The Lion King. It was merely disappointing release of Walt Disney. All i am expecting neat and good soundtrack presentation as like previous albums of John Williams. That's all
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Like I said, probably Disney won't be involved with the score after all (fingers crossed). Ponyo was a joint production between Miyazaki Films and Disney, and yet it was Colosseum who released the score.