• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2016
    Captain Future wrote
    Sorting documents for my tax declaration and tidying up my study. Not my favorite occupation. But nice music helps along. smile

Volker

Me too
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2016
    I still have trouble with being told what to do and I usually don't like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2016
    Off to the doctor for more tests
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2016
    So I've been unlucky again.

Just checked my account after returning from Berlin, and someone has withdrawn 15.000 NOK (1500 Euro) from my account. I will obviously create a case, but it's unlikely I'll ever see it again.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    How????
    Kazoo
  1. Damn, that's just horrible. Not exactly small change... angry
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2016 edited
    Bregt wrote
    How????

I don't know. I didn't lose my card this time, and only used it for hotels and other large sums (the rest was cash). The charge is from something called RB KEN&CHELSEA, which could be this:

https://www.rbkc.gov.uk/

It's weird that it happened while I was in Berlin. Can card information "leak" to other organizations when you use your card abroad? Or is it just coincidental that they made an erroneous charge just as I was abroad? Either way, it's bizarre. I hope I can get some answers in the coming weeks.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Can't it be any cost (hotel? Flight?) you incurred while travelling to or staying in Berlin?
    I had it many times that the organisations financial HQ was somewhere ENTIRELY different from where I actually booked (leading to some serious anxiety initially).

EDIT: Hm. Looking the code up on the net, it does not seem likely.
    Looks a fine or charge from the council.

Otherwise, can't you just report it as fraud and block your card?
    Usually when criminal proceedings are started, most banks in Europe make *some* kind of reparation (even if there often is a personal risk amount that you are still liable for).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    No, the amount is more than ten times as high as anything related to my trip (it also seems to come out of England). This is a fraud or an error of some kind, and will be reported as such. But even then it's almost impossible to get all the money back. I get instantly pessimistic on such things.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    slant
    You should start a crowd funding cause.
    "Help Thor With ...well, basically Everything"
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he...yeah, I would need that. I'm now confident there are cosmic forces at play that continually haunt me with bad luck.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Fuck. Thor how's that possible? I'm sure you can get this back.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I hope so, but only vaguely. I will certainly fight for it.

I think my card has been skimmed when I withdrew from a cash machine or paid a restaurant bill or something.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. What absolutely rotten luck. Hope it sorts itself out soon. sad
  3. That's awful, Thor!
    There is a European Guideline according to wich you can have any unwarranted debiting returned within 13 month. Now, Norway is not a member of the EU but as far as I know Norway and Switzerland are mostly in sync with the EU when it comes to such regulations. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    I hope so, but only vaguely. I will certainly fight for it.

I think my card has been skimmed when I withdrew from a cash machine or paid a restaurant bill or something.

Very likely the case. It happened to me but I got all of my funds back
  4. The software I use for keeping track of my music collection had a bit of a fit and crashed. And in doing so it seems to have made the database - including all my database backups - "disappear". They are just nowhere to be found.

Over 9,500 album details gone in one go. Now I have to go find a recent external drive backup, see where that database is up to and try and fathom how to bring the database up-to-date.

crazy
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2016
    Sorry to hear that. But I assume you have your iTunes intact with all the information there?

I used to keep a listing of my CD's in a Word document with tables, but I stopped that many years ago.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Thor wrote
    Sorry to hear that. But I assume you have your iTunes intact with all the information there?

I used to keep a listing of my CD's in a Word document with tables, but I stopped that many years ago.

Since my new laptop I have not used iTunes.

The software I use - OrangeCD - is a great database and I can upload the information from the program onto a website called "Racks and Tags". So, the information is there but there's no way to use that database to create an OrangeCD-specific database.

What's happened seems to have been really weird. When the program crashed during a shutdown, when I re-started the laptop I couldn't see anything in my music folder: the OrangeCD database/backup and all the recent music albums that I had recently bought.

I then did a system restore thinking that my data would still be gone but any program anomalies would be sorted out. But, when I started the laptop after system restore all these files were now back - except the OrangeCD-specific files.

And when I did a Recuva scan there's no sign of any of these databases. Weird.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. I just returned from the dentist's. "Professional Teeth Cleaning". After what the dentist's assistant did I am surprised to still find teeth in my mouth. They appear to be clean now though. smile

Volker
  7. So my latest order of two releases has been claimed by customs and I now have to pay a substantial amount of 28 euros to transfer it to my hands. I know I was taking a risk because I had never ordered through Varese Sarabande directly but I hoped for similar treatment like with Lalaland, Intrada or Screen Archives.

Well no, apparently they don't care about overseas customers and don't trick customs into thinking that I bought CD's for 2 dollars each. So that'll be the last time I order with them. crazy

I'm still terribly annoyed right now, but I'm sure that will have vanished sometime this week when I have the CD's in my hands (Executive Decision and Alien: a Biomechanical Symphony).
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  8. I have 33 a-level (Abitur) examination essays on my hand. German literature advanced level (Leistungskurs). My students worked on these about 4 hours and that means a minimum of one hour work on each essay for me.
    I have grown quite attached to those students over the last two years. Most of them should have done all right. I hope they did.

smile Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2016
    I got told by a friend that the celebrity 'manage et troi' that the English press isn't allowed to reveal concerns Elton John & David Furnish.

Oh the shock and horror. shocked rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2016
    ...in other news I'm pissed! drink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2016 edited
    So I had a gastroscopy (where they put a tube with a camera down your throat and into your stomach) today after having had issues in my diaphragm for months. Turns out I have a hernia in my esophagus. Great, just what I needed -- yet another issue with my innards. Trump winning, Cohen dying and another health issue added to my existing ones; it hasn't exactly been a good week.

Fuck this world! If I live to be 50, it'll be a miracle.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Sorry to hear that. Will surgery be necessary?
    Don't loose heart, pal! Get well as soon as possible!

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2016
    Thank you, Volker. Yes, I thinks surgery will be necessary (they usually are in such cases), but I'll just have to wait and see what they'll come up with.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I strongly suggest a body transplant.
    Oh.
    Wait.
    Then we'd still be stuck with your personality.

Hmmmm....

I suggest a full replacement by a soundtrack-loving voluptuous single blonde Scandinavian 20-ish girl.
    (Hey, if Marvel did it, so can we!).

No, seriously: man, I don't even know what to say. Your life ISN'T the easiest, and I really admire the good humour you continue to display in general. I know there's nothing I or any of us can do, but be assured my thoughts most certainly are with you.

A hernia in the esophagus...you just don't even make these things up... slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bummer! My best thoughts are with you Thor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thanks.

Could be a great album title, though -- "Hernia in the Esophagus". A prog metal album or something.
    I am extremely serious.