• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010
    Why don't you just use another browser?
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why don't you use either firefox or google chrome and get over with the problems and the annoyance?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm anxiously awaiting the response.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Because Opera is my favourite browser in terms of interface.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    so the answer to the question is that its worth the hassle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't think it's worth all the hassle, if it makes you frustrated Thor. Sometimes we must leave ourselves and our little weird preferences aside (we all have those) in favour of other, greater or more important things smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Seems like most of media playback problems are solved now. I installed a plug-in that made the web TV thing work, and youtube is up and running again. So no need for any drastic measures just yet. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2010
    good
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010
    Our prime minister has, for the third time in less than 3 years, again asked the king for the resignation of the government. face-palm-mt

Sigh.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010
    Our - now seems ex - government wouldn't have resigned even if the entire country had asked it to. But thank God they have to go now due to the latest elections.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Our prime minister has, for the third time in less than 3 years, again asked the king for the resignation of the government. face-palm-mt

Sigh.

It should've been our government on that Tupolev a couple of weeks ago, not the Polish. crazy

I think there would have been parties everywhere following the crash. devil
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2010 edited
    FSM!! crazy

Read it and weep (or don't):

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

Why am I still there, you ask? Well, as I'm sure I've said before...a) habit and b) the most active film music forum on the net. That's it.

(FYI, it's a thread where I try to confront annoying generalizations a la "film music sucks nowadays!" or "every synth score is crappy!" and so on.....but apparently, the majority thinks they're perfectly legitimate arguments).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2010
    Just the same way you'll happily wave around your 'legitimate' arguments towards C&C releases vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    steb74 wrote
    Just the same way you'll happily wave around your 'legitimate' arguments towards C&C releases vomit

Oh crap, you're here too? Fortunately, we have more vigilant moderators here, who would never allow the behaviour you displayed over there. But I'm gonna lay that to rest now. Don't want to drag that shit over here.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    Why on earth are you bringing moderators into this and speaking of my behaviour?
    There is nothing whatsoever in that FSM thread that would warrant any kind of cautioning, which you know quite well.
    Your hypocrisy knows no bounds Thor!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sleep
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    Wow, you got me slant

(apologies Bregt but Thor is running back and forth between sites trying to play mind games)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Bregt wrote

Sigh.

Frankly, I'm even more annoyed by news and media anchors like Cools (and Phara) than many of the politicians.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Just keep in mind Thor you're a lot smarter than most and you assume everyone else will discuss things at your level of intelligence. Some people can't. Some people let emotions rule them. Some people have the residue of too many drugs in their system and can no longer think clearly.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Bregt wrote

Sigh.

Time to protest and take the kazoos to parliament and make international news? cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    fommes wrote
    Bregt wrote

Sigh.

Frankly, I'm even more annoyed by news and media anchors like Cools (and Phara) than many of the politicians.

True. They play the game. And they especially think they're the best in what they do and certainly show it off, to the annoyingly.

Tintin wrote
    Time to protest and take the kazoos to parliament and make international news? cheesy

tongue
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    FSM!! crazy

Read it and weep (or don't):

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

Well, this thread shows me two things:

1) In spite of some dismissiveness, it is actually rather an interesting topic, and one I would find worth pursuing (but I realize that I too may be in the minority here. I can perfectly see where talking about talking about film music might not be for everyone)

2) Not being able to post pictures in a thread, but only being able to link to them (Meta-pictures...ahem) is an ABSOLUTE blessing. Even with our default off-topic mayhem, readability here is vastly better.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Martijn wrote
    ...readability here is vastly better.

I'd quite like it if alternate posts were slightly different shades so that each post can be easily differentiated from one another amongst a page of posts.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And Thor, really man, if you don't like that place and since you've been attacked so many times (for good or for bad), those 2 reasons you keep stating which you say they keep you here, aren't really enough against all that, are they?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Martijn wrote
    ...readability here is vastly better.

I'd quite like it if alternate posts were slightly different shades so that each post can be easily differentiated from one another amongst a page of posts.

Wrong thread.
    Move your post.
    You have twenty seconds to comply.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    1) In spite of some dismissiveness, it is actually rather an interesting topic, and one I would find worth pursuing (but I realize that I too may be in the minority here. I can perfectly see where talking about talking about film music might not be for everyone)

Yeah, it's not for everyone, but - in addition to charting, say, certain fan habits - it's something I find endlessly more fascinating than cracked jewel cases, postal service issues, speculation about upcoming releases or what-have-you. Guess it's the "closet sociologist" in me.

2) Not being able to post pictures in a thread, but only being able to link to them (Meta-pictures...ahem) is an ABSOLUTE blessing. Even with our default off-topic mayhem, readability here is vastly better.

Well, I do LIKE the image function per se for the most part (gives a kinda "emotional immediacy" that a link doesn't), but when I see it misused like above, I wish it didn't exist. You'll have to weigh the pros and cons.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    And Thor, really man, if you don't like that place and since you've been attacked so many times (for good or for bad), those 2 reasons you keep stating which you say they keep you here, aren't really enough against all that, are they?

No. But I just can't keep away after having been a regular feature for 13 years! I need an FSM detox! I do, however, think I have a voice on certain issues that needs to be heard (even though my opponents don't) and so I feel it's important enough to pay the price of ridicule once in a while. I'm extremely adament on certain things, if I feel they are important enough to care about. Both film music-related and otherwise.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    I'm extremely adament on certain things

And here we were thinking you are "Mister On-The-Fence"... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It is very difficult to comment but I'm going to try later. I feel you expect way too much.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    It is very difficult to comment but I'm going to try later. I feel you expect way too much.
    Thomas

Are you addressing me? I don't know if I expect too much, I only ask people to focus their arguments. That goes for FSM, maintitles and any other forum where people interact and discuss something.
    I am extremely serious.