• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009
    Stop pestering the poor man, he's receiving many distress calls.
  1. GALACTICA brings up the issue of whether we should feel for robots at all. The 'robots' in BSG are so human-like - all played by humans, of course - that it takes a complex test of physicals to determine if someone actually is a cylon.

Then of course there's T2. No tears from you, Erik, as Arnold waved goodbye?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009 edited
    Bloody excellent point. The attempted-rape scene on Sharon (or which ever version she was at the time, I forget!?) was an extremely potent scene which only worked because we felt empathy toward the character.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    franz_conrad wrote

*weep*
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    GALACTICA brings up the issue of whether we should feel for robots at all. The 'robots' in BSG are so human-like - all played by humans, of course - that it takes a complex test of physicals to determine if someone actually is a cylon.

Nuke'um all! Every single one of them!

franz_conrad wrote

I did but because John was loosing a friend not because the T-1000 was "dying."

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009 edited
    Spielberg will be adapting a posthumously published novel by Michael Crichton, titled Pirate Latitudes. Script will be by David Koepp.

So if this means another great swashbuckling John Williams pirate score... YEAH BABY!! punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009
    DemonStar wrote
    Spielberg will be adapting a posthumously published novel by Michael Crichton, titled Pirate Latitudes. Script will be by David Koepp.

So if this means another great swashbuckling John Williams pirate score... YEAH BABY!! punk punk

Yeah... but it still means another script written by David Koepp. vomit

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    So if this means another great swashbuckling John Williams pirate score... YEAH BABY!!

Ravi, what was his previous pirate score? i cannot remember.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Hook. Not really a traditional pirate score, but close.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DemonStar wrote

Well, he's only set to produce and "considering" directing at this point, so no Williams is guaranteed. There are many things he has considered directing, but which have fallen through in the 11th hour.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Well, he's only set to produce and "considering" directing at this point, so no Williams is guaranteed. There are many things he has considered directing, but which have fallen through in the 11th hour.

Indeed - I'm sure we've all lost count of the things which film websites have announced as his next project, which never come through.
  2. it seems to be Steven Spielberg will direct the last Michael Chrichton novel

"Steven Spielberg is to adapt the novel to film, reportedly having wanted to make a pirate film and being an admirer of Crichton's work. Spielberg has hired David Koepp to pen the screenplay."

this could be good

A Williams pirate esque score?
    I'm already drooling punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2009 edited
    I don't think that's a confirmation that he's set to DIRECT, Thomas, only PRODUCE - as previously noted two posts up.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote
    I don't think that's a confirmation that he's set to DIRECT, Thomas, only PRODUCE - as previously noted two posts up.

hmn, it was said he's was going to create, could be producing of course
    I hope though it will be directing
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote

hmn, it was said he's was going to create, could be producing of course
    I hope though it will be directing

I wouldn't, to be perfectly honest. Not because I don't think he would have made a fine film or because there's anything wrong with the source material (I'm not familiar with it). It just seems like such a "been there, done that" territory, and I'd like to see him focus on more - for him - challenging topics (more "serious" fare, especially).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2009
    Steven Spielberg receives top anti-defamation honour for his work in the field of human rights. Here is the information:

http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20091103/9 … defam.html

He is a really indeed great personality on this Earth. beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sunil wrote

In that case you're a shoe-in for the next one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Sunil wrote

In that case you're a shoe-in for the next one.

biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. bounce

Sunil wrote
    confused

Don't worry about it Sunil, have yourself the nicest day ever, buddy ! cheesy dizzy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009
    Spielberg's no longer doing Harvey - http://www.variety.com/article/VR111801 … p;nid=2248
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Not that surprising - sounded very bizarre.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I hope that means JW's schedule will be more free and he can take on the final Potter films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I expect the same.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I would have loved to see Harvey made by Spielberg. I have never seen the original and Spielberg is my favourite director.
    Anyway, let's see what's next for him!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Spielberg's no longer doing Harvey - http://www.variety.com/article/VR111801 … p;nid=2248

Hoo-bloody-ray!!!

I much prefer Spielberg sticking to making original film material.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Hoo-bloody-ray!!!

I much prefer Spielberg sticking to making original film material.

Exactly. beer
    • CommentAuthorAD
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009
    According to imdb.com, Speilberg turns 63 today.
    I'm hoping to see more films shot by him on a regular basis as it appears he slowed down since 2005.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    AD wrote

Is it confirmed?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    AD wrote

Is it confirmed?

Actually, your joke isn't far from the truth. There is still some uncertainty about Spielberg's birth year. Some say it's 1946, other 1948. The Douglas Brode biography addresses this.
    I am extremely serious.