• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009
    This is exactly the kind of length that I like and the album has only three under-two-minutes track so I have no problem with it - except if the music is bad...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009 edited
    IF? wink tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. surprised to see the musical selection is indeed shorter than expected
    perhaps this is a good thing, considering it doesn't meant if you present all material that a score becomes better through it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009
    I'm sure it's a good thing. For this kind of score, I prefer a selection of highlights over every part of underscore that you have to edit out yourself. Plus, longer running times then usual with Varese, another great thing. I'm looking forward to this smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BobdH wrote
    I'm sure it's a good thing. For this kind of score, I prefer a selection of highlights over every part of underscore that you have to edit out yourself. Plus, longer running times then usual with Varese, another great thing. I'm looking forward to this smile

Or that the score is so bad they are actually doing us a favor wink tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HGW's thread going 16 pages is a warped miracle IMO sleep
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009
    The official website of the movie , features some very gloomy, electronics-heavy music. I hope it's not from the score itself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Harry Gregson-Williams is gloomy electronic-heavy music incarnate, so my guess is it probably is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    cd cover for Wolverine, here
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Christodoulides wrote
    The official website of the movie , features some very gloomy, electronics-heavy music. I hope it's not from the score itself.

Even if it is a part of the score, I don't suppose it's the dominant sound of it... I mean, as poetic as Varese people may be, they couldn't possibly call something like this an "epic symphonic score" or symphonic alone. Unless, of course, that phrase has a different meaning these days that I'm not aware of.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    cd cover for Wolverine, here

vomit

Man, Varese really are churning out crap this year. Employ me damn it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Does anyone knows how integrate a Jpg cover into a Mp3 track because the mp3 player shows the cover?

thanks
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yes, if you have itunes right click on the track (or highlight as many tracks as you want) and click properties. Then in the artwork box select a jpeg image from your computer.

If you don't use itunes then programs like tag&rename do the same trick. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009
    I just hope it's a good listening experience, even if it's shorter than X3.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009
    Audio Clips - http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.ph … erine.html

Sounds interesting, I must say. Not as good as X3 though. The choir sounds nice.
  2. DemonStar wrote

Sounds interesting, I must say. Not as good as X3 though. The choir sounds nice.

hmn, don't know yet
    not impressed by it
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    I am disappointed. Those clips sound very recycled to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DemonStar wrote

I'm glad it doesn't sound like X3. First track sounds like a killer piece with the string and choir, similar to how he'd done it on Narnia. And Kayla is quite pretty, while Deadpool sounds a bit like the temp track that I had heard. It's gonna be an interesting album, I'm sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's interesting. The first track is killer.

Deadpool sounds (completely, in all aspects) like something off King Arthur; or any other Zimmer material of that kind.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    It's interesting. The first track is killer.

Deadpool sounds (completely, in all aspects) like something off King Arthur; or any other Zimmer material of that kind.

it sounds like Harry like we heard him the last years, meaning uninspired

I know, these tracks don't present shit
    So, who are we to judge now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009 edited
    The first one is good though; the choral track is quite good. I am not expressing opinions, just clip-based observations smile
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    The first one is good though; the choral track is quite good.

it sounds like something out of The Chronicles of Narnia
    but again, what can 30 seconds bring?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    The first one is good though; the choral track is quite good. I am not expressing opinions, just clip-based observations smile

I'd say calling the first clip 'good' or 'killer' is an opinion. wink (Albeit an opinion of the clip, not the whole score. Obviously.)

I'm interested in hearing this one, but as usual with Harry "I'm a film composer because of the money" Gregson-Williams, I'm not expecting much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    I'm interested in hearing this one, but as usual with Harry "I'm a film composer because of the money" Gregson-Williams, I'm not expecting much.

Spot-on! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2009 edited
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Narnia in a Xmen Movie???? come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

it's interesting how Powell and HGW had the same opportunities and the same acclamation in the beggining....and how far is one from another.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2009
    I think there are still people who prefer Gregson-Williams. Personally I think they're nuts.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I think there are still people who prefer Gregson-Williams. Personally I think they're nuts.

Gregson who???
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    As much as I was to looking forward to something new with HGW's score for Wolverine, I'm very disappointed with the clips I heard. It's like HGW just can't get out of his Narnia funk, and that a lot of the clips seem like stuff he'd use for Voyage of the Dawn Treader (that is if he was scoring it, not Arnold).

Such a shame. Powell should've been brought on to start with -- at least he wouldn't have disappointed with blending the orchestra and electronics more effectively.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    By the way, the films looks like a low budget production like Daredevil, Elektra, Blade....

Hugh Jackman deserves more!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Wow, lots more HGW hatred here. But then I don't hate his Narnia stuff. It's really an extension of his style and just because it's not John Powell, doesn't make it bad.

BTW, no one should ever group the original Blade movie with the like of Elektra and Daredevil. It was low budget for sure, but that's pretty much it. It was one of the first movie that took a comic book character seriously and tried to place him in the real world.