• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009
    biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2009
    Who cares? What's a couple of years!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote
    AD wrote
    According to imdb.com, Speilberg turns 63 today.

Is it confirmed?

lol
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  1. Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    AD wrote
    According to imdb.com, Speilberg turns 63 today.

Is it confirmed?

Actually, your joke isn't far from the truth. There is still some uncertainty about Spielberg's birth year. Some say it's 1946, other 1948. The Douglas Brode biography addresses this.

don't know 1946, I do know 1942 however
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Joseph McBride's book on Spielberg has a photo of the director's birth certificate and it clearly states 18 December 1946.
  2. Jaws is already coming but here is another Spielberg classic coming to blu.

E.T.

This will be my chance to revisit it, it has been many years I have not watched E.T. and the prospect to see this flick in HD and with the best possible surround sound is enough for me to get excited about. John Williams' score in 7.1 ? love

Is it me or are the guns back in this cut? I may have seen the dumbed down version once though.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2012
    [b]DreamTheater wrote[/]
    Is it me or are the guns back in this cut? I may have seen the dumbed down version once though.

Don't worry, Spielberg said on a conference recently he very much regretted the updated version and it will probably not even be included on the new BluRay version. What he could confirm was that the main version will most certainly be the original one.
  3. That is the Steven we know, caring for both the treatment of his films, and us fans that grew up with them.

But it would be a big bonus if he made the two cuts available, you know like he did with CE3K with all three versions seamlessly branched.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2012 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    But it would be a big bonus if he made the two cuts available, you know like he did with CE3K with all three versions seamlessly branched.

Chances are big that's not gonna happen. See:

The director (...) polled the audience to see if they would have a problem with only the 1982 theatrical release version of E.T. being released on Blu-ray. The answer from the crowd was a loud and resounding “NO!”

source: http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2011/09/14/s … r-blu-ray/

I earlier read a full transcript of this event elsewhere, which I can't find right now, but that mentioned that Spielberg reacted to the response of the audience, something like; "OK then".
  4. cool

Only appropriate answer here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2012
    The Dutch press release for the BluRay just confirmed the disc will only contain the 1982 original theatrical release of E.T., with 7.1 surround sound.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2012
    BobdH wrote
    The Dutch press release for the BluRay just confirmed the disc will only contain the 1982 original theatrical release of E.T., with 7.1 surround sound.

Memo to George Lucas... yeah

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. This movie is so coming in, and I think is the last time I saw this film was on good old VHS ! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I saw it a few months ago with my kids and I cried like a baby! It is still one of the most emotional Steven Spielberg films of all time!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. Erik Woods wrote
    I saw it a few months ago with my kids and I cried like a baby! It is still one of the most emotional Steven Spielberg films of all time!

-Erik-

I still think the chase sequence (with the mindblowing music) is one of the best scenes ever filmed. There's something so adventurous in that sequence that few movies ever equaled, it literally makes me young again cool
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

A most special film and a most special score for me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. It will be something special to re-discover this one for me personally. The one thing that maybe didn't turn it into a childhood favourite is that I was scared out of my mind when I saw it at age 7 and the years after. I already mentioned this but E.T. has given me nightmares. Laughable now I know, but it's the truth. shame

The score is of course gold and I'm looking forward to this major upgrade in the sound department.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2012 edited
    Indy is coming! punk punk

But I don't know yet if I'm want to upgrade. The trilogy on DVD was released just a few years ago. Have watched them twice and the movies are awesome no matter the format.

Anyway: punk punk punk vomit <---- the 4th film
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2012
    DreamTheater wrote
    Indy is coming! punk punk

But I don't know yet if I'm want to upgrade. The trilogy on DVD was released just a few years ago. Have watched them twice and the movies are awesome no matter the format.

Anyway: punk punk

Looks great. Seems like they've deliberately downplayed the footage from INDY IV in that trailer.

Now if only I could get a BluRay Player....and get someone to buy my ol' DVD's of these things.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. HOT DAMN !

Jaws blu-ray looking stunning !!!

Will be the first time I revisit this film since VHS, and what an astonishing upgrade in audiovisual quality it will be !!! punk
  9. An interesting article about the making of Jaws, and the imminent release on blu-ray.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2013
    No more Moses for Steven

http://collider.com/ang-lee-gods-kings- … spielberg/
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2013 edited
    Damn, another project erased from his calendar, along with INTERSTELLAR and ROBOPOCALYPSE. Now what?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Vacation, cigars and swimming pools smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Damn, another project erased from his calendar, along with INTERSTELLAR and ROBOPOCALYPSE. Now what?

Personally I couldn't give a piss that Spielberg won't be directing MOSES, what I really do give a piss about is that we have been robbed of a John Williams biblical score cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Demetris wrote
    No more Moses for Steven

HOLY MOSES!!! shocked (sorry, couldn't resist smile)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, Ang Lee might take the project (obviously the studio liked the sea and boat in Life of Pie wink ) and we will end up with a gorgeous Mychael Danna score; it's not the same, but equally good on a different level if you ask me.

As long as Zimmer doesn't take it, and brings Lisa Gerrard in it wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anyone other than JOHN WILLIAMS is not good enough.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Spielberg isn't doing Robopocalypse? sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Spielberg isn't doing Robopocalypse? sad

Is that a bad thing? It's a crappy title, what was the premise?

p.s. .......JOHN WILLIAMS WON'T BE SCORING A RELIGIOUS EPIC! Now THAT!!!!!!! is proper bad news.