• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2017
    pneumonia is nasty stuff. was in the hospital for a week. oxygen for three months, yuk
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Oh, sorry to hear it, Tom! I'm glad you're out of the hospital. Get well soon!
  2. Nasty stuff, and serious too. Hope that you are on the road to recovery.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2017
    still on anti-biotics and oxygen. The road will be slow.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2017 edited
    So my chronic tinnitus has DOUBLED in the last five days. I'm worried it's connected to something I did on Friday (I was at a very LOUD disco-type place), but hoping -- as of now -- that the doubling is only temporary, and that it reverts back to "normal" annoyance level soon. If not, I'll go absolutely mad. Especially when combined with all the other health issues I have. I think these may be "my last days", as it were.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorlitefoot
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2017
    FSM collapsing again and again... that's what annoys me!

Just won't load atm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    litefoot wrote
    FSM collapsing again and again... that's what annoys me!

Just won't load atm.

It's been like that for at least 10 years now, if not more. It's about as predictable as the sun rising tomorrow. I've said to Lukas in a recent thread that we could easily arrange a 'donation' thread where people donate to his Paypal account (he's said money is the obstacle for doing anything about these problems), but so far he has not responded to that. Perhaps I need to shoot him an e-mail, just to make it less public. But he hates me, so it would perhaps be more fruitful if others did it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorlitefoot
    But he hates me, so it would perhaps be more fruitful if others did it.

Surely he doesn't hate you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he...no, not really. I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek. But we had some violent e-mail exchanges some years ago.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorlitefoot
    Thor wrote
    He, he...no, not really. I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek. But we had some violent e-mail exchanges some years ago.

I can't imagine him having an argument, he's always seemed so calm on FSM! Was it about albums vs complete soundtracks?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    litefoot wrote
    I can't imagine him having an argument, he's always seemed so calm on FSM! Was it about albums vs complete soundtracks?

Yup. I think it was the debacle following my critical opinion of Basil Poledouris' 3CD release of BREAKDOWN.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Thor wrote
    litefoot wrote

Yup. I think it was the debacle following my critical opinion of Basil Poledouris' 3CD release of BREAKDOWN.

That’s... ironic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Thor wrote
    I think these may be "my last days", as it were.

Could you be a bit more specific on what you meant there, Thor?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BobdH wrote
    Thor wrote
    litefoot wrote

That’s... ironic.

Ha, ha....indeed.

BobdH wrote
    Thor wrote
    I think these may be "my last days", as it were.

Could you be a bit more specific on what you meant there, Thor?

I'd rather not, but thanks for asking. Not to be unnecessarily "foggy", but it's no secret (anymore) that I'm struggling with depression (see the "Lee has disappeared" thread or whatever it was called). I'm keeping head above water, as of now.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. I hope you have professional help to turn to. Did you think about those in-ear devices that can mute certain tinnitus frequencies with counter waves?

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    I hope you have professional help to turn to. Did you think about those in-ear devices that can mute certain tinnitus frequencies with counter waves?

Volker

I have a sound pillow, yes. There is presently no device that can 'mute' tinnitus frequencies of my kind. Only devices that can produce counter sounds, which is very variable in efficiency. The sound is not produced by the ear, but the brain. And yes, I also have professional help for a number of the other issues.

Enjoy the music while you can, folks! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Thor wrote
    And yes, I also have professional help for a number of the other issues.

Do you openly talk with this professional about what you’re hinting at here, Thor? If not, I’m urging you to do so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I am, yes.

I regret mentioning it here, but I've had a few beers.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Thor wrote
    I am, yes.

I regret mentioning it here, but I've had a few beers.

Don’t regret it. There’s no shame in it. It’s a lot more important that you learn to openly talk about this, not just with professionals. And also when you’re sober.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Serious stuff.

All power to you Thor and if you feel like talking we're here.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Indeed we are. I had a pretty bad phase during my academic education, so I know a bit of what you are going through, Thor. Of course every case is different. But I know that what Bob said is of great importance.

By the way, I sometimes thought if we score lovers are a bit inclined to such ailments, you know, a disposition for nostalgia, melancholia and stuff.

I myself will be off to the North Sea on Sunday (Sylt again, Germany's most northern island) for a week of walking on the beach in the westerly. That always sorts me out.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thank you for your consideration. I'd rather not talk about it in public, and it's pretty amazing I can say that now -- after 8 beers. But it says something about the change that's happened in the last couple of years. There are no more "drunken-Thor-posts-after-returning-from-a-night-out" posts, and there's a reason for that.

Have a brilliant trip to Sylt, Volker!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Virtual hug Thor hug

Take care buddy.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Thor wrote
    There are no more "drunken-Thor-posts-after-returning-from-a-night-out" posts, and there's a reason for that.

I’m hoping the reason is, because you don’t return drunk from nights out anymore, but the 8 (!) beers you mention seem to suggest otherwise. That’s a shocking amount. I understand there’s a need for escapism and relieve, but I have felt as though we were passively watching with every post of drunkenness, hangovers and parties, you were getting yourself deeper into a downward spiral, especially over that last couple of years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    BobdH wrote
    That’s a shocking amount.

It is really not. smile
    I wouldn't even get slightly inebriated from that.
    (With a little proviso as to the brand and strength of the beer).

Although my bladder and I would be friends no longer.

That however and as it may be, you seem to have the right people in place for whatever is needed at any given time, Thor. I wish there was any way I could contribute or help, but I'm realistic enough to know that I cannot.
    Your physical woes are beyond my ken...I can only merely start to imagine what you are going through (and I'm sure it doesn't even vaguely do it justice).
    It sucks.
    It's utterly fucked up.
    You don't deserve it. No one does.
    But that is just not how the universe operates.

So I can only join Timmer in a virtual hug.
    We like and love ya, mate. Even if we have strange ways of showing it. But then you're equally strange (and indeed even much more so, and I feel I am greatly qualified to pass judgment over anyone), so that makes it all alright.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. There always was a certain hedonistic recklessness in Thor's undertakings, but no one can be the judge in this but he himself. Since I myself seldom take in more than a bottle of beer, 8 of them would probably kill me. shocked I'm not used to it. As a matter of fact I never cared much for alcohol. I gorge on unhealthy food, not drink. lick

Volker
    • CommentAuthorlitefoot
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2017
    Get well soon Thor!

Meanwhile, I just logged on FSM to find the board has been taken over by Mr (select convert(int,CHAR(65)))

I've gone back six pages in search of genuine threads but still no sign. My mood darkens.

sad
  6. That's a server issue.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    litefoot wrote

you're an asshole Thor. i mean who doesn't need 3cd's of basil poledouris breakdown in his life? wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorlitefoot
    PawelStroinski wrote
    That's a server issue.

One hell of a server issue! FSM needs a European administrator to fix these issues when the US is asleep.