• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Captain Future wrote
    He should try Belgium Wavers. lick

Really, Bregt, you may have turned into some kind of extrimist and throw a bomb. Or a kazoo. wink

And I read the headlines now:

Obama security defends the president from a .... weird looking green kazoo
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2014
    Nose running like a fountain all day bloody long! Cloudy head, coughing, everything taste bland.....oh joy!!! slant

Music still sounds great though.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2014
    Man colds are annoying indeed.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2014
    Kidney stones.
    No warning, just a searing, insane agony out of nowhere. I nearly passed out from the pain.
    Unbelievable.

Worst seems past now, but there's still residual pain near my kidneys and bladder, so I fear greatly I'm not out of the woods yet. Got me some industrial pain killers (same that I had when I had the hernia some ten years ago. Pretty good stuff although recreationally pointless: no hallucinations or floatycloud senses.
    Oh well. I'll settle for less pain right now.)

Bloomin' 'eck.
    Kidney stones.
    I never get any proper cool diseases. sad Black Plague. Scurvy. Gangrene. You know: proper MANLY afflictions.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2014 edited
    Ouch. Sorry to hear that, Martijn. These days you don't have to pass it in the most painful way, though? There is medicine to dissolve it, I think?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nope.

One suffers.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Martijn, I would suggest drinking lemon water. Just take a bottle of water and add two squeezed lemons. The acid from the lemon disintegrates kidney stones. I drink it for the taste as I like lemon and it's healthier than lemonade. I like it so much I can drink lemon juice pure without squinting. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'll go with apple cider and cola, thanks very much. wink

Sadly it won't really help against small stones already 'in passing' (which is what causes the pain!).

But cheers Francis! I didn't know this, nor did my doctor tell me.
    beer <-apple cider
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh man you got me crossing my legs dizzy

Really sorry to hear that. Heal well.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I had kidney stones a few times now, the pain is unbelievable, hope it goes away soon Martijn.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. It makes me cringe just reading about it. Get well soo indeed, Martijn!

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2014
    Martijn wrote
    Kidney stones.
    No warning, just a searing, insane agony out of nowhere. I nearly passed out from the pain.
    Unbelievable.

Worst seems past now, but there's still residual pain near my kidneys and bladder, so I fear greatly I'm not out of the woods yet. Got me some industrial pain killers (same that I had when I had the hernia some ten years ago. Pretty good stuff although recreationally pointless: no hallucinations or floatycloud senses.
    Oh well. I'll settle for less pain right now.)

Bloomin' 'eck.
    Kidney stones.
    I never get any proper cool diseases. sad Black Plague. Scurvy. Gangrene. You know: proper MANLY afflictions.

Oh poor baby! I've been through this and I know. Are you any better? Get well soon! hug
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  4. Ooph!! I know a thing or two about abdominal pains... you have my sympathy (for what little it's worth).
    I hope it passes and you get well soon.

I have heard a rumour that if you place headphones over your sides, covering the kidneys, and then play "Man Of Steel" really loudly, it helps break up the stones... Worth a try? biggrin
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2014
    Stones apparently (hopefully!) have gone...leaving an infection in their wake.
    The f*ck?

Oh well. Back to the doctor tomorrow. sad
    URGH!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Jesus christ dude. slant Coming from someone who knows a thing or two about bad luck, that sucks.

Well, I suppose, when life gives you lemons... drink the juice to help with infection? sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2014
    Aaaaand indeedy. A bladder infection.
    A bleedin' bladder infection!
    Seriously people, can't I just break a leg every once in a while?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Give me your hands, bawwss.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Aaaaand indeedy. A bladder infection.
    A bleedin' bladder infection!
    Seriously people, can't I just break a leg every once in a while?

This sucks.

But I hope the worst part is gone now with the stones gone? So it's just a matter of staying on a peniciline cure for a while to rid yourself of the infection.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Will there be an auctioning off of the stones a la William Shatner? biggrin

http://www.juliensauctions.com/press/william-shatner/

Speedy recovery!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Imagine how hard it would be to pass the blarney stone? Nothing lucky about that!
  5. Timmer wrote
    Imagine how hard it would be to pass the blarney stone? Nothing lucky about that!

Or even Sharon St - no, let's not go there!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh, to paraphrase Liz Lemon: I DO want to go to there!
    Even now that she's getting a bit on in years I would never pass on Sharon Stone.

But I gather passing a blarney would be a bit of a barney.
  6. Martijn wrote
    But I gather passing a blarney would be a bit of a barney.

Barney? Barney Rubble?

And with that, all this talk of stones has reached its logical conclusion.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    lol at the jokes.

Wince at Martijn's situation. Sorry to hear about it. Hope things start looking up!
  7. I'm just hoping that having a good chuckle doesn't aggravate any pain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2014
    I've become fat again. This annoys me.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Yo-yo-effect? slant
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2014 edited
    Yeah. But the yo-yo has been fat for a while now (there's a sentence I've never said before).
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Thor wrote
    I've become fat again. This annoys me.

But, be honest, does it surprise you? wink