• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009
    lol
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    applause biggrin applause

Brilliant! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    tsk tsk, mocking the afflicted.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Steven wrote
    Sunil wrote

confused

Words fail me. Here's a picture instead.

Steven you're such a bad boy !!! MT will have one less member if you go on. We don't want that do we? sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DreamTheater wrote

Steven you're such a bad boy !!!

Should.... should we kiss?
  2. More like kiss and make up.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2009
    More like get a room?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You can be oil boy D.

rubba dub dub dub an all that....
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hey don't tease me. I am envying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2009 edited
    [edit: post deleted]

Reason for deletion: let's keep the one member of MT VS another member of MT crap in the relevant thread only. Not that we actually need even one such, if you ask me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2009
    Some of you might remember that long conversation we had on pedophiles and homosexuals? And some of us raised some ethical concerns whether some of those latter couples being allowed to adopt little children in the near future? Well, yeah.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8247540.stm
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
    This is annoying you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
    Adopting children? It's a weird / odd and difficult topic, you can say, the least.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Don´t see it as an odd nor weird thing. Homoparental adoption is legal in Spain since 2005, being a couple from Barcelona the first one to adopt a child, back in 2006.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's legal in The Netherlands as well, I think from 2002 onwards?

While legally I cannot but applaud the continued leveling of relationships, there are continued suggestions out there that even if every other condition is met (unconditional love, proper education, clear moral values, et cetera) children that have both a male and a female rolemodel present during their upbringing are more stable psychologically and emotionally.

It's certainly a matter of interest and of closer inspection.
    But annoyance?
    No.
    Not a bit.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Agree Martijn
    listen to more classical music!
  3. Martijn wrote
    It's legal in The Netherlands as well, I think from 2002 onwards?

While legally I cannot but applaud the continued leveling of relationships, there are continued suggestions out there that even if every other condition is met (unconditional love, proper education, clear moral values, et cetera) children that have both a male and a female rolemodel present during their upbringing are more stable psychologically and emotionally.

It's certainly a matter of interest and of closer inspection.
    But annoyance?
    No.
    Not a bit.

I actually agree with those concerns (role model presence), but I think it can be worked with. Don't tell me that gay people don't have good FRIENDS of the opposite sex who would help with the child's upbringing!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It's one of those things where I suspect for the "pioneers" it's not going to be great - can you IMAGINE what it would be like for a kid at some inner-city state school whose parents are both of the same gender? - but after a generation or two it will be accepted. I can't think of any way it could be accepted other than just going ahead and doing it, now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Could you feel friends of the opposite sex (either your mother's or father's) as substitutes for your real mother and father when you were growing up? Even if they came and took care of you from time to time? Or did the baby-sitter ever substitute your mother for the matter?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Some of the toughest people I know were raised by single parents. I can't really say how I would have found it (having gay parents and so not being exposed to one of each gender) because I didn't go through it - who knows. It's a tough one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    I'm not sure if it's legal here, but I think it can be just one of the various types of today's families.

Homosexual or not, what matters is, if those "dads" (or "moms") have enough responsibility and ability to give care and love to the kids... it'd be better having two good dads (or moms) than having horrible mom and dad who don't have any responsibility sad
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well said Miya smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Well said Miya smile

Agreed! Very , very well said.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'd prefer to have two moms though, but I agree with Miya's statement.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2009
    Miya wrote
    I'm not sure if it's legal here, but I think it can be just one of the various types of today's families.

Homosexual or not, what matters is, if those "dads" (or "moms") have enough responsibility and ability to give care and love to the kids... it'd be better having two good dads (or moms) than having horrible mom and dad who don't have any responsibility sad

Well said
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Bregt wrote
    I'd prefer to have two moms

biggrin
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Miya wrote
    Bregt wrote
    I'd prefer to have two moms

biggrin

Me too. Preferably not blood related.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    My nephew actually does. smile
    My aunt is in a relationship with another woman, who gave birth to "their" son some twenty years ago.
    (Of course he *is* their son in every single conceivable (biggrin) way but the purely biologically-technically one).

He sure turned out pretty OK. smile

There are many formats of family (in the broadest sense: not just blood-related, but based on community-responsibility as well or extended families et cetera). My only issue is that I honestly think it's good for any child to have both a female and a male rolemodel.

But then that's an ideal situation.
    As the case was made above, many kids raised by single parents have turned out just fine.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The stories I could tell about single parent raising.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    My best friend, who was gone for a RTW, will leave on October for six months to Kenya.

Great for him of course, and I wholehaertly agree he should do this intership at the Belgian Embassy and UN. But things will be less varied again, he was the one who pushed us to do other things.

Anyhow, perhaps that's a reason to join him for a week or two? wink
    Kazoo