• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2011
    plindboe wrote
    My gf recently let her mother look at the pictures on her computer, and of course she accidentally ended up seeing a photo of me in my tight boxer briefs. Apparently she laughed out loud, which I'm frankly a bit concerned about.

Peter slant

shocked lol applause

personally i would die of embarassment....forever shame
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2011 edited
    Bregje wrote
    Exactly, if there is toothpaste for strong teeth, toothpaste for white teeth and toothpaste for sensitive teeth... why not put it all together and call it: toothpaste!

I mean we want all these things right? Why make so many different ones... it's ridiculous.
    biggrin <-- white teeth

How true!

Bregje wrote
    Our dentist always told us to buy the cheapest one but take good care of brushing the right way.

Wise dentist. That's pretty much my motto when it comes to toothpaste.

Bregje wrote
    This reminds me: did you see the movie The Invention of Lying? It started nice and got really weird and horrible as it went along I thought, but since lies do niet exist in this movie, the 'commercials' are very funny.

Funny movie, but yes, I preferred the initial premise and examples of honesty more than how it turned out later on. I'd still give it a 7 outta 10 though.

Bregje wrote
    At one point a truck passes that says "Pepsi. For when they have no Coca Cola" applause

applause Haha, I had forgotten that one.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    shocked lol applause

personally i would die of embarassment....forever shame

Hehe, indeed.

Fortunately I wasn't around when it happened, I just got told afterwards.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2011
    The right has won the elections in Spain (an overwhelming absolute majority). May God have mercy on our souls.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2011
    What's their platform, Marcel?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    What's annoying me currently: the fact that there aren't 36 hours in a day! Ever since I started my new career of freelance artist I've tried finding enough time in the day to keep up with MT to no avail. I miss you guys terribly. I miss arguing about Ice Age 3. I don't even remember how to use smilies anymore. Let's see, was it... ::gun:: Did that work?

Hope to catch up with you guys. Right now I'm eager to read some feedback about Tintin. I'll go looking through other threads.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    I guess that didn't work. ::randomsmilieplease::

crap...
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Marselus wrote
    The right has won the elections in Spain (an overwhelming absolute majority). May God have mercy on our souls.

Indeed. Good luck with years of your own George W. Bush.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Having to go through my accounts and tallying them up with invoices sent. I'm having to catch up as I have let the paperwork slip a bit.

Good news though is that I may have found a chunk of money I have yet to bill for. smile

Hope my paperwork reflects the actual picture and that I can now invoice for the said amount!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2011 edited
    Thor wrote
    Marselus wrote

rolleyes
    (Unless you were being ironic)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Of course I was being ironic.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shame

As I said on another forum. Sometimes my reactions to what I perceive to be kneejerk reactions tend to be rather kneejerk reactions in their own right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote

PP (Popular Party)

Martijn wrote
    Thor wrote
    Marselus wrote

rolleyes
    (Unless you were being ironic)

Thor isn't that far from the truth. The guy who's gonna be the president is a minion (a puppet, actually) of José María Aznar (who is the one pulling the strings in the Popular Party), a former president who considered himself friends with Geroge Bush and brought Spain into the Irak war, among other highlights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Marselus wrote
    Martijn wrote

PP (Popular Party)

No, I meant, what is their party political program?
    What kind of changes are they suggesting implementing to weather the crisis?
    Why did the population vote for them?

Thor isn't that far from the truth. The guy who's gonna be the president is a minion (a puppet, actually) of José María Aznar (who is the one pulling the strings in the Popular Party), a former president who considered himself friends with Geroge Bush and brought Spain into the Irak war, among other highlights.

<shrug>
    Like pretty much every single other political leader in the west (and quite a few in the east) around that time?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote

<shrug>
    Like pretty much every single other political leader in the west (and quite a few in the east) around that time?

Right, but not all the political leaders in the west come from a party founded by a minister of Franco, which is the case with the founder of PP

In any country of Europe, this man would have been judged, sentenced to prison and hopefully he would have died sooner than later. Not in Spain. Not only he founded a political party but has been senator until a few months ago.

The guy who's gonna be president is his disciple. So, again, may god help us all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Martijn wrote

PP (Popular Party)

No, I meant, what is their party political program?
    What kind of changes are they suggesting implementing to weather the crisis?

That's the funny thing. They'va based their campaign on repeating the words 'unemployment', 'crysis' and, again, 'unemployment'. Not a single proposal. Which brings me to....

Martijn wrote
    Why did the population vote for them?

Because a lot of spaniards are retarded.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Marselus wrote
    Martijn wrote

<shrug>

Right, but not all the political leaders in the west come from a party founded by a minister of Franco, which is the case with the founder of PP

In any country of Europe, this man would have been judged, sentenced to prison and hopefully he would have died sooner than later. Not in Spain. Not only he founded a political party but has been senator until a few months ago.

The guy who's gonna be president is his disciple. So, again, may god help us all.

Again: <shrug>
    We in The Netherlands have political leaders that come from parties that have a (relatively recent) history of rabid and militant marxism, mao-ism and anarchism.

While it's good and always interesting to keep an eye on history, to my mind judging politicians on what their predecessors may have thought or what the history of the party is rather than its current political points of view, party programs and long-term solutions for current issues, is not the most constructive way forward. (Taking that line, Mandela would and should NEVER have been elected president of South Africa, to name but one example...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Marselus wrote
    That's the funny thing. They'va based their campaign on repeating the words 'unemployment', 'crysis' and, again, 'unemployment'. Not a single proposal.

Hmmm...so basically it seems the current government is being "punished" for being in charge when the crisis hit hardest. slant
    Unfair, but to be expected, I guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Our football team the Chargers haven't done very well this year.
    tom
    listen to more classical music!
  2. It's an NFL team, right?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    Marselus wrote
    That's the funny thing. They'va based their campaign on repeating the words 'unemployment', 'crysis' and, again, 'unemployment'. Not a single proposal.

Hmmm...so basically it seems the current government is being "punished" for being in charge when the crisis hit hardest. slant
    Unfair, but to be expected, I guess.

That's it. Pretty simple actually.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2011
    PawelStroinski wrote
    It's an NFL team, right?

Yes
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Too much Black Friday press!!! There are people in tents camping out to get the deals from the big box stores.
    Tom
  3. sdtom wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    It's an NFL team, right?

Yes

I haven't seen the Chargers, but yesterday I watched Miami-Dallas game. Once I actually started to somehow get the rules (I don't really understand what a "conversion" is, is it getting a first down?), I started to like it.

I still don't get baseball though. I tried. Can I say "some sport I don't understand?" smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The team that has the ball has 4 downs to make 10 yards. Once they do it is a conversion or first down again. If they don't make it they have to give the ball up to the other team.
    Tom
  4. Ah, so getting a first down is a conversion, great to properly know.
  5. Thomas, what are all those comments that are cluttering up my Facebook feed in Tweetdeck? Are you playing some sort of Facebook-based game?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2011
    lost a filling and the tooth hurts.
  6. At the moment?

It's almost 2.00 am and I'm just getting into listening to some great tracks: Zimmer's "Woad To Ruin" and now Beltrami's take on Fiedel's Terminator theme!! And I need to get to bed.

I am hoping for something less awesome so I can now go to bed...

...Oh, for goodness sake! Silvestri's "Transylvanian Horses"!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2011
    biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt