• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2009
    This summer has been the 25th International fireworks competition in Montreal. Three countries featured film music this year. (Canada, USA and last night South Africa)

Last night 30 minutes program was an all film music score night except Gavin Greenaway's Tapestry of Nations. His music for the Millenium Celebration is very film music feel anyway. So it blended in nicely.

This was the program:

Armageddon Trevor Rabin
    Superman John Williams
    Jurassic Park John Williams
    La belle Histoire Francis Lai
    Tapestry of Nations Gavin Greenaway
    Gladiator Hans Zimmer
    James Bond theme John Barry
    Pirates of the Caribbean Hans Zimmer
    The Godfather Nino Rota
    Spirit Hans Zimmer

This last piece was "Run Free" from Spirit and the crescendo in this cue was absolutely perfect for a finale in a fireworks show.

What piece of music would you like to hear in a fireworks show?

fireworks
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Fireworks by Jerry Goldsmith. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Wow... the programme sounds very good! All those scores are awesome. smile
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    Fireworks by Jerry Goldsmith. wink

-Erik-

Bad choice! That would be so inappropriate. tongue wink

'Spirit of the Season' from The Polar Express has that festive quality to it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    We're Jungle Creatures from John Barry's THE LION IN WINTER would make an excellent finale
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    The climax of The Egg Travels from Dinosaur would be great too.
  2. amazing selection, not even things you would hear everyday in a concert line up

Anyway, I think the send off of Independence Day tops everything right?
    After all, didn't they promise us fireworks? wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Holy crap, why didn't I think of ID4? crazy

That's the ultimate show stopper! punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ID4 vomit

Mikis Theodorakis music to CANTO OLYMPICO is magnificent, and actually closed the Barcelona 1994 Olympics complete with awesome fireworks display.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    What I've heard many times is Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture. The sync comes with the cannon firing and the church bells. It has been impressive.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009
    Likely THE ultimate fireworks music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Fireworks from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by Maestro Nicholas Hooper. punk
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    The bonus track "Fireworks Overture" on Alfons Conde's ABANDONED album is pretty awesome.

http://www.screenarchives.com/media/9419-5616.mp3

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=9419

Cheers,

mc
  4. Sunil wrote
    Fireworks from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by Maestro Nicholas Hooper. punk

hell no face-palm-mt

moviescore wrote
    The bonus track "Fireworks Overture" on Alfons Conde's ABANDONED album is pretty awesome.

http://www.screenarchives.com/media/9419-5616.mp3

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=9419

Cheers,

mc

oh yes, this is definitely a good one punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009
    DemonStar wrote
    The climax of The Egg Travels from Dinosaur would be great too.

Yes, that would be a good one. The Canadian fireworks featured "The Courtship" has the opening number of their presentation this year. Well done. You can view it here in HD:

http://www.youtube.com/user/taige#play/ … oh1MDLbpKs

They also did " August Rhapsody" which I thought was a fabulous choice for a fireworks show. here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/taige#play/ … thbAGsRWUM

I agree with Tom and Tim, Tchaikovsky 1812 overture is the ultimate cue for fireworks, cliché now but ultimate indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009
    Over the years of viewing 4th of July fireworks I've seen and heard some good ones. Remember it was written with the cannons.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009
    The only one piece of music I can associate with fireworks is Reflection Of Earth by Gavin Greenaway... I can't think of any other music right now. It's because we don't play any music during fireworks shows in Japan. No music, but usually the narrator announces who sponsored each piece of fireworks (but nobody listens tongue )

So when I think of fireworks, I just think about the explosive sound... love that sound! smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  5. I've once heard Titanic's Sinking in a firework show.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009 edited
    Miya wrote
    The only one piece of music I can associate with fireworks is Reflection Of Earth by Gavin Greenaway... I can't think of any other music right now. It's because we don't play any music during fireworks shows in Japan. No music, but usually the narrator announces who sponsored each piece of fireworks (but nobody listens tongue )

So when I think of fireworks, I just think about the explosive sound... love that sound! smile

Yes, they often use "Reflections on Earth"-it seems to be a staple piece for fireworks. I got to see the original fireworks with Greenaway's music in Orlando Florida and it was a blast!

When I see fireworks without music now, it is like going to a ballet show and watch the dancers doing their thing without music. Nice but incomplete.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009
    The sound of the fireworks is a substitute for the canon part in the 1812.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Mikis Theodorakis music to CANTO OLYMPICO is magnificent, and actually closed the Barcelona 1994 Olympics complete with awesome fireworks display.

beer Never understood what the fuss is with fireworks in general anyway (don't know if it's more like an American thing to wet your pants over fireworks, or it's simply me who doesn't get it) but i have to agree with you 100% on the qualities of this musical work.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    People like explosions....simple as that D biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erm....i thought so shame
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.