• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hannibal, while not a GOOD movie in and of itself, but I must say that I finally noticed it's a (rather failed alas) pastiche of the psychological serial killer thriller. It's supposed to be somewhat over the top.

I LOVED Hannibal, a high camp horror fest. cool

Good score too!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hannibal, while not a GOOD movie in and of itself, but I must say that I finally noticed it's a (rather failed alas) pastiche of the psychological serial killer thriller. It's supposed to be somewhat over the top.

Good score too!

It's one of the funniest films I've ever seen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009 edited
    That Hannibal movie made me sick man... eating brains out of a living man's skull and such, real sick.

I wonder which composer he will pick... I hope he will not mess around with the compositions like he did with Goldsmith on Alien and Legend. I recently watched Legend, and besides some utterly beautiful scenes with the unicorns (and the magnificent score throughout the movie by Goldsmith of course)... the main bulk of the movie is a drag, a borefest, and a mess. A real mess.

Another bummer was when he/they used the 13th Warrior music in Kingdom of Heaven. It took me totally out of the movie experience. Non-filmmusic people will not notice this of course... but still if I were a director, I would cringe to do such a thing... just out of an artistic persective. I mean everyone is spending so much effort making a movie, customes, acting, extras and what else... and then simply cut / paste an alternative score... ... yuck. As a composer I would be pissed off.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
  1. Talos wrote
    That Hannibal movie made me sick man... eating brains out of a living man's skull and such, real sick.

You know, out of that whole crap that's the only scene that's been engraved in my mind all this time. I wish I had a delete button, seriously. I was going rolleyes during the whole of the film, but those final scenes made me reach for my bucket. I came out of the theatre in absolute disgust. I just want to forget about it all.

And I can understand Southall's comment about it being a funny movie... only because it's so hilariously bad.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Good score too!

It's one of the funniest films I've ever seen.

indeed, totally laughable lol vomit
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Southall wrote
    I dunno. He makes very different films now from the ones he made 30 years ago. When's the last time he made a thinking man's anything?

Have you seen the Director's Cut of Kingdom of Heaven? It is a superb movie!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009 edited
    lp wrote

Indeed it is. I´ll never understand why Scott would ever want to work with Fox again, after what they did to the theatrical version. On the other hand, he is one of the two persons who are probably capable to relaunch this thing the way it should be done. The other one is quite busy right now revolutionizing the way movies are done. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The film bored me to tears.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

beer

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    lp wrote
    Southall wrote
    I dunno. He makes very different films now from the ones he made 30 years ago. When's the last time he made a thinking man's anything?

I did and I quite enjoyed it, but it's a completely surface-level film. There's nothing deep about it. I enjoy many of his modern films for their exceptional visual style, but I can't see him making anything like Alien again.
  3. Timmer wrote

You know about Kingdom of Heaven, I began watching it but after about a half hour I decided it was enough. I had the exact same reaction you had. I was expecting another masterpiece like Gladiator but I was thoroughly disappointed.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009
    DemonStar wrote
    Good, very good. Would love to see what Ridley does here.

I hope it's considerably better than the other....erm, Alien VS crap modern remakes.

Who else sees Brian Tyler scoring this too btw? wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    I was expecting another masterpiece like Gladiator but I was thoroughly disappointed.

Same here. What a huge disappointment!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009
    What I want to read is what happened with Zimmer and Scott relationship!!!

We need a sensationalist site for this things!
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Good, very good. Would love to see what Ridley does here.

I hope it's considerably better than the other....erm, Alien VS crap modern remakes.

Yes who exactly is this Ridley Scott guy? What has he done that's any good these past 30 years? I bet he just won't deliver a film as good as those two brothers who directed that last brilliant AvP outing, they already had tons of classics to their name. Such a crying shame I can't remember their names. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009
    Nautilus wrote

If nobody's willing to tell us, I suggest we just make something up.
  5. Nautilus wrote

well, I would like to know that as well

I think the only logical thing is, Zimmer didnt' want to repeat himself with Gladiator for Kingdom of Heaven, he gave it to Gregson Williams and after that, they just went on different paths
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote

I think the only logical thing is, Zimmer didnt' want to repeat himself with Gladiator for Kingdom of Heaven, he gave it to Gregson Williams and after that, they just went on different paths

Yes, I guess Scott was not very happy with Zimmer after that. I don't think Scott liked very much Gregson Williams music...
  6. Nautilus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Yes, I guess Scott was not very happy with Zimmer after that. I don't think Scott liked very much Gregson Williams music...

hence the reason he went to Streitenfeld instead
    I dunno, just guessing out loud here
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Talking about that.....Does anyone knows who is Robin Hood Composer? I can't see streitenfeld doing this.

PS: I didn't know Ridley was filming a Robin Hood film until he showed the first photo shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote

He's clueless about music. Absolutely clueless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    Does anyone knows something about the music of Ridley's Robin Hood?
  7. Nautilus wrote
    Does anyone knows something about the music of Ridley's Robin Hood?

ask Justin, he knows even who's scoring those nobody ever heard of smile
  8. But he doesn't know who's scoring those EVERYBODY's heard of!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  9. PawelStroinski wrote
    But he doesn't know who's scoring those EVERYBODY's heard of!

hence the reason he should know this, considering nobody hasn't heard anything yet wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Who's........far better, right confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Because Streitenfeld doesn't have so much ego and Ridley can do with him what he wants, I guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    Because Streitenfeld doesn't have so much ego and Ridley can do with him what he wants, I guess.

Rydley Scott´s own MV puppet. Want one.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote

If what Streitenfeld has done so far (with the exception of some parts from BODY OF LIES) is what Ridley Scott wants musically for his films, i am sorry for the man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Nautilus wrote

If what Streitenfeld has done so far (with the exception of some parts from BODY OF LIES) is what Ridley Scott wants musically for his films, i am sorry for the man.

HE is a Music supervisor more than a composer after all, but I guess Ridley pays well.