• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2015
    Steven wrote
    But even the crappiest smartphone -or indeed phone- is a miracle of human ingenuity and nature.

So's any Zimmer score.

Just sayin'.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2015 edited
    We're intelligent enough to develop a theory of evolution and simultaneously equipped to reject it. Such is the miracle of intelligence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...I may have gone off topic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What? Off-topic in a MainTitles thread?
    Unheard of!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I just hope I haven't grinded conversation to a halt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2015
    My daughter gave me an iphone6 and after a couple of months I got use to it.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2015
    I guess I'm just too old to get used to new things, Tom. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2015
    I am too but the patience my daughter had explaining everything to me made it all possible.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2015
    Just when it started to warm up and I though spring was coming we're having a high of 32 tomorrow.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2015
    There is no wind at all and I'm just waiting for the white stuff to start.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2015
    today is what I call a slush day, yuk
    Tom smile
  1. Noise. Talking. Everything. sad

I work in an office with a few other people. Between them, in various permutations, they've been talking all day long. Not had 5 minutes of quiet. I'm sooo wound up right now. crazy
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  2. Did you ever work in a classroom? smile But actually it's fairly quiet in my calsses. Mostly.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. Captain Future wrote
    Did you ever work in a classroom? smile But actually it's fairly quiet in my calsses. Mostly.

Hahaha... no. The notion of me working in a classroom is beyond ridiculous. I mean... people would... get injured or wose.

My current office is just a walled-off section of a large open-plan space which houses around 200 people. I have worked amidst those 200 and THAT was quieter than the 6-10 (depending on the day) I work with now.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2015
    A day off from the thrift store. I was told yesterday that we're not a repair shop but I was hired a year ago to do repairs? I'm a bit confused.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2015 edited
    A dog outside that has been barking for AGES, and it's now 22:00 on a Easter Sunday night! I'm mostly annoyed at the owners who can't keep their dog in check.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2015
    Easter?
    THIS weekend?
    Is that a Scandinavian thing, celebrating one week ahead, because God knows a blizard could wipe you out at any time? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Easter?
    THIS weekend?
    Is that a Scandinavian thing, celebrating one week ahead, because God knows a blizard could wipe you out at any time? confused

Uhm....no. Tonight is Palm Sunday. Then it continues with Maundy Thursday next week, Long Good Friday etc.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Must be that the clocks went forward 1 week in Norway rather than just the 1 hour like they did here in the UK?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    You really don't celebrate Palm Sunday where you are?!? Weird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Sunday
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've recently converted to Christianity, so I suppose I should celebrate this.
  5. Thor wrote
    You really don't celebrate Palm Sunday where you are?!? Weird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Sunday

I wouldn't know when it was or what it signifies.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    We don't celebrate anything. We just work.
    Fucking Calvinist lowlands. angry
  6. The history of humankind has been mainly driven by assholes. Among them there are few indviduals that I detest with such a passion as I detest Johannes Calvinus. Was it not for him we would long have reached a Star Trek like communist paradise.

Or so I think.
    smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2015 edited
    Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Easter?
    THIS weekend?

Uhm....no. Tonight is Palm Sunday. Then it continues with Maundy Thursday next week, Long Good Friday etc.

It will be odd this year with no Bob Hoskins around on Long Good Friday.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2015
    Steven wrote
    I've recently converted to Christianity, so I suppose I should celebrate this.

On your knees and give thanks that on this day Jesus invented meat.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Wow!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Captain Future wrote
    a Star Trek like communist paradise.

I think you may mean 'communal' rather than 'communist'.
    Poor Gene Roddenberry would roll over in his grave, had he not been shot out into space.
    (Which of course still isn't even half as cool as my hero Hunter Thompson's final destination).
  7. Politics in general, but more specifically polls.

Why does the media prattle on about poll results and their significance? The polls here have been showing the top two parties close, 1-2% difference only. For weeks. What they barely mention is that the error of the polls can be +/- 3%. So they are, in effect, meaningless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2015
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Politics in general, but more specifically polls.

Why does the media prattle on about poll results and their significance? The polls here have been showing the top two parties close, 1-2% difference only. For weeks. What they barely mention is that the error of the polls can be +/- 3%. So they are, in effect, meaningless.

When you read all the information as you did you find that this poll means nothing.
    Tom