• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010
    Even though I would imagine that right now your mind and emotions must be "in a bad place", I admire your resilience, Alan. I really do.
    I'm desperately thinking how I could be of more practical help, but can't come up with anything offhand.

I know you told us before, but I forgot ( shame ), what was your chosen profession again?
    I seem to remember something concerning chemistry or biology, connected to the healthcare industry?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Once again my hand. Damn it! I guess I have to be patient for a couple of weeks until I meet my doctor.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  1. A couple of weeks? Do you have any painkillers to help ease the pain?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. I've been a research scientist (biologist) working for a wound care company in their R&D facility.

So I do have some skills in working/running in a lab as well as interacting with health care professionals explaining the science of wound healing and how products work, etc.

At the moment something like education in further education seems most appealing...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    PawelStroinski wrote
    A couple of weeks? Do you have any painkillers to help ease the pain?

I have , but they don't help much. Rest and care, but unfortunately these are a luxury to my right now.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  3. When do you finish work?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    In about two to three weeks. Still much time to go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FalkirkBairn wrote

At the moment something like education in further education seems most appealing...

Uni or college? I'd love to work at uni when I'm done with my degree. Best of luck to you, Alan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Would love it too but they need people with both the credentials and most importantly: experience. Alan has a lot of that, 20 years is massive. Really hope you get along well with this my friend. Keep us posted and as Martijn said, is crucial (hard i know, but not impossible) not to let yourself sink into the gloomy feelings.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I didn't say I expect to be a lecturer, I just said I'd like to work at uni. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, you can always clean the toilets if you like wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's true, you can only be a janitor or a lecturer at uni. Unfortunately there's no middle ground. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bad day today!

I was told that my job/position is "at risk of redundancy". Which effectively means I've been given notice that my job will end the middle of next month. Bummer. sad

Made worse (if that's possible) by knowing that August 1st would have been my 20th Anniversary with the company.

Trying not to be too disheartened at the moment but it's hard.

Anyone want to buy some CDs? wink

When one door closes another always will open. You have a lot of time and getting a job under the circumstances you're dealing with will be easier.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I spent a long time at the doctor/therapist/psychiatrist for the past couple of days. I'm on a new medication #8 and it seems to be working really really well. It is selfish but if I don't care for myself no one else will which is what I'm doing. The relationship is out because my brain can't handle the up and down of being in love. If it were all roses that would be great but as we know it never is. The medication for your info is quetiapine and it is antipsychotic. The drawback is I can't drive but I think there is a solution to that. Good to be back.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2010 edited
    Hope it all rolls out well, sad to hear that emotional involvement must be ruled out though. No Driving is ok, you can do without it i guess? Public transportation and all, ease free and expenses free too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I think at some point when I'm stable the meds can be adjusted. Good to be alive. I'll find my way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, finding your way is essential. Wishing you all the best with the new meds beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    My advice is to watch your god damn blood pressure. Most strokes can be prevented
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's what i hear all the time and it's so true. What you eat is crucial too, i rarely eat sweets and salty stuff anymore and i've greatly reduced the amount of salt in my cooking as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    My cholesterol dropped from 400 to 200 by giving up salt, red meat, and a lot of fatty stuff like butter etc. When the doctor put me on something called simvastatin it dropped to 120!!! Believe me there are tons of things I can eat. I'm not overweight. I'm 6'4 and weigh 195 a good weight for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am glad i never use butter. You gave up salt completely? Or just reduced it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I add it to nothing. There is a very effective salt substitute you can purchase for popcorn etc. I would say I get the minimum daily anyway. I do however add an iodine pill every day just in case
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2010
    I heard a 30 second sound bite on what the French government is doing as far as protecting the players and their investigation into the matches. I assume this was just hype. A government couldn't be that stupid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010
    My second driving lesson today.

FFS. crazy
    With all the anticipating, clutching, breaking, declutching, steering and shifting going on I quite spontaneously no longer remembered the distinction between left and right. Six times (that's right SIX), my instructor asked me to go right and I went left and vice versa.

At the end of the lesson he was nigh undone by hilarity while I was sweating like a hog and near crying. sad
    I miss my bike.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010 edited
    Yeah. Cars without automatic transmission are really stone age-like.

I still wonder why we, with all the available technology, the fact that we send satellites into space or little jeeps to Mars and let them drive around, built the most advanced robots and so many other amazing stuff, ... still need to clutch. rolleyes slant
    Kazoo
  4. Easy, because it's fun once you know how to... and makes you feel more in control of your car. At least I feel it that way.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010
    It's the goddamn 21st century.
    The only control I crave over a car is mind control. All the rest should be bloody automatic. angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Easy, because it's fun once you know how to... and makes you feel more in control of your car. At least I feel it that way.

Completely agree. Ask anyone you like who's into cars and loves driving; everyone is disgusted of automatic transmission...you don't control the car, it controls you; manual gearbox can be very dangerous in the hands of a dickhead with no self-control, but it can also be life-saver but also always FUN in the hands of an experienced driver. Relax, it's until you learn and get used to it. Then you'll laugh at yourself at how you were with the car at the beginning.
  5. In the beginning, I was terrified arriving at a crossroad and having to stop in the middle of rush hour. I would then get so stressed and let go too early of the pedal and stalling the engine. sad

Believe me, having to drive in a city with maniac drivers everywhere is the best way to learn how to drive. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010
    DreamTheater wrote
    Believe me, having to drive in a city with maniac drivers everywhere is the best way to learn how to drive. cheesy

Very, very true. beer