• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2008
    Erm...

dgoldwas wrote
    ScoringSessions.com travels across the globe to bring you an exclusive in-depth look at the scoring sessions for Harry Gregson-Williams' highly anticipated score to The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Recorded at the world-famous Abbey Road Studios, we've got a lot of photos for you, so come check it out!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    woops! Missed that.. I guess I re-posted old news ;( srry
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    bartley wrote
    woops! Missed that.. I guess I re-posted old news ;( srry

Hehe, easily done.
  1. Scoring "Em".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2008
    Sounds like something "big" is coming from HGW. Now whether the Disney CD is big enough to hold it or not is something I'd like to see.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    justin boggan wrote
    Scoring "Em".

Um?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Sylvos wrote
    Sounds like something "big" is coming from HGW. Now whether the Disney CD is big enough to hold it or not is something I'd like to see.

That's exactly what Disney CDs often don't hold! lol
  2. Sylvos wrote

The only big thing to come from HGW isn't coming out in May, but in June (and with probably, as usual with the Japanese, a complete score released) :

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 !!!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hopefully they learnt their lesson from the first Narnia CD which would have been so much better with a more thoughtful presentation of the music, and we don't end up with yet another thoughtless never-ending CD and instead get something that actually presents its music in a favourable light.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008
    Southall wrote
    Hopefully they learnt their lesson from the first Narnia CD which would have been so much better with a more thoughtful presentation of the music, and we don't end up with yet another thoughtless never-ending CD and instead get something that actually presents its music in a favourable light.

I don't follow that. I thought the LWW Narnia CD was an excellent release of HGW's music in the film... I can't think of anything that was in the film that they left out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    bartley wrote
    Southall wrote

I don't follow that. I thought the LWW Narnia CD was an excellent release of HGW's music in the film... I can't think of anything that was in the film that they left out.

Narnia is a very mediocre score, both on film and cd.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    We must agree to disagree ... this is an old old debate.
    But I believe that the release was a very acceptable presentation of the film score. I'm not
    saying it's a good score, but that it was a good release of the score i.e. it didn't leave anything
    out...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Christodoulides wrote

I think HGW milked all of his creative juice for Kingdom of Heaven in 2005, which was a superb piece of work by the way. Maybe that's why Narnia was not what many was expecting. Even Disney had plans for an extended edition score (the initial concept for the special edition album I guess) which was later cancelled.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    bartley wrote
    Southall wrote

Absolutely!

I never thought I'd find myself hoping David Arnold would take over the next instalment.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Parts of it did sound a bit mediocre, yes, but IMO it had some truly spectacular moments, such as "The Battle". A few unreleased cues are superb as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Andrew Adamson & Harry Gregson-Williams
    Director Andrew Adamson and composer Harry Gregson-Williams meet Tommy Pearson at Abbey Road studios in London during the sessions for the second Chronicles of Narnia film, Prince Caspian. Andrew and Harry talk about the film in detail and outline their collaborations on the Chronicles of Narnia films and that other monster franchise - the Shrek movies.
    [Length: 22 mins / Recorded: March 2008]

-> http://www.stageandscreenonline.com/dow … regso.html
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I thought the first movie had a decent release...it just wasn't a very interesting score. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    bartley wrote
    Southall wrote

Absolutely!

I never thought I'd find myself hoping David Arnold would take over the next instalment.

He's growing on you isn't he? It's okay to admit it Timmer, it's okay. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote

There are worse composers, for sure.

Like this little fella: goat
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    This goat will take over the biggrin smiley! shocked
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I think this one wink is the best. It just looks cool. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008 edited
    Anyone reminded of Professor Calculus "acting the goat" in the "Destination Moon" comic? lol
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Stop it with the goat ! crazy smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    bartley wrote
    Southall wrote

Absolutely!

Yeah I admit it, I've warmed a lot to Arnold over the last few years.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Stop it with the goat ! crazy smile

Then stop acting the goat wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2008 edited
    Hope this isn't old news:
    Stage and Screen Online has a interview by Tommy Pearson with Director Andrew Adamson and
    Harry Gregson-Williams:

www.stageandscreenonline.com/downloads/andrew_adamson_harry_gregso.html

Mathias
    JUST SAW THAT THIS IS A RE_RUN: SORRY!
  3. MGS 4 OST release date => 05/28/08 (Japanese release, I don't know about the other countries)...punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMcbain
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008
    A release date, at last!
    I hope the new score is better than Snake Eater, though...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    MGS 4 OST release date => 05/28/08 (Japanese release, I don't know about the other countries)...punk

That info comes out of the interview linked above?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    MGS 4 OST release date => 05/28/08 (Japanese release, I don't know about the other countries)...punk

That info comes out of the interview linked above?

No... From here => http://www.konamistyle.jp/ecitem/item48308.html