• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    I have one now so I think I'm safe enough
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2010
    Was having a fantastic night out last night on a pub crawl with a load of mates. Then lost my wallet.

crazy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Shite! Lost money, having to cancel cards....whatta bummer!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Yeah I've cancelled the cards. Though thankfully there was hardly any cash left in there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Aw cripes. Sorry Lee. And on a Saturday too. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I had to go to the office of my apartment building this morning because I had music files I was sending out. The Wifi works lightning fast next to the office but won't work in my apartment.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2010
    My back has felt better.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Glad to hear it Tom beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Glad to hear it Tom beer

He, he...I think Tom meant that his back has felt BETTER previously, which means it's not good NOW. Hence the "what's annoying you" post!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    oops shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Glad to hear it Tom beer

He, he...I think Tom meant that his back has felt BETTER previously, which means it's not good NOW. Hence the "what's annoying you" post!

Thor is right
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sdtom wrote

Thor is right

Now I'm really confused... confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven is right.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ........or left.

----> coat --->
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Looks like you're the one who left...

Shall I join you in the getting of the coats?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Damn. :maintitles: biggest, never quite ending, general population hangover ever.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010 edited
    Was digitising a number of cassette tapes, then splitting the tracks, tweaking and cleaning them up.
    And now, when I'm nearly done (about eight hours of work later, not counting the actual digitising time), and failing to understand the whole time why the eventual sound was so dull, I just found that the playback was done using a Dolby setting that was never used to record the original tracks.

And as there is no way to fix that in post-production, that means I have to do everything all over again.

Eight hours of work spread over a week. Wasted. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010
    Bummer! slant

join me in a port instead? beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010 edited
    Yeah, might as well. smile

The really annoying thing is that it's work I'd been putting off, because it's both painstaking as well as really mindnumbingly boring, with a lot of non-automatable repetition. So I was pretty pleased initially I'd actually got on with it.

Now it's very likely I'll have to postpone it again for months simply because I can't really spare the time.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Not too much to add slant

More port sir? drink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Don't mind if I do, Sir! christmas_drunk
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010
    This sounds like another 6 screwdriver night
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010 edited
    cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    None stop work. A huge amount of it! I've been going none stop for a week now. And the heat, oh the misery!!! 40oC for the 3rd day here!I think I'll faint! slant crazy
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Mah. How positively lady-lahk.

Would you lahk a mint julep with that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Pardon?

EDIT:
    Now I got it! Who is going to work if I drown myself in alcohol!?Ts,ts,ts rolleyes
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm sorry shame. Whenever women talk about fainting my Scarlet O'Hara reflex kicks in.
    According to literature, it was very ladylike to swoon in the Old South for any number of reasons (heat being just one of them).

And obviously a mint julep -a very southern drink- is just the thing to pick you up again.

Sorry to hear about the work stress though.
    Thought you'd nearly finished? sad

(And I really rather like heat. 40ºC is lovely for swimming. cool flash Or sipping ice cooled cocktails cocktail )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    EDIT:
    Now I got it! Who is going to work if I drown myself in alcohol!?Ts,ts,ts rolleyes

Look at it from another angle: we're all going to have to work up to two years longer, so one day of slacking off isn't going to make a difference: you still will have 729 more days to make up for it.

My logic knows no bounds. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Had a long talk with my doctor again who decided to change my meds yet again. I'm not feeling the greatest this morning. This stroke is a pain in the ass