• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Don't you just hate it when you buy an album as a digital album and what you find you get is a zipped file full of 30-second audio clips of the tracks! Double-checking the site, even the details listed on the album's page shows the track lengths as 30-ish second tracks.

Double double-checking a listing for the album does confirm that the tracks are longer than 30 seconds.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Okay, I've had a reply from the retailer in question and, of course, the response isn't very positive. So, here's the story fleshed out for all to see and, hopefully, someone can help me in contacting the artist involved to help try and resolve this.

The other day I came across a score called The War of the Vendée, written by Kevin Kaska - http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/recordingartsorchestraof - which sounded very good indeed. I decided to purchase the album from CD Baby (since it doesn't seem to be available anywhere else). I admit, I didn't see that the track lengths were all about 30 seconds long but checking around afterwards I found that the album was of full length: http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/mod … B00GTNP8AE

As I mention above, when the album was downloaded and uncompressed, all the tracks were 30-second audio clips rather than the full album. Wow, $10.00 for a set of audio clips.

I contacted CD Baby's customer service via email and I received a reply from them earlier today:

"Thanks for reaching out to us for some help. Yes, it looks like this is how the artist intended to upload the tracks for this particular album. (my highlight) I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused for you. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us for some help."

I would have hoped for something along the lines of an effort in trying to track down the problem and providing me with the whole album. I've emailed them back telling them this. I've tried to find a social media presence for Kevin and I've contacted him via his musican/band page on Facebook.

But, has anyone had any direct contact with him and would be willing to let me contact him directly about this. I'm trying to alert him both to my issue and also let him know that CD Baby is saying that this is the format he wants his album to be sold in.

Cheers.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2015
    That's bizarre.

Also strange because I've had only good experience with CD Baby.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. I raised the issue on their Facebook page. And this has led to an apology for this dismissive email and an undertaking to try and resolve the problem satisfactorily.

Ah the power of social media.

BTW, I've also had nothing but a good experience with them until now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2015 edited
    I have a cold and I can't stand my nose right now! slant
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2015
    It feels a bit wrong to complain too much about things, knowing the predicament Timmer goes through at the present time (and also Steven, I think).

But life has many facets -- some less dramatic. So I felt I had to vent a bit about the girl I've been dating since November.

Well, she finally 'broke it off' today. Or rather, she said she didn't see partner potential in us, only friend potential -- and I'm not interested in that right now. Clearly, I was more interested in her than she was in me. Well....she doesn't know what she's missing! smile

We had only gone out, like, 4-5 times, and I had barely gotten to first base, but it still feels like shit. Now I know why I've been avoiding these things so much in recent years. Oh well, chalk it up to 'life experience'.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I still have room to feel for you Thor hug

You too Stavi hug kiss
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2015 edited
    You got it right though there Thor. She doesn't know what she is missing! You are right, it' s hard especially if you care even a tiny bit more from the other part and yes we tend to avoid what makes as feel hurt. But don't do it! Each time we go through something like this we get to know what we want from the others better and it makes looking for what we want more clear that before. And honestly I'll tell you what I've said to another dear member of our online family : women up there must be having serious problems with their eyes! There are some very fine male specimens among you and they don't see you!!! For crying out loud! And this is not the rakomelo speaking!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Timmer wrote
    I still have room to feel for you Thor hug

You too Stavi hug kiss

And we for you my dear Tim! hug kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thanks for the nice words, Timmer and Stavi.

Let's all do a group hug!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Aren't you all glad I insisted on a hug smilie!?!?! hug
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I dunno about that.
    But I do like your nose!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Isn't it a 'dose' right now? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Iddeed. Stabrouda's dose.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2015
    smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    Iddeed. Stabrouda's dose.

Are you talking about my nose?!?! uhm tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Your lobdly dose!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2015 edited
    Right....so not only do I get female rejection this week, I also get rejection for two jobs (one of which I was called in for an interview and felt chances were high). Thanks, society. Sometimes, I'm convinced I was a serial killer in a former life, and paying the price for it now.

In any case, drowning my qualms in beers tonight (going to do like they do in the movies and drink myself drunk without company), and trying to keep things in perspective. I know there are others out there -- including on this very board -- who have it much worse right now.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2015
    I've been drunk every night this week, I'll join you in some bevvies Thor. Salute! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cheers, my good friend!

beer
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2015 edited
    It seems it doesn't just rain, it pours Thor. You know perhaps all bad things happen together so that good stuff will come along quicker. You are bound to have good times ahead!

Tim honey I'll bring some of the good wine over when I come in 4 months and we'll drink it together for all the good times, the past ones and the ones ahead! hug
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thanks, Stavi. But I'm curious -- are you travelling to Bristol in 4 months?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Yes, I am. In 4 or 5 months I'll be in Bristol for a few days. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Wow. Cool.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2015 edited
    Stavroula wrote
    Tim honey I'll bring some of the good wine over when I come in 4 months and we'll drink it together for all the good times, the past ones and the ones ahead! hug

For me it's difficult to think that far ahead right now but I'm sure we'll meet up. Is your brother here already?

( oh, and wine. Yes please! drink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2015
    I understand that Tim. To be honest I can' t plan that far ahead either, with so many things happening in multiple levels. I just hope I will be able to be there. I miss my brother so much and I've promised you that we'll meet this year so I want to come. Angel has been living in Bristol since September.
  4. Why do kids today show such apathy towards their future? They don't seem to realise that they need to put the work in so that they can get to where they want to go.

I feel a bit better now!
  5. I'd risk asking if kids today do know where they want to go. Depending on the age, they can get even more cynical that we are as adults.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2015
    Alan, I would venture a guess that this particular observation has been made by every preceding generation. And will be bu every generation to follow. smile