• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010
    - Will there be a Lost Season 5 album? Would be great to have Miles's theme and the music from the finale.

- Any plans to record & release the Lost Symphony? Disappointed that it's not on the DVD of Season 4.

Totally aside: anybody know why he scored the Walt-Michael scene in the Season 2 finale with Desmond's theme?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't think there's going to be a season 5 album, it's re-takes on older material, nothing worth releasing.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Well, I just rewatched it and there were some noteworthy cues to be had, especially in the finale. They could also take the opportunity and release some cues from previous seasons with it of course.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    fommes wrote
    Totally aside: anybody know why he scored the Walt-Michael scene in the Season 2 finale with Desmond's theme?

I do want to ask something along these lines as well, but I would expect it comes down to time. I think in that instance the theme wasn't established as Desmond's (that was the first episode it was introduced in). For example the Kate/Sawyer love theme originally started out in "...In Translation" for a bunch of different characters.

The strangest however is probably the use of Hurley's theme in "Enter 77" when Sayid apologises to the woman he tortured. But again, it probably fit the scene well or MG was struggling for time.

Christodoulides wrote
    I don't think there's going to be a season 5 album, it's re-takes on older material, nothing worth releasing.

I wouldn't think so either. There are too many short cues as well. There are a couple of nice pieces from "Some Like It Hoth" I would like however (the final few minutes of the episode contain the best music of the season), and the first scene with Jacob in the finale.

A season 5 and 6 release is more plausible (hoping season 6 is good!), or as mentioned above, releasing more music from previous seasons is a good idea. (I'd really like the variation on the Island theme used in conjunction with Ben's motif in "The Man Behind The Curtain".)
  1. Anthony, did you want me to make that post, as asked earlier?

The interview with Chattaway will be up in a few days. smile
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthoradam
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2010
    I just want to know where he learned about orchestration, because he's so good at it!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Go for it, Justin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I just want to know the usual: what's his favourite score/s, who are his favourite composers, what's his own favourite score.

I know they're not particularly original, but I genuinely want to know! I don't have any questions about his music because it's all self-evident. His approach is self-evident; we can hear it right there in the music!
  2. When is the deadline for question taking?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010 edited
    When Lost finishes.
  3. Taking questions for an interview with TV composer Ben Lanzarone, who has worked on series such as:

"Dynasty"
    "The Colbys"
    "Happy Days"
    "Matt Houston"
    (and some more)

Any interesting or good questions might be used. Shooting for two weeks to take questions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010
    Anthony wrote
    Feel free to submit any questions you have about Lost for an upcoming Q&A with Michael Giacchino!

Are only questions about LOST allowed?
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010
    What do you want to ask about Pixar? smile
  4. justin boggan wrote
    Taking questions for an interview with TV composer Ben Lanzarone, who has worked on series such as:

"Dynasty"
    "The Colbys"
    "Happy Days"
    "Matt Houston"
    (and some more)

Any interesting or good questions might be used. Shooting for two weeks to take questions.

I'd like to know a bit about how he deals with the time pressures of composing for TV shows and whether he had a chance to carry over any ideas between Dynasty and The Colbys.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. I should mention, he only scored one episode of "The Colbys" ("The Pact"). And he worked on "Hotel".
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    Anthony wrote
    What do you want to ask about Pixar? smile

No not about Pixar! wink

- How did you get involved in Prep & Landing? How was it working on Disney's new Christmas special?

christmas_reindeer
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  6. Not taking a break, I am also taking questions for an interview with Charles Gross. Standard two weeks from today for suggestions.

Not heard anything by him, try YouTube and search his name. Find a clip that plays music from "Country". It's definitively worth your time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2010
    YouTube isn't CD quality. I'm not listening to that!
  7. Certainly not -- anybody who goes to YouTube for listening experience, is wrong in the head.

Sampling purposes, however...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You better hope koko doesn't read that. He'll voodoo the shit out of you.
  8. Wasn't he that crazy fucker who kept posting about YouTube being all he needed for scores?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    When did we ever had crazy fuckers in maintitles? confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2010 edited
    Koko's okay in my book, a bit youtube obsessed but that's hardly a crime. I don't think he was ever anything but polite to people.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Unlike other crazy f's of mt smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    My lips are sealed. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think you'll find everyone at MT is perfectly polite!

Prick. slant
  9. Mr. Lanzarone's interview is now up:

http://www.rejectedfilmscores.125mb.com … rview.html
    • CommentAuthoradam
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    When Lost finishes.

OK, another question. Does he do mock ups for Lost? In other words, does he create something that you could play that sounds like an approximation of the final result, or does he just come up with something on the piano and notate it? I know he works really quickly on Lost, and it's difficult to mock up glissandi and stuff, so I'm curious about that. And you can extend that question to his other works, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010 edited
    <stupid and majorly backfiring effort at joke deleted>
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn