• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2013
    People who fart on public transport.

Peter slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2013
    That IS annoying. I would extend it to include all kinds of foul BO in public settings.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2013
    Indeed. The worst thing is when you can't get away, like in a supermarket queue, or an enclosed space like a bus where the fart takes forever to dissipate. Another thing that annoys me is when the fart in question is quiet but really smelly, so everyone becomes a fart suspect. If I'm innocent of something, I hate people looking at me thinking "I bet he's the one".

Peter slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2013
    plindboe wrote
    Indeed. The worst thing is when you can't get away, like in a supermarket queue, or an enclosed space like a bus where the fart takes forever to dissipate. Another thing that annoys me is when the fart in question is quiet but really smelly, so everyone becomes a fart suspect. If I'm innocent of something, I hate people looking at me thinking "I bet he's the one".

Peter slant

This happened to me while I was browsing magazines in a store and it was four very pretty young girls around me browsing magazines too and no one else in a near vicinity around, I could smell a terrible stink and I could see from the corners of my eyes that I was being viewed as the suspect by the three ( and probably the culprit too so as to look "innocent" amongst her friends ) who hadn't released the deadly gas.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2013 edited
    Oh man, another piece of evidence showing us just how tragically unfair this world can be sometimes.

Peter biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    The bells! The bells!

Living next to a church annoys me! It seems like such a nice place with lots of community events, but that noise pollution just drives me nuts. At 8, 12, 15 and 18, for three minutes each time it just rings so loudly and repetitively that I have to stop watching movies or listen to music. After that, it slowly fades away, but it keeps insisting on ringing a bit more at random, just to rub more salt in the wound. At other times (8:30 and 17) it rings some tune, but it's always some unrecognizable tune without an obvious melody that sounds completely random.

It's funny how religions always crave attention. They've all evolved these various traditions that are basically the equivalent of running around screaming "Look at me! Look at me!". I'm fine with it when it doesn't intrude on my life, but often that's not the case.

Peter crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2013
    I bet the appointment for the viewing of the house / appartment back then was not at 8, 12, 15 or 18h. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I wonder if permanent damage to the nerves or vascular system in the legs will become a modern ailment now that we all take our smartphone or tablet with us to the bathroom and sit there until our legs are asleep.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Bregje wrote
    I wonder if permanent damage to the nerves or vascular system in the legs will become a modern ailment now that we all take our smartphone or tablet with us to the bathroom and sit there until our legs are asleep.

What do you mean with "legs are asleep"?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    My f"#¤%"#ng neighbour downstairs annoys me like there's no tomorrow. Last night, he kept slamming doors and rumbling about untill 4 in the morning. Subsequently, I didn't fall asleep untill about 5 and got about 4 hours sleep. I went down and knocked on the door a few times at about 2:30, but he didn't open (even though I clearly heard him rumbling about in there).

It's the same neighbour who contantly plays loud and incredibly bad music over and over again.

I have no problem with him staying up all night if he likes, but I would prefer it if I'm not "forced" to follow his cycle.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Bregt:
    "Legs being asleep" is a German idiom meaning, that you've got "pins and needles in your foot".

plinboe:
    The church in my village rings every quater of an hour (one for the first quater, two for the scond ...) and it goes into full blast every full hour 24 hours a day. Good thing is, I don't live next to the church but about 150 m away.

What is annoying me:
    Dutch drivers on a German autobahn. The notion of having no speed-limit seems to overhelm them. At least some of them drive like crazy. I had such an encounter this morning. Lucky to still be alive! crazy

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    edit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    My f"#¤%"#ng neighbour downstairs annoys me like there's no tomorrow. Last night, he kept slamming doors and rumbling about untill 4 in the morning. Subsequently, I didn't fall asleep untill about 5 and got about 4 hours sleep. I went down and knocked on the door a few times at about 2:30, but he didn't open (even though I clearly heard him rumbling about in there).

It's the same neighbour who contantly plays loud and incredibly bad music over and over again.

I have no problem with him staying up all night if he likes, but I would prefer it if I'm not "forced" to follow his cycle.

Thor, If he's not answering the door perhaps you could try writing him a polite letter? If that doesn't work, keep a diary noting dates and times of all disturbances and complain to your local authority.

If all that fails go around his place and saw his fooking neck off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Thor, If he's not answering the door perhaps you could try writing him a polite letter? If that doesn't work, keep a diary noting dates and times of all disturbances and complain to your local authority.

If all that fails go around his place and saw his fooking neck off.

He, he....I'm tempted.

Yeah, I'm gonna stick a letter in his mailbox if he doesn't open the door, and then if that doesn't help either, I'll be contacting the landlord. And if THAT doesn't help either, I'll just have to find a new place to live. Disturbances and aggravating noises outside my control are one of my alltime worst annoyances.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote

Omigod. shame
    Flashes of recognition...

Captain Future wrote
    What is annoying me:
    Dutch drivers on a German autobahn. The notion of having no speed-limit seems to overhelm them. At least some of them drive like crazy. I had such an encounter this morning. Lucky to still be alive! crazy

We's gonna GET you, mein Kapitän!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Martijn wrote

Captain Future wrote
    What is annoying me:

We's gonna GET you, mein Kapitän!

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2013
    Bregje wrote
    I bet the appointment for the viewing of the house / appartment back then was not at 8, 12, 15 or 18h. wink

Hehe, indeed.

Peter wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I wonder if I'm the most annoyed person on this forum, because I'm already annoyed again...

I'm trying to buy an ipad 4, but apparently this product is so obscure that no stores seem to have it. It's either that, or they just don't want to earn money by selling it to people. Surely shops should fall over each other to sell me a product I'm willing to pay 4000 kroners for...? Apparently not. Either they don't have it, and it will take a week or more to import, or they don't pick up their phones, or they don't have phone numbers so I can call and ask them, or their contact information is confusing, or the contact forms on their websites don't work, or they have misleading information on their websites. They certainly do their very best not to sell me an ipad.

I sometimes think that if someone founded an electronics store in Denmark that actually has the products they're supposed to sell and some good customer support that it would wipe out all the competitors in a few weeks. Perhaps I should patent this idea.

Anyway, the reason that I need the ipad now is because I'm going to England on tuesday. Can't order it online, as it might arrive after I've left. It seems to be more expensive to get there, so would be nice if I could find a danish shop that has it before I'm going.

Peter crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What's the iPad 4? Is that the "retina" or the "mini"?
    As probably intended, Apple's naming conventions have got me thoroughly confused. Not to mention annoyed. crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSarah
    Talking of Retina. Been waiting for almost 2 months for them to release the new Macbook pro with retina. Bloody rumours not allowing me to buy it till the new ones out crazy
    "Class is having lunch with the homeless and dinner with the Queen."
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Ipad 4 is the retina one. The ipad mini doesn't have retina display. As I understand it, ipad mini is more like a small ipad 2. They've stopped producing ipad 3, and perhaps that's why they don't want to call the new one ipad 4, because they want to avoid the uncomfortable question "there's an ipad 2 and an ipad 4, so where's the ipad 3?". Silly buggers.

Anyway, fun fact: I hate Macs with a vengeance, and I worship ipads. No one can explain this.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sarah wrote
    Been waiting for almost 2 months for them to release the new Macbook pro with retina.

Why?
    Seriously?
    What's the added benefit for you?
    (Honestly curious).

plindboe wrote
    I worship ipads.

Meh. I think they're excellent for reading comics, but that's pretty much it.
    I HATE the fact that I can't add storage space (without pretty much a degree of technology from MIT).
    As soon as Samsung is truly up to speed with Android pads (with some proper internal storage space...yes, I know it can be relatively easily extended, but I'd like to start out from a proper basis) I'm jumping the Apple cart.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I haven't tried other tablets, but one reason that I'm choosing ipad is because of the huge app store. My hope is that one day there will be a good app that can record and identify bird sounds, and I think it will likely appear within long in the Apple app store. The selection of apps for other tablets I hear should range from pitiful to so-so.

There's also a lot of accessory equipment for ipads, so if I want a physical keyboard for instance it will probably be easier to find one I like if I have an ipad.

I also like the whole look and feel of ipads, and since the gf has an ipad, it will be nice to have the same equipment so I can easier help her out. And that the battery lasts 10 hours is pretty amazing. It's cool that I can sit and watch movies when I'm out travelling without worrying about the battery.

Peter smile
  3. plindboe wrote
    I haven't tried other tablets, but one reason that I'm choosing ipad is because of the huge app store. My hope is that one day there will be a good app that can record and identify bird sounds, and I think it will likely appear within long in the Apple app store. The selection of apps for other tablets I hear should range from pitiful to so-so.

There's also a lot of accessory equipment for ipads, so if I want a physical keyboard for instance it will probably be easier to find one I like if I have an ipad.

I also like the whole look and feel of ipads, and since the gf has an ipad, it will be nice to have the same equipment so I can easier help her out. And that the battery lasts 10 hours is pretty amazing. It's cool that I can sit and watch movies when I'm out travelling without worrying about the battery.

Peter smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNc8nCXWh3Q

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSarah
    Martijn wrote
    Sarah wrote
    Been waiting for almost 2 months for them to release the new Macbook pro with retina.

Why?
    Seriously?
    What's the added benefit for you?
    (Honestly curious).

So the old retinas will appear in refurbished cheaper ;P
    "Class is having lunch with the homeless and dinner with the Queen."
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Aaaaaah!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You'll get more bang for your buck once they release the new ones. There's no point in forking out that much money for a laptop that's been out for a while. Never buy a Mac at the end of its life cycle!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Don't listen to him! Do it! Do it! Do it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    plindboe wrote
    Ipad 4 is the retina one. The ipad mini doesn't have retina display. As I understand it, ipad mini is more like a small ipad 2. They've stopped producing ipad 3, and perhaps that's why they don't want to call the new one ipad 4, because they want to avoid the uncomfortable question "there's an ipad 2 and an ipad 4, so where's the ipad 3?". Silly buggers.

Anyway, fun fact: I hate Macs with a vengeance, and I worship ipads. No one can explain this.

Peter smile

The retina iPad is the third one surely? uhm The iPad mini is technically the fourth.