• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2010
    plindboe wrote
    I don't think a news article has ever annoyed me so much before. The reaction of the police made me yell at my computer. Poor guy.

Peter angry

What a shame this didn't happen to some top politician's plush country pile, then you'd see just how fast they'd change a lousy law.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2010
    plindboe wrote
    I don't think a news article has ever annoyed me so much before. The reaction of the police made me yell at my computer. Poor guy.

Peter angry

Indeed. Extremely provocative behaviour by the police. I'd like to see the police force try something like that in this country....they would have been fed to the dogs.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    What a shame this didn't happen to some top politician's plush country pile, then you'd see just how fast they'd change a lousy law.

I bet the law is already on this guy's side. The family was trespassing on private property. Stupidity is not an excuse for breaking the law, and they should have been kicked out without question.

The police just saw a scared and weak old man needing help, and they decided they didn't want to waste resources on it. I bet if it had been an assertive person, or indeed a rich or so-called important person, they'd have done their job without question.

I really hope someone gets fired for this. Of course the chances of that happening are non-existant.

Peter slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    Except that -at least in The Netherlands- it is specifically advised against: don't do it yourself for danger of damage.

Exactly what I was told and the medical clinic handles it well.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    My father and his driving my truck to the west coast for me is driving me crazy because he keeps changing his mind about when he is leaving etc.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    How old is your dad Tom?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    True to form he changed his mind yet again
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2010
    I can see the handwriting on the wall with my security deposit in the old apartment. The woman who does the cleaing came in and took a look around. When she opened the broiler draw to look at the pan, cover etc. I was going to make the comment "oh that shouldn't be a problem because I never used it" but before I could say anything she shook her head and said this is going to take some work. I felt like saying well you cleaned it before you dumb bitch so its your problem not mine but I remained silent. I'll see what happens.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    moonie wrote
    Lindsay Lohan , Paris Hilton and Justin Beber.

Is this your dream guest list? wink

No just people I wish would just fall off the planet. wink
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2010
    I'm not feeling very well. I suffered a severe boot of acute gastritis and I was at the hospital. I'm not quite well yet but I'm getting there.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    HOSPITAL??? shocked

Did they give you anything? What's the prognosis?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2010 edited
    Did they give me anything?! Of course they did... not. They ran tests,thought it was gastrenderitis and they sent me home after a couple of hours. I couldn't stand from the pain so my mum came from Athens and we phoned a private doctor who told me it was gastritis (after seeing the tests of course) and he gave me painkillers and treatment and I'm better now. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ow Stavi! How awful. How did that happen?

How long will it take before it is over.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I don't know how it happened. The doctor said that it could have been something I ate or streess. I'm not in much pain now, almost none but I feel "full" and my throat and ribs hurt from the vomiting. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You poor lass sad

I can offer you nought but a big virtual hug and kiss

Get good soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavi, too much stress is my take, knowing you.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    yikes hope your doing better
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Facebook thing that announces where people are.

"James Southall just checked in at his house."

WHO GIVES A SHIT?

And you can't even disable updates from the stupid thing in isolation like you can with all the other pointless Facebook things you don't want to see in your news feed.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Haha, I hope you've been enjoying my London trip updates. It's probably the only time I'll use this, and I concur, it's shit!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I did indeed notice your London trip!

I completely fail to see the point of it. Maybe it works better for people whose friends are predominantly actual "real" friends who they live near. For people like me who don't even know who half his friends are, it really is of no interest at all. Why would I care that somebody I've never even heard of (outside being a Facebook friend) and will almost certainly never meet, is having his dinner at Mama Leone's Italian Grill?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's beyond foolish.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2010 edited
    Facebook is great (and yes, I'm being serious) for a variety of reasons that I won't even bother to go into here. You just have to know how to use it and tailor it to your preference. It has given me dates with girls, work projects and special invitations to things I would otherwise not have known about. Among other things.

Incidentally, Southall, you CAN edit facebook updates. For example, you can choose to remove updates from specific individuals that you have no interest in, that keep sending out updates every half hour or that is otherwise annoying.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I mostly use it to keep in touch with those friends of mine who are far afield.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Facebook is great (and yes, I'm being serious) for a variety of reasons that I won't even bother to go into here. You just have to know how to use it and tailor it to your preference. It has given me dates with girls, work projects and special invitations to things I would otherwise not have known about. Among other things.

Incidentally, Southall, you CAN edit facebook updates. For example, you can choose to remove updates from specific individuals that you have no interest in, that keep sending out updates every half hour or that is otherwise annoying.

You missed my point. I like Facebook too - I was moaning specifically about the new feature where people announce their current whereabouts through some sort of GPS thing linked to their phone I think. And you can't remove that individually the way you can remove the irritating Farmville stuff etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2010
    I don't have that........why did you give your phone to facebook?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Plus it's stupid and completely dangerous to let everyone know when you're in and out your house...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I didn't. And wouldn't. But lots of people have...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So how does this new feature work? And why don't i have it? (thank God)...maybe you can disable it through the options / privacy etc?

As for your other comment; i know, sadly. Sigh; people are naive and stupid, really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote

You missed my point. I like Facebook too - I was moaning specifically about the new feature where people announce their current whereabouts through some sort of GPS thing linked to their phone I think. And you can't remove that individually the way you can remove the irritating Farmville stuff etc.

If you go to the upper, right corner of a status update, a cross will appear. Press that, and you're asked if you want to ignore the updates of said user.
    I am extremely serious.