• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2018
    After two years of being diagnosed wrong I found out I have Parkinsons disease. Living in memory care, lost everything. CD's went to library. Alive for now but muscles are shot (lay on my back in bed and can't move). Hard to type because of shaking (took 10 minutes to do this). Lucky I remember this site. Will try and check in. Take care all.
    Tom
    miracles do happen
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Oh Lord Tom, that's terrible to hear. You have my thoughts.
  1. Sorry to hear your news Tom. Hopefully, your correct diagnosis means you can get some appropriate treatment. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. Take care Tom.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thanks for the update, Tom, and very sorry to hear about the diagnosis. If you don't mind me asking: Why have you donated your CDs to the library? Does your affliction affect your ability to enjoy music?

In either case, I'm crossing my fingers for a stable and perhaps even improved state in the time to come. I know there have been advances in Parkinson's research, so that it's possible to keep it more or less in control.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2018
    I wish you the very best Tom, and I'm so sorry to hear about the diagnosis.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2018 edited
    Damn. That's terrible news Tom. I'm very sorry to hear all this. I'm very glad you were able to come back here and let us know. I cannot believe you had to give away all your music. Is Spotify an option?

Take care and hope to hear of you now and then.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    Thanks for the update, Tom, and very sorry to hear about the diagnosis. If you don't mind me asking: Why have you donated your CDs to the library? Does your affliction affect your ability to enjoy music?

In either case, I'm crossing my fingers for a stable and perhaps even improved state in the time to come. I know there have been advances in Parkinson's research, so that it's possible to keep it more or less in control.

NO ROOM FOR THEM.
  2. That's, what I assumed. A pity, a rather common disease like Parkinson's would not be diagnosed correctly earlier. Grim as the circumstances are, Tom, I wish you all the best.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    desk, computer, bed, dresser, night stand. have some classical on hard drive to listen to. small room.
  3. Oh, Tom! I’m so sorry. I’m glad they have finally realized what’s going on, but your current living situation sounds so hard.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2018
    Damn! I'm really sorry to hear about this, you have my very best wishes Tom. It may be small compensation but at least you have great music for company.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2018 edited
    Some absolute bastard plucked my bike straight out of the garden last night. Only been in Norwich for a week (and only had the bike since June). I don't need this.... sad
  4. Damn! Sorry to hear about this.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2018
    LSH wrote
    Some absolute bastard plucked my bike straight out of the garden last night. Only been in Norwich for a week (and only had the bike since June). I don't need this.... sad

Sucks. Why one should have never have too new or fancy bikes in cities. You're insured, right?
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Thor wrote
    LSH wrote

Sucks. Why one should have never have too new or fancy bikes in cities. You're insured, right?

It's not just cities. I regularly see posts on Facebook for people locally who have had things stolen; bikes, cars, motorcycles, VW vans, caravans.

As Thor says, I hope that you manage to get a replacement easily and hope that your loss is covered on some kind of insurance.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2018
    Have you shared a picture of the bike on FB Lee? I've shared a couple of posts on behalf of friends who've had their bikes stolen recently. In one of the cases the thief was apprehended after my friend did his own detective work, made a citizens arrest and handed him to police. A number of stolen bikes were recovered though not, unfortunately, my friends bike.

I detest thieves.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2018
    what a shame.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2018
    trying to work around the parkinson's with some success
  6. sdtom wrote
    trying to work around the parkinson's with some success

It's good that you are having some success, Tom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2018
    the hand tremors make it hard to type so i just wait.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2018
    I can't imagine how hard it is for you Tom, but you have my thoughts. I would love more contribution from you on this forum.
  7. Not an annoyance really, but stressful. Today we had our kitchen ripped as a prelude to having a new kitchen put in. An unforseen side effect of this - somehow - is that we have no ceiling lights anywhere in the house.

Also, I have a new laptop that I am trying to get up and running. Getting used to Windows 10 is a chore, as is trying to find program license keys, etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2019
    I just ate the plastic sticker on the apple. Will I die?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Depends. Did you first wash the poison off?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You'll just have a label on your poop. Don't forget to keep us updated with pictures, of course.
  8. You must have been starving! lick
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  9. Thor wrote
    I just ate the plastic sticker on the apple. Will I die?

I assume that you ate the apple too?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yes. It was delicious.
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Thor wrote
    Yes. It was delicious.

What kind was it? If you can't remember, you could always check the label. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2019
    biggrin
    I am extremely serious.