• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009
    The taking of pelham 123

My review here for anyone interested:
    http://www.demetrischristodoulides.com/ … -123-2009/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well done D beer

Figured it wouldn't be my cuppa. I might watch the film when it's eventually shown on TV and hopefully a rival channel isn't showing the original which I've seen many times but will win out over the remake with ease.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Well done D beer

Figured it wouldn't be my cuppa. I might watch the film when it's eventually shown on TV and hopefully a rival channel isn't showing the original which I've seen many times but will win out over the remake with ease.

Yeah, the original is very cool. Also with an interesting SERIOUS role by Jerry Stiller, the hilariously goofy father of George in SEINFELD and father of Carrie in THE KING OF QUEENS.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009 edited
    Trailer of Prince of Persia :Sands Of time

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=20447

Looks interesting. But where is the time power? and Why the hell Harry Gregson Williams???

Please, at least I hope he leaves his last "style" and return to "simbad", wich is not a masterpice either but at least has some powerful moments.

PS: I could play again the game anytime. It was a masterpiece. A terrific combination of plataforms, adventure, fights, puzzles and sublime arabic design.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009
    I love the games, and the film certainly looks interesting. If HGW could deliver something along the lines of his Sinbad score, it'll be terrific. Too bad it's a Disney film though... that means the crappy MP3 download-only system. Oh well, I'm looking forward to the Last Airbender score more anyway.
  1. If whatever he´s composing for PoP is anywhere between Sinbad and Kingdom of Heaven, I´ll be more than happy. The movie looks like eye candy overkill (which is great, AFAIC), and I´ll be looking forward to this story´s mechanics of time, but I don´t expect anything revolutionary storywise. This movie will give all those "CGI-overload-hater" guys another baddie to point at, but that doesn´t change the fact that most CGI-heavy movies are worth their money for the looks alone. If I go to the theatre, I pay for the eye-candy. If I want a good story, I read a book.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    If whatever he´s composing for PoP is anywhere between Sinbad and Kingdom of Heaven, I´ll be more than happy.

Ditto.
  2. Nautilus wrote

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=20447

Looks interesting. But where is the time power? and Why the hell Harry Gregson Williams???

Please, at least I hope he leaves his last "style" and return to "simbad", wich is not a masterpice either but at least has some powerful moments.

PS: I could play again the game anytime. It was a masterpiece. A terrific combination of plataforms, adventure, fights, puzzles and sublime arabic design.

Indeed, I was missing the time powers as well, I hope they are still in the film because they are essentially what the game is about

anyway, the way it looks I don't think it can improve any better, and the final trailer visuals with the sand's tornado are just spot on smile

I hope Harry doesn't disappoint here, because if you can't get excited by this, then what can you get excited about?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009
    I'm interested to see what he comes up with for sure, but after Disney didn't even give Up a CD release, I doubt this will get one :-(
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Maybe Amazon might give it a CD-R release at least. Oh well.
  3. BobdH wrote
    I'm interested to see what he comes up with for sure, but after Disney didn't even give Up a CD release, I doubt this will get one :-(

indeed, but let's see if the music is worth releasing in the first place
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote

I agree. One of the worst composers you could potentially pick for a project like this. If his output is anything like what we've had recently this is going to be a monumental piece of crap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010
    You can hear a snippet of Prince Of Persia here.

Arabic sounding theme with familiar HGW arrangements (especially Narnia-esque percussion) and a hint of Hans' Prince Of Egypt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yay.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DemonStar wrote
    You can hear a snippet of Prince Of Persia here.

Arabic sounding theme with familiar HGW arrangements (especially Narnia-esque percussion) and a hint of Hans' Prince Of Egypt.

Thanks for the update. I like what I'm hearing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Yay.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    The only good thing about this film will be Gemma Arterton. FACT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sold.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010
    Prince Of Persia soundtrack is up for pre-order at Amazon as a CD, to be released on May 25. Appeared quite early so I hope it's a good omen to indicate that it's indeed a CD release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Looking forward to that. I am curious if he'll follow the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN paths, i.e. the 2nd time of the 2 actually good moments in his career so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    It's a Bruckheimer film, so I'm not sure to what extent he'll allow HGW to steer away from RC-isms and deliver something more along the lines of, say, Sinbad. But I'm really looking forward to it, of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    It's a Bruckheimer film, so I'm not sure to what extent he'll allow HGW to steer away from RC-isms and deliver something more along the lines of, say, Sinbad. But I'm really looking forward to it, of course.

But what I like about Bruckheimer is that he does like his movies to have thematic/melodic music in it (i.e. King Arthur, POTC Trilogy, G-Force, every freaking movie he's ever made). And Harry can write a thematic/melodic score when it's asked for. So I'm pretty optimistic that I won't be disappointed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Agreed. But I'd like this one to have less, if not no, guitars and electronics because they don't fit with the setting of the movie (I disliked that electronic percussion in Narnia).
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DemonStar wrote
    Agreed. But I'd like this one to have less, if not no, guitars and electronics because they don't fit with the setting of the movie (I disliked that electronic percussion in Narnia).

But, with most Bruckheimer productions, there will always be electronics. That's for sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    As long as it isn't dominated by 'em, it's ok with me. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DemonStar wrote
    As long as it isn't dominated by 'em, it's ok with me. cool

Fair enough biggrin
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    Looking forward to that. I am curious if he'll follow the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN paths, i.e. the 2nd time of the 2 actually good moments in his career so far.

I just hope it is fun and memorable, if there's one project Harry can't bore us with, it is this one
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I just hope it is fun and memorable, if there's one project Harry can't bore us with, it is this one

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin <--cynical smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorLars
    scores to bruckheimer productions aren't oscar worthy compositions but for me they are always fun to listen.
    and bruckheimer knows that.