• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009
    Getting my mail, yikes. God is it slow both directions.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    School! crazy The homework, the tests, the quizzes, the tightly packed schedule in which, when I'm not at school, I'm either at band practice, orchestra practice, or lessons. This is the reason why I've sadly not been posting here as much lately; it's not that I've grown bored with this site, far from it. I just can't seem to find the time to do anything, nowadays... slant
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009 edited
    Trust me, no matter how bad it seems I guarantee you'll be wishing you were back at school once you've left. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    That is probably true. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Trust me, no matter how bad it seems I guarantee you'll be wishing you were back at school once you've left. wink

For me? That could only be in an extreme alternate reality. One where more than 10% of the teachers were actually human.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

For me? That could only be in an extreme alternate reality. One where more than 10% of the teachers were actually human.

Same here. Actually i am in the minority that never, under any circumstances misses going back to school or anything school related whatsoever.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009
    I loved the later years at school, though didn't much enjoy university.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It seems he's going so he is.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    After 6 weeks I need to find a better living situation. I'm just not happy.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sorry to hear that Tom, the longer you stay where you are the more unhappy you'll be. Good luck in finding somewhere more suitable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I think many of you knew I really didn't want to leave San Diego.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote
    After 6 weeks I need to find a better living situation. I'm just not happy.
    Thomas

Sorry to hear that. What happened?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Here is the story as briefly as possible. My significant other of 20 years (Susan) decided she wanted to part company with me. She'll admit that the stroke was a factor but not the economics (no more money coming from me). We agreed verbally (my mistake) that I could live in the back in a granny flat converted from a garage. My goal was to survive there until Maureen's last child (junior in high school) left home. Maureen and I would move in together in her house. Three months ago Susan met another man who felt uncomfortable with me living in the back. He left her feeling I was a threat to the relationship and would only return to her if I left. As hard as I tried I couldn't find a reasonable living situation in San Diego. I've put in applications at Senior Living situations, which are affordable ($400 per month), but this takes time. My best option at the time was to leave the area to Minneapolis (relatives) until something breaks. No one ever really told me that life is fair and in this case it isn't. I'm doing the best I can.
    Thomas
  1. sdtom wrote
    Here is the story as briefly as possible. My significant other of 20 years (Susan) decided she wanted to part company with me. She'll admit that the stroke was a factor but not the economics (no more money coming from me). We agreed verbally (my mistake) that I could live in the back in a granny flat converted from a garage. My goal was to survive there until Maureen's last child (junior in high school) left home. Maureen and I would move in together in her house. Three months ago Susan met another man who felt uncomfortable with me living in the back. He left her feeling I was a threat to the relationship and would only return to her if I left. As hard as I tried I couldn't find a reasonable living situation in San Diego. I've put in applications at Senior Living situations, which are affordable ($400 per month), but this takes time. My best option at the time was to leave the area to Minneapolis (relatives) until something breaks. No one ever really told me that life is fair and in this case it isn't. I'm doing the best I can.
    Thomas

that bites Thomas
    life's indeed unfair, you have to be a strong character to not go down with all the negative situations you encounter through life

good luck
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It's a sad situation and I hope you work something out, Thomas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Tom, you have all our support, though that doesn't help the situation. Do you have an idea when you can go back to SD? How is it to see again your father btw?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

I'm sorry to hear that. Is this the reason for you moving recently, then? Stay in there!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tom, my thoughts are sincerely with you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    That was the reason for moving. Unless you can get into the Senior Living situation like I described rents are very expensive in San Diego (upwards of 1000 per month), which basically would take all of my disability payment. I'll either have to stay put where I am for two years or there might be an opening in the Senior Living situation.

It is nice to spend time with my father until an issue comes up with the stroke and then he doesn't understand, which can make things difficult.

Thomas
  2. Sorry to hear about how things have gone, Tom. Sometimes the worst things happen to the nicest people.

Try and hang in there. There's many people here that are wishing you well every single day.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009
    I know and I appreciate all of the moral support you've given me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    This emoticon face-palm-mt really annoys me. angry
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    'Cause it follows you like your signature?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    What that emoticon have to do with my signature? I don't get your point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It follows you LIKE your signature.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin biggrin applause biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil

confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sunil wrote

confused

Words fail me. Here's a picture instead.
  3. applause
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website