• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSarah
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2013
    I ride a motorbike, i suggest always wearing a helmet. The law also suggest it wink
    "Class is having lunch with the homeless and dinner with the Queen."
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2013
    The best safety precaution is wearing dirty underpants, because you don't want to end up in the hospital with dirty underpants, as comedian Theo Maassen said. Or was it Ronald Goedemond?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2013
    Why are disposable razors in England so incredibly dull that they can't even be used to shave with? They just pull the hairs and it hurts like hell. I realize they are called "disposable" for a reason, but surely one should be able to use them a few times before they have to be disposed of. In Denmark, razors can actually be used for shaving.

Peter :sigh:
  1. The Danish are brilliant people. Not only can their razors acutally be used for shaving, they also invented Lego!

love
    Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2013 edited
    Mark I've just read about your accident! How are you doing?
    Boy it brought up memories. My parents had a motorbike accident a few months ago and they both got hurt even though the were wearing helmets, but it would have been much worse if they hadn't.
    Get well soon! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2013
    Thank you, Stavroula smile

I'm doing far better, and can finally get back to work. Working on a couple new scenes for a film and practising for a recital next week, and I feel good - perhaps even better than before, with a fresh sense of vitality to everything I do. Life is fun when you really get to feel the perspective I've been feeling the last week and a half. Of course there is discomfort and pain in my mouth due to the damages to my teeth and swelling on my lips, and I can only eat things like soup, ice cream, or baby food. But otherwise I feel good!

Tomorrow it's back to the hospital, and I might find out whether or not the skin transplantation is working or if I need a more complicated treatment. Have no idea how I look beneath the bandage, hope I won't end up looking frightful but guess it should be ok somehow. I also might find out if my front teeth will survive or if they have to be replaced with implants. Either way, I don't mind a few scars. I have my health.

Still no memory of anything that happened that evening. One moment I was getting ready to leave the farm where my girlfriend's family live. I remember I waved goodbye to her mother through the window where I could see they were all watching tv. The next thing I recall is a doctor beside me and he has two tattoos on his arm. The years 2009 and 2012, with the name of a boy and a girl. I pointed at them and he replied: "kids". I pointed again, and he said: "yes, my kids". Then I gave him the thumbs up and nodded in approval and remember him smiling. That's it untill the next morning, and it bothers me a little that I remember nothing.

About motorbikes, my dad broke his arm in London after being hit by a car, and he later sold the bike and told me never to get one!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2013
    An interesting article on BBC's The One Show looking into the history of those 1970's Top of The Pops albums scrapped mid-broadcast for a Royal baby up-date rolleyes slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2013
    This is funny, though. biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2013
    I can't find the most recent topic on the movie Man of Steel. Either there isn't one or it has a stupid topic title. Since I know there is one, I know the title must be stupid that's why I can't find it.
    slant

Anyway, nothing important. Just saw the first comic con interviews with Henry Cavill appear on YouTube. You know, when I first saw him months ago I thought he had a really cute face. Then I heard him talk and I thought, crap he's British, that's perfect. Then I watched some interviews with him and I thought, dammit, he's also very professional, polite and humble. He is a wonderful man.

End of rant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Bregje wrote
    I can't find the most recent topic on the movie Man of Steel. Either there isn't one or it has a stupid topic title. Since I know there is one, I know the title must be stupid that's why I can't find it.
    slant

Sorry, that was my fault... shame

Here's the thread (and I updated its title)
    http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … s-threads/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Sorry Bregt, I was not really that annoyed wink.
    Just a little.

Of course... the man who steals... I should have remembered that. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2013
    Got Lyme disease. Was in the forest a couple of months ago and got bitten by a tick. Thought I had removed them all, but apparently not.

There's plenty of information telling people to look for ticks when they come home from the forest, but I've never before heard that these ticks can be so tiny that you can barely see them with the naked eye! *sigh*

I was also alone at the time. You really need a partner or another person you don't mind taking your clothes off in front of to help you check, as every inch of you have to be checked.

Anyway, the first symptom is usually this circular red rash. That's what I got on my back. Then there's some muscle soreness and I had some influenza like symptoms a couple of weeks back. The prognosis should be good for a full recovery after a few weeks of antibiotics. Some people have muscle soreness and joint pain for years after treatment though, so I hope mine has been caught early enough to avoid that.

Peter
  2. These creatures are a plague! I Hope you recover soon!

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ooooh nasty! Did you get it here in the UK or at home?

Certain natural beauty areas have warning signs up.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ouch! Nasty stuff. Animals inside you. shocked

Hope all will be like you say.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2013
    Oh Peter sad , I hope you will recover fully!

There are many warnings yes. But what can you don if you can hardly see them? In may my son went camping with school, it was very warm and sunny. They went swimming but were not allowed to sit in the shade under the trees because ticks were falling down. So he got an awful sunburn with a rash instead... When he came home I checked him thoroughly for ticks as well.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2013 edited
    GOMEZ

Moulting everywhere!!!!!

In the sunlight piercing the windows you can see cat hairs floating everywhere after he's just had a good scratch.

slant cat slant

minor, I know but it gets in everything, Including this screen and keyboard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2013
    Thanks, Volker, Timmer, Bregt and Bregje!

Timmer, I got it in Denmark. I hear it's rather widespread in England too; it seems to vary a lot from area to area.

Bregje, indeed, they can be difficult to find, especially if you're trying to check them on your own.

Anyway, annoying that the teachers would rather risk the kids catching skin cancer than Lyme disease! I don't think ticks fall from trees though. The teachers might have mistaken small spiders for ticks...? Ticks sit in bushes and other low vegetation and wait for deer to come by as far as I understand. I also don't believe they are around swimming pools, as they exist naturally around deer, so one has to be a bit out in the wild.

Peter smile
  3. That's right. Being a teacher I would rather recommend not to wear shorts and short-sleeved shirts when roaming the underwoods.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2013 edited
    Sorry to hear that, Peter. Hope you get well soon. There are loads of ticks along the coast of Southern Norway, where I've been roaming about lately. I've never been bitten myself (knock on wood!), but I saw one on my dinner plate(!) at our family island a week ago. Don't know how it got there. Thank God I didn't eat it!

Ticks usually sit at the tip of straws and stuff, as you say, and jump on to unsuspecting victims passing by.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    plindboe wrote
    Anyway, annoying that the teachers would rather risk the kids catching skin cancer than Lyme disease! I don't think ticks fall from trees though. The teachers might have mistaken small spiders for ticks...? Ticks sit in bushes and other low vegetation and wait for deer to come by as far as I understand. I also don't believe they are around swimming pools, as they exist naturally around deer, so one has to be a bit out in the wild.

Peter smile

Hm, interesting. I think the chance for Lyme disease in a tick zone is much bigger than getting skin cancer from one sunburn. I thought I had read that 1 out of 3 ticks carry the Lyme-causing thing (is it a virus?). Anyway, they had to bring socks and boots to camp, even with 26C because when they had activities outside they had to wear long trousers in socks/boots. So there was a tick policy, so to speak. But of course, with the swimming activity they were not wearing socks and boots.
    wink

It was at a lake by the way, so a nature erea with trees. Ticks can't fall out of trees as well? I thought wearing caps or hats was recommended too and that the brochures say not to forget to check the skin under your hair.

Anyway, these ticks and their risk really take away a lot of the fun of spending time outside. I'm not an outside person at all and now even less. And it's even worse when you get one and get Lyme too. I'm really sorry Peter!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    No, I've never heard about ticks falling out of trees. Certainly not common, anyway.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Leeches fall out of trees freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Leeches come from everywhere and especially from out of nowhere!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2013
    What's annoying me?! The fact that it is summer and I'm tied up in the office!The fact that I had to do the paperwork for five of my collegues being fired. That I don't know if I'm going to have a job come September! slant slant slant
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  4. Shit! What else is there to say?

All the best, regardless, Stavroula!

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2013 edited
    Stavroula wrote
    What's annoying me?! The fact that it is summer and I'm tied up in the office!The fact that I had to do the paperwork for five of my collegues being fired. That I don't know if I'm going to have a job come September! slant slant slant

What a rotten situation.

Will a hug from afar do? hug

not much admittedly but there's not much any of us can do except wish you the very best.
  5. Yeah, I hate that too.

But I can give you a hug as well hug
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That sucks Stavi. Keep us updated! hug
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Thanks for the support guys! Just to get an idea of what's happening