• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2017
    I'm here to help you on the classical music. I find myself listening to a lot of it. Far deeper than movie material.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2017
    What's annoying me currently is that I'm so congested that I wonder if there's a limit to how much mucus can fill up a single person's nose.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
  1. Buy tissues. And get well soon. smile
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2017
    I'm still suffering with low pulse (41) and this allows me no energy
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    sdtom wrote
    I'm still suffering with low pulse (41) and this allows me no energy

Wow, that sounds awful sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Today was worse it was 71-49 with a pulse of 39. Jumps all over the map. They have been trying to stabilize this for a year without success. It can be too high or to low and there are days when it is okay.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2017
    I'm sick and tired of my doctors making my life miserable. They have dinked around with me for a year now and all that has happened is I've been in the hospital 4 times, accumulated $10,000 in bills that i can't pay and I'm not getting much better because they made mistakes. This year all started because my ankles were swollen because of the wrong blood pressure medication so the doctor prescribed a water pill to reduce the swelling which it did but also depleted me of potassium which put me in the hospital. Why didn't he just recommended a supplement of potassium to me which would have eliminated the problem. The list goes on and on. angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2017 edited
    I can sympathize, Tom. I've been in and out of the health system myself since 2010(!), and I just keep getting worse and worse. To our benefit, we have a slightly better healthcare system than you in a purely financial sense. Once we've paid an own deductible limit of some $320 pr. year, all healthcare is free the remainder of the year (except for private institutions). $10.000 sounds insane. I hope you have a good insurance and that you're able to pay for this stuff in some form or fashion.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2017
    I feel better today because my pulse has crept up to 50, normal being 60 to 70 so it is still low. Our medicare won't authorize a pacemaker for me because I'm not bad enough confused so I'm going through endless changes with the medications. I'm sure you understand only too well Thor. Come to Minnesota some day and we'll have a good time my friend!!!
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2017
    sdtom wrote
    I feel better today because my pulse has crept up to 50, normal being 60 to 70 so it is still low. Our medicare won't authorize a pacemaker for me because I'm not bad enough confused so I'm going through endless changes with the medications. I'm sure you understand only too well Thor. Come to Minnesota some day and we'll have a good time my friend!!!
    Tom smile

My mother lived in Minnesota most her life! She told me about this commercial set to the tune of Ride of the Valkyries, singing, WELCOME TO WINTER, IN MINNESOTA, HERE IS YOUR FUEL BILL, HA HA HA HA!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2017
    Minnesota is a wonderful place to live but we do have our strange ones from time to time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2017
    Just doing okay today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2017
    at least you don't have any hurricanes to worry about in Minnesota smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2017
    our weather right now is to die for. 60's during the day and cool crisp sleeping weather at night for sleeping. Of course we know the snow is coming, yikes
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2017
    The right wing is once again winning the election in Norway at the moment. FUCK!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2017 edited
    The right is really experiencing a resurgence worldwide.

as a conservative, I can't say I'm ecstatic though, because so much of these so called 'conservatives' resort to exactly the same identity-politics thinking they criticize on the left, and have confused being politically incorrect with being jerks. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2017
    Indeed. That is plaguing Norway as well -- especially the party at the farthest right (Fremskrittpartiet aka The Progress Party -- talk about an oxymoron!) which will now be part of government for yet another 4 years. We've had a socalled 'immigration and integration minister' from this party that over the last year has had some remarks that send associations to Trump. Although not QUITE as crazy, obviously.

Although we are on opposite sides of the political spectrum, Aidabaida, I'm glad we can at the very least agree on the hideous rhetoric on display in many of these cases.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. OK, could someone explain me what identity politics is exactly?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    PawelStroinski wrote
    OK, could someone explain me what identity politics is exactly?

voting based off your identity (black, white, gay, etc.), rather than thinking about what you believe. Voting democrat only because you are black. Voting republican only because you are white. Etc.

The negative effects? Not considering actual policies. People calling black conservatives like Larry Elder, "sellouts" and "Uncle Toms". Black economist Thomas Sowell argues that unyielding progressive loyalty amongst the black community has devastated that community, particularly in cities like Chicago where the black community always votes progressive and never sees significant positive change.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    J.J. Abrams signed as writer on Star Wars 9 is annoying me currently
  3. Wasn't he on board all along?
  4. Typical safe move in the wake of Trevorrow's firing, not surprising at all really. I'm fine with him writing as long as he's not in charge of story too much.
  5. He has actually been hired to write and direct. shocked Here comes the Return of the Jedi reboot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    yikes
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2017
    continuing the above conversation about awful political rhetoric...

Hillary Clinton's book claims there is no absolution (?!) for voters who didn't vote for her... and that Orwell's 1984 is about how we should trust authority... seriously. She says 1984 is about how people attempt to sow distrust for the media and the government and 'authority figures'...

I think she may be hurting her own side now.
  6. You can debate that electoral college system, but the American constitution is for the Americans to decide. Trump has come into office legitimately. Like it or not, Hillary Clinton needs to come to term with this. Her current antics lead to the depressing idea that she might actually try and run again. slant Both great parties seem to be in a terrible state.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Captain Future wrote
    You can debate that electoral college system, but the American constitution is for the Americans to decide. Trump has come into office legitimately. Like it or not, Hillary Clinton needs to come to term with this. Her current antics lead to the depressing idea that she might actually try and run again. slant Both great parties seem to be in a terrible state.

Volker

In a democracy, someone who fails to get elected to office can always console himself with the thought that there was something not quite fair about it.

- Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War
  7. She said she's "done with being a candidate".
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've always liked Hillary, but I hope the Democrats decide on another, charismatic leader to topple that idiot in office now. God, still 3 years to go....
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He will not last 3 years.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt