• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2010
    Yeap. Overrated. shame
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010
    SHREK FOREVER AFTER
    Original Motion Picture Score

Music Composed by Harry Gregson-Williams

After challenging an evil dragon, rescuing a beautiful princess and saving your in-laws' kingdom, what's an ogre to do? Well, if you're Shrek, you suddenly wind up a domesticated family man. Instead of scaring villagers away like he used to, a reluctant Shrek now agrees to autograph pitchforks. What's happened to this ogre's roar? Longing for the days when he felt like a "real ogre," Shrek is duped into signing a pact with the smooth-talking dealmaker, Rumpelstiltskin. Shrek suddenly finds himself in a twisted, alternate version of Far Far Away, where ogres are hunted, Rumpelstiltskin is king and Shrek and Fiona have never met. Now, it's up to Shrek to undo all he's done in the hopes of saving his friends, restoring his world and reclaiming his one rue Love.

Composer Harry Gregson-Williams returns with a lush, magical score for the final chapter in the Shrek saga.

DreamWorks Animation will open Shrek Forever After on May 21.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 067 024 2
    Release Date: 05/18/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I love the first Shrek score but after that things got boring. So I don't expect anything from this new one.
    I'm more curious about the Prince of Persia score based on the things Hans Zimmer said in Pawel's interview.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    keky wrote
    I love the first Shrek score but after that things got boring. So I don't expect anything from this new one.
    I'm more curious about the Prince of Persia score based on the things Hans Zimmer said in Pawel's interview.

Shrek 2 was a pretty good sequel score, especially with that open fanfare arrangement of the Fairy Tale theme and the final "action" segment featuring the "I Need a Hero" song. The third one was damn boring though. Hopefully, the 4th score will be good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    1 and 2 were pretty good, film-wise. Third one was a bore, and i have zero interest in a 4th installment personally. Same goes for the completely careless musical accompaniment.
  1. keky wrote

the first is the best, but the second one used the amazing version of I need a Hero in its score, sadly nowhere to be found on the score album.

The third was a rehash all the way through
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010
    DemonStar wrote
    [b]SHREK FOREVER AFTER

face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2010
    PRINCE OF PERSIA : THE SANDS OF TIME

CD COVER

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images … mp;s=music

Product Details

* Audio CD (May 25, 2010)
    * Original Release Date: 2010
    * Number of Discs: 1
    * Format: Soundtrack
    * Label: Walt Disney Records

Track Listings
    1. The Prince of Persia
    2. Raid on Alamut
    3. Tamina Unveiled
    4. The King and His Sons
    5. Dastan and Tamina Escape
    6. Journey Through the Desert
    7. Ostrich Race
    8. Running from Sheikh Amar
    9. Trusting Nizam
    10. Visions of Death
    11. "So, You're Going to Help Me?"
    12. The Oasis Ambush
    13. Hassansin Attack
    14. Return to Alamut
    15. No Ordinary Dagger
    16. The Passages
    17. The Sands of Time
    18. Destiny
    19. I Remain Performed by Alanis Morissette

Be a part of the legacy, with the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Soundtrack. Anticipation mounts for this movie that is Jerry Bruckheimer produced and directed by Mike Newell (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) based on the popular video game series of the same name. Enjoy the music of this epic action-adventure about a rogue prince and a mysterious princess who race against dark forces to safeguard an ancient dagger capable of releasing the Sands of Time. Original score composed by Harry Gregson-Williams; famous for his work with The Chronicles of Narnia films.

http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Persia-San … mp;s=music
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2010
    Eagerly waiting for sound clips from this one.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2010
    Thanks a lot! smile I'm liking what I hear so far, although some of the tracks in the second half are a little heavier on electronics. The orchestration seems pretty decent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2010 edited
    It sounds better than his recent efforts for sure.

Finally he put a little bit of powerful horns in his orchestrations and leave his obsessive chorus aside. But It still sounds generic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2010
    More clips are available here, in the 'Music' section - http://adisney.go.com/disneypictures/princeofpersia/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DemonStar wrote
    'Music'

biggrin

I know you didn't mean it as a joke, but I laughed anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    lol

I like the clips, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I hope it has more than Wolverine's 5 minutes of goodness.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You managed to find 5 minutes?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He's very optimistic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I love the theme and its quasi-development/expansion-ish-ness. The rest is epic drone fail.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    BasilB wrote
    Exclusive First listen over at www.cinemamusica.de

http://www.cinemamusica.de/1495/prince- … n-williams

Enjoy!

Wow, some very exciting clips in there. The melodies are nice. That main one is a bit derivative in places, but I don't mind. The action beats are quite interesting. "Ostrich Race" sounds like the return to the "Sinbad" sound that everyone likes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    A lot of the clips seem to point towards an enjoyable guilty pleasure, but the inclusion of electronics in the latter half is just plain wrong. I'll be awaiting reviews first.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2010
    Scribe wrote
    I love the theme and its quasi-development/expansion-ish-ness. The rest is epic drone fail.

The romantic stuff reminds me quite a bit about the love theme of Horners Zorro score. Maybe it was the temp track...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2010
    BobdH wrote
    I'll be awaiting reviews first.

Judging from the short clips, they won't be glowing.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    BobdH wrote
    I'll be awaiting reviews first.

Judging from the short clips, they won't be glowing.

bah, you never know with me eh wink

I won't be judging anything from the clips, I'll listen to it in full once it is released
    perhaps I'll even see the film first
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010
    for the clips ( wink ) I could say HGW is the only composer who can make a score with etnic instruments, chorus, orchestra, electronics and an exotic "sense" and still make a bland and uninteresting score.

Do you know why? because he doesn't put soul in his scores anymore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010
    He stopped doing that long time ago. Can you spell "auto-pilot"?wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010 edited
    I wouldn't say he's the "only composer" who has that 'talent', by the way...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010
    "Watching some muscled youth beat up on Gandhi doesn't exactly make for an exciting movie climax! "

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2010
    A cool article about HGW's work on Prince Of Persia and Shrek Forever After - http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ne … 8105.story cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2010
    DemonStar wrote
    A cool article about HGW's work on Prince Of Persia and Shrek Forever After - http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ne … 8105.story cool

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer — who has worked with Gregson-Williams on nine other projects for film and TV in the last 15 years — calls the "Prince of Persia" score "heroic, haunting and romantic, a throwback to Old Hollywood. It had to capture the majestic nature of the story, the characters and the landscape. I think it's some of his best work."

Couldn't agree more with Big J.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you