• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2017
    Thor wrote
    I don't really care one way or the other how people think 'change' in terms of new years, but I'm far more skeptical to socalled 'New Year's Resolutions'. I've tried that several times, and it never works.

I last made a New Years Resolution 10 years or more ago, it was to never make a new years resolution again.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2017 edited
    Martijn wrote
    can be!

The last person to anticipate me breaking my New Year Resolution
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    There is power and comfort in rituals..

yeah

It what makes us human and defines culture. I think it is very important to have this fresh start, even though it certainly isn't really, but the mind needs that.
    Kazoo
  1. Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    I don't really care one way or the other how people think 'change' in terms of new years, but I'm far more skeptical to socalled 'New Year's Resolutions'. I've tried that several times, and it never works.

I last made a New Years Resolution 10 years or more ago, it was to never make a new years resolution again.

Then I believe we have finally found the one person who managed to keep their New Years resolution!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2017 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Martijn wrote
    There is power and comfort in rituals..

yeah

It what makes us human and defines culture. I think it is very important to have this fresh start, even though it certainly isn't really, but the mind needs that.

Rather than Jesus coming back from the dead I prefer a more paganistic ritual that makes far more sense of renewal coming after Winter with the advent of Spring, seasonal changes for the win ( well, depending where you live in the world wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I have always had a weak spot for the solstice...so I'm quite happy to attend church on the 24th with singing and trees and lights. Yeah, they're three days late, but it's the same damn ritual.
    (I generally leave before the sermon anyway).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. There is a cheesy scripted reality show on German TV depicting ocean cruises. They constantly play background music that screams "My Heart Will Go On" to you without being the real thing. I hate that. By suggesting a popular piece of music you participate from its success without having to pay for a proper licence. Happens pretty often by the way.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. Captain Future wrote
    There is a cheesy scripted reality show on German TV depicting ocean cruises. They constantly play background music that screams "My Heart Will Go On" to you without being the real thing.

Are you kidding? That's brilliantly subversive. lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2017 edited
    So I was on my way home from a wild, 15-beer-long party this Sunday morning, when I either tripped or slipped (can't remember) and smashed my forehead in the pavement. Now have a huge cut above the left eye, as well as a massive black eye. And just as I'm off for a film festival in Tromsø tomorrow -- doubly annoying because I'll be watching films in 'monovision' and people will think I've been in a fight.

Karma is once again striking back due to some horrible things I must have done in a previous life. :D
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2017
    I don't know if it's karma Thor. biggrin
    It could be the 15 beers?

I hope it's all right and not too long to be healed.
    How's the scar that you got in Fur? biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2017
    Bregt wrote
    I don't know if it's karma Thor. biggrin
    It could be the 15 beers?

I hope it's all right and not too long to be healed.
    How's the scar that you got in Fur? biggrin

Yeah, probably more the beers...wink

The scar from Fur still hasn't grown properly. Still a dark scar below the knee. I should probably have gotten it sown immediately, but as you remember, getting a doctor on Fur wasn't easy. At least we got all our ticks out, thanks to Kaat!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Sorry to hear that, thunderer. On the other hand, the blow to your head has probably set you right. You will now love Giacchino. wink

Volker
  5. Thor wrote
    So I was on my way home from a wild, 15-beer-long party this Sunday morning, when I either tripped or slipped (can't remember) and smashed my forehead in the pavement. Now have a huge cut above the left eye, as well as a massive black eye. And just as I'm off for a film festival in Tromsø tomorrow -- doubly annoying because I'll be watching films in 'monovision' and people will think I've been in a fight.

Karma is once again striking back due to some horrible things I must have done in a previous life. :D

And I thought you were the indestructable THOR shame
    You can always say you got into a fight with a Trump supporter. They will applaud you for it smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2017
    Got mugged last night on the way back from work. Some prick came up behind me on a bike and kicked me to the ground. It was only by holding on to my pockets (to protect my phone and wallet) and shouting as loud as I could that he decided to give up, but not before grabbing my rucksack that had slipped off my shoulder. Nothing particularly valuable to me inside but it did have my set of pub keys in it.

crazy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Scumbag!

I hear shouting "FIRE" is most effective in getting help.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Didn't think of that. It was mostly a series of loud sustained syllables. Unfortunately it was 3am so there was no response, which is hardly surprising since it's a pretty dodgy neighbourhood I have to bisect on the way home.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ouch. Sorry to hear it, Lee, but glad you're alright!
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Oh, that sucks! I'm sorry, man. Glad he didn't get your wallet or phone.
  7. Indeed. Glad you wasn't hurt, Lee.
  8. sucks to hear that Lee sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  9. Pulled/strained my calf muscle this afternoon whilst trying to move Anne's mum up her bed to try and make her more comfortable. Can hardly walk at the morning.

Horrible squelchy/straining feeling when it 'went.'
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  10. The tracks I've been playing on my media player are suddenly not being scrobbled to last.fm.

I've been using MediaMonkey and the little plug-in that allows my listening habits to be sent to last.fm has served me well over the years. But not now.

I have a feeling that it may be that changes at last.fm may be responsible for the break in the functionality. And it surprises me how disappointed I feel that my tracks are not being monitored by my last.fm profile. The tracks I am listening to are being cached within MediaMonkey - so if it gets fixed I should be able to regain an accurate representation of my listening habits.

Until then...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2017 edited
    [Deleted]
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Thor wrote
    [Deleted]

Gone here? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2017
    He, he...yeah, that'd be lovely, actually.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2017
    Does John Beal (the 90s trailer composer) support Trump?

We've been connected on Facebook for a while, and I seem to have read quite a few posts recently that are very suggestive of Trump support. But he's a bit hazy on the matter (deliberately or not). If he is, I'm deleting his ass asap! I will not have any Trump supporters in my network (online or IRL).
    I am extremely serious.
  12. I think he's generally against the way media portray things. He did criticize Trump in his posts quite a lot as well, for some of his behavior.

He's a fact-seeker. You would think that as a proper Vietnam veteran he would be more veered toward the right. But he was rather a Clinton AND Sanders hater than a Trump supporter. He is also very critical of Obama.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2017
    Most of the posts I've seen from him are rightwing-oriented, but I've also seen a few that are clearly defending Trump (against Democrats and mainstream media angles), which is what irks me.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2017
    I have spoken with some Americans that or not a Trump supporter, but are very tired of the Clintons.
  13. I appreciate hearing from Trump supporters every now and then as they point out media slant against him (of which there is a LOT). Even though I find Trump repugnant, I do think the news media makes a huge deal out of a lot of little things he does that really don't need to be so inflated.