• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2008
    Click the link!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    K

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    There certainly appears to be a lot more action material in this one. Might be worth a look into.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    It's definitely more bombastic and epic in sound.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    lp wrote
    It's definitely more bombastic and epic in sound.

Now I'm convinced!

*clicked*
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Some more (and different) audio clips are available at Amazon.com

-> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015HZAP2/
  1. The Disney clips are really... Walt Disney Records... I mean, they show the main themes (from Narnia 1) everybody knows... rolleyes

The Amazon clips are better, more interesting, with new things... lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    The Disney clips are really... Walt Disney Records... I mean, they show the main themes (from Narnia 1) everybody knows... rolleyes

Regardless, my overall impression, based on the clips provided, remain the same. It's a bigger sound, darker, and could make for a more enjoyable listening experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    lp wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    The Disney clips are really... Walt Disney Records... I mean, they show the main themes (from Narnia 1) everybody knows... rolleyes

Regardless, my overall impression, based on the clips provided, remain the same. It's a bigger sound, darker, and could make for a more enjoyable listening experience.

So, a basic some up: everyone thinks it's going to be better (surpass) the previous installment.
    Right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    Aside, did anyone notice a typo? Isn't it Aslan's Howe not How, as on the listing?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2008
    I wouldn't know, I didn't read any of the Narnia books.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    More specific details on the tracklisting of PRINCE CAPSIAN CD from amazon.com

13. The Call - Performed by Regina Spektor
    14. A Dance 'Round the Memory Tree - Performed by Oren Lavie
    15. This Is Home - Performed by Switchfoot
    16. Lucy* - Performed by Hanne Hukkelberg* Not Featured in Film

I'm particularly looking forward to these, especially that Oren Lavie song with the cool title.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    franz_conrad wrote
    I'm particularly looking forward to these, especially that Oren Lavie song with the cool title.

Do you think James Horner wrote it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    I still need more motivation to get this. Somebody convince me to click the link. tongue

You.don't.need.to

wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote
    I still need more motivation to get this. Somebody convince me to click the link. tongue

You.don't.need.to

wink

At least give the clips a listen. If you don't like it, don't buy.
    I'm a HGW fan, and I'm not buying it till after I've heard the on-film score --
    buying scores before you hear 'em is just taking risk. And (in some cases) wasting dough.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    bartley wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

You.don't.need.to

wink

At least give the clips a listen. If you don't like it, don't buy.
    I'm a HGW fan, and I'm not buying it till after I've heard the on-film score --
    buying scores before you hear 'em is just taking risk. And (in some cases) wasting dough.

Yep! I learnt the hard way! slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sorry D, you failed. I clicked it out of sheer interest. And I'm impressed! shocked biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2008
    Why is only half the music by him? Who's the other guy? confused
  3. Anthony wrote
    Why is only half the music by him? Who's the other guy? confused

It was the same for MGS 2 & 3...

HGW is credited as composer, but actually, he's just the "Cinematics Composer" (and a few in-game sequences)...

The in-game composers are Konami's japanese team (Norihibo Hibino for MGS 2 & 3, Nobuko Toda with a bunch of additional composers for MGS 4)...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh, so he did to most of it then - considering 90% of the game is cutscenes. tongue biggrin
  4. Anthony wrote
    Oh, so he did to most of it then - considering 90% of the game is cutscenes. tongue biggrin

LOL... biggrin

The complete score of MGS 2 is 104 minutes long... 28 minutes written by HGW (surrounded by Jablonsky and Justin Burnett).

The complete of MGS 3 is 141 minutes long... 62 minutes written by HGW & Burnett...

The complete of MGS 4 is 139 min long... 44 min by HGW...

Happy ? tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Anthony wrote

surrounded by Jablonsky.

shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    After a brief break from all this exam stress, I'm aching to listen to some Prince Caspian stuff now biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    The direct rips from LWW bother me. There are 3 of them, 2 towards the end of the score. I'm sure they are appropriate in the film, but like Eric said, it's the exact same orchestration and everything. HGW and Adamson have a bad habit of doing this.

Beyond that, though, I love the score. It is darker, and also a lot more energetic. The first cue is an example of that, it has a depth of complexity and frenetic feel that is much more...mature? than the first score. There's no immediate standout cue like the first one had "The Battle", but there's a lot of stuff there that I think might turn out to be just as interesting when given more listens. The action material in general is just a lot deeper than the first one (except during the two rips tongue)

But I am definitely glad that Adamson and HGW are gone after this film. Bring on David Arnold! We might even get the kind of "high-seas adventure" feel with the third film's score that everyone was missing from PotC, even if it's not exactly about pirates.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  5. I need to listen to it again, and wait for the score in the film itself to have a real opinion of it...

"The Battle" theme is the main theme of that second film... Anyway I like its "Veronica Guerin" variation...

But nothing is really memorable...

Definitely, I must listen to it again...
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I actually enjoy all the NEW arrangements of the heroic/battle theme from LWW. I thought after LWW that the theme had nothing new to offer, but HGW surprised me. Especially the more tender arrangement in the 3rd track...it had never been used as anything but an action/adventure theme before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Well I quickly listened to a few tracks from Prince Caspian online (poor streaming quality tongue ) and IMO most themes were from the first movie, but they were developed and orchestrated pretty well, so they didn't sound dull or repetitive. The battle cues sound very similar to "The Battle" from the first OST, with the same electronic (?) percussion rhythm from the second half. The percussion is very well performed, IMO! wink Will say more after I get the actual OST in my hands.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What's with the electronic drum beats?! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    What's with the electronic drum beats?! dizzy

My reason: They are cool.

Reason reason: they are pretty much a necessity for anything being marketed primarily towards the younger generation. I mean, they even got PATRICK DOYLE of all people to sort of do that in Eragon.