• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008
    Scribe wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Scribe wrote
    I just read Clemmenson's review of Prince Caspian. He actually LIKED it. He gave it 4 stars, as much as he gave Indy IV!

The world is a very strange place sometimes shocked

Huh?! What?! shocked confused LOL biggrin

I'm not saying it's not worth liking, I'm just saying I never EVER thought The Ultimate Original Zimmer-Basher would like it.

Oh, ok. LOL biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HGW is a guest on Elaine Page's show on BBC Radio 2......RIGHT NOW!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Listening...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    HGW is a guest on Elaine Page's show on BBC Radio 2......RIGHT NOW!

A short interview but some intertesting selections.

HGW chose Gabriel Yared's theme from Betty Blue which I absolutely love, plus a track from The Lion King, Oliver ( he's a massive fan of the musical ) and "I wanna be like you" from The Jungle Book ( it don't come cooler than that cool )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Which track from Lion King? cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Which track from Lion King? cheesy

I'm not that familiar with it, big John Barry style horns, joyous chorus etc .....Maybe Lee knows?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Nah, sorry I must have missed that bit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Got it, it's either This Land or King Of Pride Rock. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote

Ravi, I would think you could listen to this show on the BBC website?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I tried but it's not opening... tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    I tried but it's not opening... tongue

Damn! Try again later?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yeh I will! wink biggrin
  1. Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Ravi, I would think you could listen to this show on the BBC website?

I'm not sure that anyone outside the UK can access any of the BBC's media content.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm not sure that anyone outside the UK can access any of the BBC's media content.

Maybe that would explain why I was unable to open it even after my 10th try while the rest of the websites were going normally... tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2008
    Certain Brits are so smug biggrin tongue wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008
    I'm in Japan but I can access... maybe you need to download RealPlayer.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/paige … ical.shtml

Though I can't understand all of their words, I can use it to brush up my English listening skill biggrin
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  2. Scribe wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Scribe wrote
    I just read Clemmenson's review of Prince Caspian. He actually LIKED it. He gave it 4 stars, as much as he gave Indy IV!

The world is a very strange place sometimes shocked

Huh?! What?! shocked confused LOL biggrin

I'm not saying it's not worth liking, I'm just saying I never EVER thought The Ultimate Original Zimmer-Basher would like it.

considering he liked Sinbad and Shrek 2 shows he's more for Gregson Williams than the pairing of GW with someone else, John Powell or Trevor Rabin. I don't understand the man but anyone who can give Chicken Run 3 stars and Shrek 2 and CON2 4 stars is sadly missing a large picture here, both scores just churn out exactly the same music of their innitial first score without stating anything new
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2008
    New HGW interview @ Animated Views (recently this site started doing some interesting composer interviews...)
    http://animated-views.com/2008/harry-gr … to-narnia/

There are more HGW-Narnia interviews around the net... if you're interested, visit Hans-Zimmer.com forum where I posted many of them wink
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Miya wrote
    New HGW interview @ Animated Views (recently this site started doing some interesting composer interviews...)

There are more HGW-Narnia interviews around the net... if you're interested, visit Hans-Zimmer.com forum where I posted many of them wink

Excellent interview, Miya! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Miya wrote

Ooh, cool. Thanks a lot, Miya! beer
  3. Miya wrote

Interesting interview. I assume he's talking about working on Ridley Scott's Nottingham, which is surprising given Scott's recent collaboration with Marc Streitenfeld.
  4. Not surprising at all. HGW did a great job on Scott´s last venture into the Middle Ages, so I´d say he is the logical choice.
  5. Scorefanatic wrote
    Miya wrote

Interesting interview. I assume he's talking about working on Ridley Scott's Nottingham, which is surprising given Scott's recent collaboration with Marc Streitenfeld.

Brilliant idea, just brilliant.... punk punk punk

HGW scoring Nottingham, a dream comes true ! biggrin biggrin biggrin

I wrote that on HZ.com 8 months ago :

"I'm still hoping to have a dark KoHesque score by HGW (the same as the first 45 minutes of KoH shocked ) for Nottingham..."

Let's hope it will be confirmed ! punk punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Not surprising at all. HGW did a great job on Scott´s last venture into the Middle Ages, so I´d say he is the logical choice.

No, it is surprising. Considering HGW stated at the WSA last year in Gent that he hated the process of Kingdom of Heaven and that he never before hated a director as much as he hated Ridley Scott, he's probably doing this just because it's an interesting project. Maybe it's too big for Streitenfeld for Scott to have trust in him?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008
    BobdH wrote
    ...he never before hated a director as much as he hated Ridley Scott...

Really, why?
  6. BobdH wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Not surprising at all. HGW did a great job on Scott´s last venture into the Middle Ages, so I´d say he is the logical choice.

No, it is surprising. Considering HGW stated at the WSA last year in Gent that he hated the process of Kingdom of Heaven and that he never before hated a director as much as he hated Ridley Scott, he's probably doing this just because it's an interesting project. Maybe it's too big for Streitenfeld for Scott to have trust in him?

True about Streitenfled... His scores were very good for the last Scott films (hope it will fit next Body of Lies), but for that kind of film (a Gladiator, BHD, KoH-like project) ? I don't know...

And about HGW, he said Michael Bay was the most "odious director ever" after The Rock, and then co-scored Armageddon... tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008 edited
    LSH wrote
    BobdH wrote
    ...he never before hated a director as much as he hated Ridley Scott...

Really, why?

He said it was because Scott forced him to record all of the score in England, far away from his wife and kid, and he wasn't allowed to go to them. And then, well... parts of his score were replaced with temp, which I can imagine is a frustrating thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    BobdH wrote
    And then, well... parts of his score were replaced with temp, which I can imagine is a frustrating thing.

Oh yes, of course, I remember this.
  7. LSH wrote
    BobdH wrote
    And then, well... parts of his score were replaced with temp, which I can imagine is a frustrating thing.

Oh yes, of course, I remember this.

A friend of mine met HGW last year...

Harry was DEEPLY disappointed by the choice of replacing his score...

And as you can see in the bootleg complete score, HGW reworked a LOT of tracks, that were finally never used... slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    And as you can see in the bootleg complete score, HGW reworked a LOT of tracks, that were finally never used... slant

A lot of good stuff on there.