• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2008
    msia2k75 wrote
    And 3) It's not like the first score was any good to begin with so why the second would be fine? (well you never know, but this doesnt inspire me a lot of confidence)

I actually like the first score. It's my favorite by him.

But yes, in any event Arnold's VotDT score (yes I am creating an acronym for a film that is more than 2 years away) will be much more worthy of anticipation.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    The score for Prince Caspian will start recording in the next few minutes (seriously). And Dan Goldwasser, the lucky bastard that he is, is at Abbey Road! crazy biggrin

How big is the orchestra for CoN: PC? I hope it's closer to 90 pieces than the rather underwhelming 75-piece Hollywood Studio Symphony ensemble for the first film.

And when will Dan come back? Next week?
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2008 edited
    Dan is back (he came back Sunday/Monday I believe) (I don't know which day to say because of the weird time differences though!).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nice, we may have the recording sessions coverage late this week or the next one. Looking forward to it lick
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I still want Arnold's score more. And I bet he's hardly thought of it yet either. crazy punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Well Arnold in a fantasy film is new ground for him (if I´m not wrong), so yeah, it may be interesting.
    The truth is that I´m really looking forward to a new big-loud-epic Arnold score.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Same. Let's hope Godzilla shows up for good measure though. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I think of Godzilla like as science fiction film rather a fantasy one, but yeah, you´re right, Godzilla is a good way to start.
    But I was talking specifically about Arnold´s epics like "ID4" or "Stargate". God I still remember the first time I listened ID4....unforgettable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Poor Harry. We're not even talking about him in his own thread.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Hey guys, I'm back from London. (had to recover for a few days). To clarify Anthony's comments, no, they didn't start recording the PRINCE CASPIAN score last week; they've been recording since late January, and will continue recording until the end of the month or so. It's a staggered schedule. I still need to write up my news piece, and then run it by Harry and Disney, so it won't be going up as quickly as I'd like, but it will DEFINITELY be worth the wait wink
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Oh yeah - as for DAWN TREADER, it's a 2010 film, so let's let David Arnold get through the next two years first, BEFORE he has to worry about that score! wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    dgoldwas wrote
    Hey guys, I'm back from London. (had to recover for a few days). To clarify Anthony's comments, no, they didn't start recording the PRINCE CASPIAN score last week; they've been recording since late January, and will continue recording until the end of the month or so. It's a staggered schedule. I still need to write up my news piece, and then run it by Harry and Disney, so it won't be going up as quickly as I'd like, but it will DEFINITELY be worth the wait wink

Ouch, that's one slow recording process! Sorry if I confused anyone! shame dizzy
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008
    Eh, it was probably done due to the constant editing and visual effects rendering during post as Harry was scoring it.

So judging by that schedule, the entire film should be done by the early April, right Dan?
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Matt C wrote
    Eh, it was probably done due to the constant editing and visual effects rendering during post as Harry was scoring it.

That's par for the course these days with pretty much every vfx-intensive film.

So judging by that schedule, the entire film should be done by the early April, right Dan?

I guess... dunno - I didn't check their reel-locking schedule! wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    How much did they record a day if they've been going for that long?
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    How much did they record a day if they've been going for that long?

They weren't recording non-stop. They'd write for a few weeks, then record for a few days. Mix it, and then write for a few weeks, record for a few days, etc.

I think this was just the third batch of sessions, with one more batch planned at the end of the month. They got through about 30-40 minutes this time around. (There's a LOT of music in the film!)
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Have Disney and Harry close to approving your scoring session coverage of Prince Caspian? I really want to see it. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2008
    Matt C wrote
    Have Disney and Harry close to approving your scoring session coverage of Prince Caspian? I really want to see it. smile

Patience, patience! Harry has approved it - just waiting on Disney now. Keep your fingers crossed, but they can take a while sad
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008
    ScoringSessions.com travels across the globe to bring you an exclusive in-depth look at the scoring sessions for Harry Gregson-Williams' highly anticipated score to The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Recorded at the world-famous Abbey Road Studios, we've got a lot of photos for you, so come check it out!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008 edited
    Nice Dan, thanks!! 68 photos!! kiss
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nice one Dan. And Mr. Call Of Duty 4 was there as well. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    No prob - hope you enjoy 'em! If you want me to cover some BIG session in London this fall (HP, 007), it would be very helpful to consider clicking the ads to get me over there again!! smile

Thanks all,
    Dan
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2008
    There aren't any ads on the website, as far as I can see anyway.

Some time I don't understand the hatred someone would have toward Harry and his music. He's a consummate professional who give the movie what it (and the filmmakers) want, if not more. I'm looking forward to Prince Caspian. Hopefully there will be even more action cues and more of it on CD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2008 edited
    What I want to know is how much they'll include on CD. They'd better include a lot, cos Disney owning the rights means the chances for an expanded score later are cut very short sad

But it's always good to be optimistic anyway wink And BTW the recording sessions photos are excellent! Loved 'em biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Great coverage Dan!

By the way, as an aspiring photojournalist, if you ever need anyone to help you shoot photos, I'd certainly be willing. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    lp wrote

They're on the right-side of the site. Unless you have an ad-blocker, of course!

David wrote
    By the way, as an aspiring photojournalist, if you ever need anyone to help you shoot photos, I'd certainly be willing. wink

Thanks! Where are you located?

Dan
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2008 edited
    dgoldwas wrote
    lp wrote

They're on the right-side of the site. Unless you have an ad-blocker, of course!
    Dan

Ah hah! Seems like the Firefox program I loaded to the MacBook at home blocked the ads. Firefox at work display ALL the ads you have. Commencing with the clickin'
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2008 edited
    Indeed, i saw no ads and i have Firefox. Damn, never thought ad-block was that efficient hehe!

Now speaking of Prince Caspian, I hope it will have at least the same recording quality displayed on the recent Shrek The Third. Really the only great thing on that score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2008
    dgoldwas wrote
    lp wrote

David wrote

Thanks! Where are you located?

Dan

Indiana....

Not many scores being recorded here unfortunately, but the offer still stands!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2008
    Here's a nice stack of pictures from the scoring sessions for Prince Caspian:

http://www.scoringsessions.com/news/129/

Looks very promising -- can't wait. Does anyone know the release date yet?