• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010
    Yeah...well. Me, I'm just terrified, period.
    It's gonna take a zillion lessons....
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Believe me, having to drive in a city with maniac drivers everywhere is the best way to learn how to drive. cheesy

Very, very true. beer

yeah, you greeks should know something about that smile

ps, a taxi went through a red light (well he was careful because he slowed down tongue ) because there wasn't a lot of traffic on the road, is this the way they drive in Greece?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010
    Yeap. And way worse, believe me.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Yeap. And way worse, believe me.

cool, will cross over when light is green then
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010 edited
    Come on D! Don't generalize! We have a lot of asshole drivers here but not everybody drives like this! And truth be told, the roads are no help either. But you can come across but drivers everywhere in the world! And this comes from me who I live in a city without traffic lights! rolleyes
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010
    Stavroula wrote
    And truth be told, the roads are no help either.

That is VERY true! Scooter driving in Greece at times feels like piloting the Millennium Falcon through an asteroid field! (The adrenalin though gives you THE best buzz at the end!)

And this comes from me who I live in a city without traffic lights! rolleyes

... what? uhm
    So...what do Spartans do when they approach a poor-visibility intersection?
    Just put the pedal to the metal and shout "tonight we dine in hell"?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, truth to be told, if you visit youtube and liveleak, nothing beats india, asia and turkey when it comes to bad drivers; Former soviet union also has a lot of drunk driver accident occurences but Greece is pretty bad too, especially the taxi drivers and motorcycle drivers (both the way car drivers face them but also how those cyclists themselves drive) and especially Athens. This come from someone who's driven for 10 years in Cyprus and 1 and a half (and counting) in Thessaloniki, Greece. I have a friend who studies in California and tells me the large freeway roads that circle l.a are a living hell, Greece in comparison is heaven though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    ... what? uhm

lol

Most intersections have no visibility problems and the signing is very good indeed. People here are used to it and they obey the traffic rules... most of the time! wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Also Greece has some of the worst road systems in Europe. Signals gone or not visible any more due to age or bad placement, full of hellish turns and of course the roads' surfaces are fucked up. Everyone has to change cars' suspension at some point due to holes in the road.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Never been to Greece shame ( it WILL happen ) but I can vouch for India which easily beats other places I've encountered bad roads and traffic.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Stavroula wrote
    ... what? uhm

lol

Most intersections have no visibility problems and the signing is very good indeed. People here are used to it and they obey the traffic rules... most of the time! wink

LOL indeed. We at least have a following of the basic rules, such as stopping for pedestrians wanting to cross the road.

That reminds me of this !!!! shocked shocked shocked
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. I'm being rejected for a mobile phone contract even though my credit score is "excellent". And the phone company is reluctant to tell me why they believe my credit rating bad when all the information I have tells me otherwise!
    angry
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2010
    On what grounds they rejected you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm being rejected for a mobile phone contract

That's absurd! Usually the opposite is what happens: YOU have to decline the dozens of contracts THEY propose to you.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    On what grounds they rejected you?

That's the trouble - I can't find out. I ordered it all online and the next day...but the computer said no!

I checked my credit rating and it's fine. Seems like there's something else that's the matter. Maybe because I'm Scottish?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2010 edited
    What's the company, Alan?

I know there are many (generally quite inane) factors in play with extending any long-term financial commitments (amount of mortgage, outstanding loans, previous mobile contracts, number of credit cards, area...), but this reeks like a computer error, indeed.

That said, the phone company -if laws in the UK are comparable to those in The Netherlands- would not be reluctant to tell you the reason for dismissal, but they would actually be physically unable to: generally a credit check yields a "red" or "green" signal only, without details.

If -like in The Netherlands- there is a central institute that governs and manages credit and solvability, get in touch with them post-haste. If your records somehow got muddled (and this happens in The Netherlands quite often, sometimes for something as stupid as a forgotten or incorrect invoice from a remote delivery service (like Play, or Amazon, or whatever) of a laughable amount. Just a few quid.) you might find yourself unable to extend your mortgage, get a loan or -indeed- get a mobile phone contract because of a few measly pounds launching you into "red" with this agency.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2010
    They don't sell the smoothie bottles in the store anymore, and haven't done for a few weeks. I love my smoothie on the balcony on a sunny Sunday... slant
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So why not make your own?
    Way healthier and enjoyable.

I love making smoothies. lick
    Mango, orange juice, banana, a bit of yoghurt, honey and frozen grapes. All in the blender... bliss! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote

Mango, orange juice, banana, a bit of yoghurt, honey and frozen grapes. All in the blender... bliss! lick

Don't have a blender, nor a freezer (for the ice cubes). The drawbacks of a kitchen that is so small that you can barely fit your own body in there. (insert pun on my body here!)
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY!!!! punk beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lick
  6. Martijn wrote
    What's the company, Alan?

Vodafone.

I've been on the phone to them throughout the day. And I have to say that when you actually speak to someone who knows what they are talking about, and who actually seems to want to help people, then customer helplines can be very useful! I spoke to one guy who sent me a direct contact email so that I can speak to someone who knows the history!

It seems that my problems stem from one of two things: either it's a problem with their automatic address filling software not recognising my address. So it's not tallying up with independent confirmation of my address (and rejecting). Or it's someone not ticking the correct box when the initial order was made.

It seems that it could be all sorted out...now I just need to wait for restocking of my handset so that it can be shipped (BTW, it's not an iPhone 4!!)

Feeling a bit better about this now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2010
    Whoever is responsible for conceiving the most recent set of Halifax adverts needs a fucking good talking to.
  7. LSH wrote
    Whoever is responsible for conceiving the most recent set of Halifax adverts needs a fucking good talking to.

punk

Too right!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010
    work. annoys. me.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Rian wrote
    work. annoys. me.

In general or just today?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Meh, mostly the past month. I need some serious long time off. smile
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010
    Someone stole my wallet on the bus today. Fortunately, there wasn't much money there, and my VISA card was in another pocket, but there was a mastercard and my driver's licence, among other things. The latter is particularly annoying to lose, because it's 5-600 NOK (almost $100) to get a new one.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Fuck, those things get on my nerves! How did it happen? Too crowded? You had it in the back-pocket and was visible?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Fuck, those things get on my nerves! How did it happen? Too crowded? You had it in the back-pocket and was visible?

No, it was inside my bag, but it was very crowded (I had to stand up), so someone must have actually managed to sneak their arm down there, even though I kept it close to my body. slant
    I am extremely serious.