• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2013
    Southall wrote
    Chocolate Orange please.

Possibly the best orange ever.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    A continuing conversation on a film music forum about Shower heads, drains, sinks......

WTF spin

Come on Timmer, this is MT after all. If a forum could be diagnosed with ADHD, this one would be taking ritalin by now.

Peter dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I know I know but still....... dizzy cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. plindboe wrote
    Timmer wrote
    A continuing conversation on a film music forum about Shower heads, drains, sinks......

WTF spin

Come on Timmer, this is MT after all. If a forum could be diagnosed with ADHD, this one would be taking ritalin by now.

Peter dizzy

And thus beeing hallucinating ... oohhh ... shocked

Volker spin
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Even though you're all rather off topic, I should have mentioned earlier that James Newton Howard will score the sequel to The Hunger Games. Can somebody remind me of its title?

But go on!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    To go back on topic in this off topic discussion: I never wash my hair in sinks! I use the shower. Or sometimes the bath for a quick hair spray thing with the sprayer (?). I also don't wash my hair everyday because that is not healthy for my hair.
    Kazoo
  2. Timmer wrote
    Even more orange than orange that's orange beyond orangeness?

But oranges are not orange.

They are green.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/qi/8 … range.html
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2013
    I learn something new every day cool
  3. So I go out to walk. I'm far from my car. It starts raining, even though weather.com was not showing any rain until seven tonight. Here it is a few hours before. So the sky looks spotty, so I figure I'll just keep walking (further away) and that it'll clear up in a few minutes, since it was light.

It starts pouring. Now I'm over five minutes away from the car. Damn, the rain feels harder than usual. Turns out it was rain and mini hail! Yes, pieces of ice here in the Florida panhandle, when it's 78 degrees outside (must be coming from high up in the atmosphere), bigger than BB gun balls.

I make it back to my car, soaked -- it's in my shoes, too.

The rain is so thick I can't go over 20 MPH. Like a bad cartoon, turns out it was raining pretty much just in the radius of where I was, so once out, it's sunny, and barely sprinkling.

So, I'm heading back, and there's a long freakin' train blocking the way, with no way around without going far out of the way, so I figured it's time to pay my cellphone bill, since I've been letting it slip 15 days every time, since I can't afford any longer to renew on time any more. In fact, I'll be eventually dropping any phone service whatsoever soon, so I go in, pay the bill, the store is re-designed -- it now features a more cramped area, with fewer cahsiers and no chairs to sit in since it's always a long wait. Okay, whatever, at least I won't have to deal with the train and I had to do this anyway, since after 15 days the company locks the account and you have to contact customer service to get it unlocked.

So, I get out, get back onto the raod. Train's gone. But just as I get up to the red light, a funeral procession starts, so now I'm stuck again.

As crummy as that sounds, that's not comparitively as bad as other clusterfucks I've dealt with.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2013
    Good for you, that you get to experience some REAL weather.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. You know, all weather, is real weather. And hail? That's nothing -- I've been through a major hurricance.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2013
    justin boggan wrote
    You know, all weather, is real weather. And hail? That's nothing -- I've been through a major hurriance.

Be careful with the hurriance....you know what they say, haste makes waste!
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Brush fires are annoying me currently.

There's a 7,000-acre fire burning in the hills about 5-6 miles from my house, in the Newbury Park area between where I live, in Thousand Oaks, and the next town over, Camarillo. Fortunately it's heading away from where I live, south towards Malibu and the Pacific coast, but it's still pretty scary. I could see and smell the smoke from outside my apartment building as I left for work this morning.

Brush fires are (fairly) common around here, but this one seems larger than usual, and apparently this area hasn't caught fire since 1992.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/05/ … camarillo/
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2013
    Hope it can be controlled soon Jon, all the best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2013
    Brilliant spring weather in Oslo today -- almost summer at 16 C -- but I have to sit inside and read/write on my exams. Annoying.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2013
    Google has started to make all kinds of sites over-secure with "https://" -- including Youtube. That means I can't embed videos. Anyone else experience this? How do I change the settings for that?
    I am extremely serious.
  6. This is annoying me:

http://news.yahoo.com/another-blow-nint … 06965.html

I don't like EA games and usually don't buy them, but they are a huge influence in the video game community and I'm worried it will snowball with other developers leaving Nintendo. I have a WiiU and it's an amazing system! The touchpad controller is not a gimmick and the possibilities are endless for it's use.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2013
    Thor wrote
    Google has started to make all kinds of sites over-secure with "https://" -- including Youtube. That means I can't embed videos. Anyone else experience this? How do I change the settings for that?

Why can't you embed that?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Thor wrote

Why can't you embed that?

I don't know. Just can't.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Have you tried simply to leave out the "s"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    francis wrote
    Have you tried simply to leave out the "s"?
    `

I have.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Google has found out all about you and has banned you accordingly.

biggrin devil

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2013
    Bregt wrote
    Even though you're all rather off topic, I should have mentioned earlier that James Newton Howard will score the sequel to The Hunger Games. Can somebody remind me of its title?

Catching Fire.

But go on!

Continuing with the theme of plumbing, my periodically malfunctioning toilet cistern continues to mock me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2013
    I've been having a rough go of it with my left hand and leg lately. It is going through periods of time when I can't as an example make a fist with the hand and the leg has begun to lose even more feeling. The doctor doesn't have a solution other than rest and stay off the leg. The lack of hand movement seems to go along with the leg, thus I've not been as active as I would like to.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  8. My attention to detail.

I am wanting to add all my tracks to iTunes (and not just my favourite tracks) and I have come across masses of tagging and artwork issues for older titles that I have.

I can't just ignore them now that I know that they are there!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. A minor quibble, but still irking me.

I have two potentially very relevant ideas for my PhD... and nobody to discuss it with biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2013 edited
    Not 'annoying', perhaps, but slightly peculiar. Greatest anti-climax ever as I posted this thread at FSM about how enthusiastic I was about all the film music events happening around the world:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

...and then just get an indifferent shrug in return; basically the sound of this.

That was a bit embarassing. shame
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2013
    :shrug:

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    I took pity on your thread Thor, hence my posting in it. wink