• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Well, Scott is famous for getting on his composers´ nerves and still being able to recall them for later assignments. The whole Alien thing easily springs to mind, but still Goldsmith returned for Legend. But we all know how that turned out. smile

Scott has a thing with music, but I think every composer will know that beforehand, and if HGW was willing to risk it once, he may do it again. I feel even a slight frustration here and there will be massively overshadowed by the joy about working for another great Scott movie.

God, I´m a real digger of the Hood legend from childhood on, and I can´t wait to see what Scott will do with that!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Well, Scott is famous for getting on his composers´ nerves and still being able to recall them for later assignments. The whole Alien thing easily springs to mind, but still Goldsmith returned for Legend. But we all know how that turned out. smile

Scott has a thing with music, but I think every composer will know that beforehand, and if HGW was willing to risk it once, he may do it again. I feel even a slight frustration here and there will be massively overshadowed by the joy about working for another great Scott movie.

God, I´m a real digger of the Hood legend from childhood on, and I can´t wait to see what Scott will do with that!

The premise sounds interesting with Robin Hood being the villain and the Sheriff the hero.

I'm not kean on HGW scoring it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

I'm not kean on HGW scoring it.

Me neither. He has produced some good pieces of film music in the past, but his consistency in that area is almost zero. I've never really been excited about a new Gregson-Williams score, and I am so glad Arnold is on board for the final film in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe trilogy. Arnold and fantasy is something I've been waiting for for a long time!
  2. Steven wrote
    I am so glad Arnold is on board for the final film in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe trilogy.

It´s not a trilogy. It´s seven books.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Steven wrote
    I am so glad Arnold is on board for the final film in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe trilogy.

...couldn't.... care....less... biggrin
  3. It shows. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I certainly hope so. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Maybe Harry mixed up Ridley and Tony since he's working on The Taking of Pelham 123. According to the IMDB Ridley Scott doesn't have any movie in post production.
  4. Thomas wrote
    Maybe Harry mixed up Ridley and Tony since he's working on The Taking of Pelham 123. According to the IMDB Ridley Scott doesn't have any movie in post production.

Ridley is shooting Nottingham...

He never waits to shoot something... Body of Lies was 50% done when American Gangster finally came out in theaters...

But what you say can be true... I thought about that...

Wait & see...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Steven wrote

...couldn't.... care....less... biggrin

Hah! biggrin

I could actually look forward to an Arnold fantasy score cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008 edited
    LSH wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    And as you can see in the bootleg complete score, HGW reworked a LOT of tracks, that were finally never used... slant

A lot of good stuff on there.

Indeed, that 3 disc set contains amazing material lots of it left unused and other portions badly damaged during the final mixing that resulted on the commercial CD and which ruined their original organic feeling. Those 3 discs are mind-blowing.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    LSH wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    And as you can see in the bootleg complete score, HGW reworked a LOT of tracks, that were finally never used... slant

Indeed, that 3 disc set contains amazing material lots of it left unused and other portions badly damaged during the final mixing that resulted on the commercial CD and which ruined their original organic feeling. Those 3 discs are mind-blowing.

I find it hard to imagine Mindblowing and HGW in the same sentence wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I too. I'd only say it for that KINGDOM OF HEAVEN 3-disc bootleg and none other work of his, no matter how much i like a couple of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    LSH wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote

I have listened to that 3 disc set. Mindblowing and HGW still remain very far apart.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    LSH wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote

I have listened to that 3 disc set. Mindblowing and HGW still remain very far apart.

As I thought.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    Thomas wrote

or, staff at Animated Views mixed up two Scotts... they're experts on animated movies but maybe not on live-action movies wink
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008
    Harry Gregson-Williams will score Prince of Persia. This could be very interesting.

-> http://gsamusic.com/Composers/gregson-edit.pdf
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thomas wrote
    Harry Gregson-Williams will score Prince of Persia. This could be very interesting.

All RIGHT!!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Swwwweeeeet!!!!! cool beer
  5. Thomas wrote

if its like Sinbad, bring it on punk
    if its narnia leave it angry

Debney may have been stuck in the rut, would have loved to see him do it smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote
    Thomas wrote

All RIGHT!!! punk

lp wrote

Is there something I should know about Prince of Persia? What's so special about this one?
  6. TheTelmarine wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Thomas wrote

All RIGHT!!! punk

lp wrote

Is there something I should know about Prince of Persia? What's so special about this one?

only if they butcher this one up, I will hate them forever
    it is one of the most beloved games and series I played punk

Ps, that new game looks like crap
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Tommy_Boy wrote

Yeah! Sands of Time is EPIC!!
  7. DemonStar wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

Yeah! Sands of Time is EPIC!!

if they pull the same shit as they seem to do with Max Payne, then stop what you're doing now
    if you copy a game, you must copy what the game does, and how the game presents it

if not, dont use the name nor the story angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It'll probably be like Narnia. Pss..
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    This movie is being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, so you know that it'll look great. I hope they'll go with the Pirates Of The Carribbean route and create a fun and epic adventure tale.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    It'll probably be like Narnia. Pss..

I think it'll sound more like Sinbad.
  8. lp wrote
    This movie is being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, so you know that it'll look great. I hope they'll go with the Pirates Of The Carribbean route and create a fun and epic adventure tale.

it will look great, but they must use every move our tortured Prince does in the game, they must use the story of the game itself. If not, don't use the title of the game. If they aren't gonna make him walk on walls, reverse time or do slow motion, then they shouldn't make it

I truly hope it will be superior, I really do
  9. This movie is being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, so you know that it'll look like a shitty music video with at least 397 cuts per second.
  10. Antineutrino wrote
    This movie is being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, so you know that it'll look like a shitty music video with at least 397 cuts per second.

doesn't matter, as long as they use what the game provides