• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Yes, it is.
    There's horses in the title.
    It's a cook book.
    Case closed.

Much like your mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Be silent, oh effeminate fizzy horse-piss drinker at your daily cod breakfast.
    You are in no position to make barbs!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Tintin wrote
    You must mean horseradish. wink

I most certainly do not. There's a most excellent horsemeat butcher close to where I live.
    (Though I do love horseradish as well!)

Never tried it...is it tasty?

I have a very good friend who would happily want to string you up for your comments about horses and give me a slap around the head for asking you if it's tasty
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Off topic yet again
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Be silent, oh effeminate fizzy horse-piss drinker at your daily cod breakfast.
    You are in no position to make barbs!

Cod? Haddock you idiot! With a poached egg on top!! All that protein, no wonder we kicked all of your croissant eating arses century after century and then had to bail you out once your neighbor got all picky.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    You tell him Tim
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Cod? Haddock you idiot!

My bad. That makes ALL the difference! vomit

With a poached egg on top!! All that protein, no wonder we kicked all of your croissant eating arses century after century and then had to bail you out once your neighbor got all picky.

Y-e-e-e-e-e-s-s-s-s....
    Incidentally, croissants are particularly French.
    Us Dutchies just have mimosas.

Well.
    This one does.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Us Dutchies just have mimosas.

Buck's Fizz? I LOVE Buck's Fizz!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think I already made a compelling case that Brits have weird taste bordering on the absurd.
    No need to hammer the message home, James.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    I think I already made a compelling case that Brits have weird taste bordering on the absurd.

Please remind me, oh sage squire, who it was that crowned that particular song the best song in all of Europe in 1981?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...except I just found out that the mimosa was indeed actually invented in London (as Buck's Fizz)! shocked
    I ain't arguing with people who invented anything as magnificent as this. cool

I magnanimously forgive you your cod.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    Martijn wrote

Please remind me, oh sage squire, who it was that crowned that particular song the best song in all of Europe in 1981?

:cringe: Please let's not argue popular tastes and preferences from 1981.
    It was an age with hair, clothes and music that will make our generation the laughing stock of centuries, and should rightfully, ethically and overall aesthetically be erased from the history books.

For reasons of personal sanity and cognitive dissonance I'm hanging on to the theory that the Eurovision Song Festival was as corrupt and bought by the mob as it is now, and blame the whole thing on a small band of hardened criminals.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    Haddock!

Good GOD, man. There ARE limits!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    There certainly are and the Daily Mail is one of them. Horrible far right racist rag.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    There certainly are and the Daily Mail is one of them. Horrible far right racist rag.

It's a disgrace.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Indeed. Something should be done.
    I'm considering a strong letter to The Times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Little of it makes sense to me.
    Thomas
  1. #
    Miya wrote
    By the way is the word "pizzicato" can be used for guitars? I thought it's a term for the strings.

It is. Pizzicato is not a term applicable to acoustic guitar.

CommentAuthorsdtom
    * CommentTime2 days ago

Agree. I think it would be difficult to do on the guitar (pizzicato)
    Thomas

Actually "Pizzicato" is able to be performed on the guitar. Using the side of the right hand and laying it at the junction point of the strings and the bridge, you are able to dampen and muffle the strings to achieve a pizzicato effect - I used it quite extensively in my arrangements (check the last 2 seconds of the "Psycho" Suite for one, and in my arr. of "Mad,Mad World" it is heard 1/2 way thru accompanied by artificial harmonics on the 1st guitar). The use of "pizzicato" goes back to the earliest Segovia transcriptions and also used extensively in Joaquin Turina' guitar compositions.

GREGG NESTOR
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    While it can indeed be done it is associated with a string section in an orchestra.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    Martin (Tintin) made an excellent acoustic guitar compilation some years ago; i am sure he can help you wink

GABRIEL YARED makes excellent use of the acoustic guitar, notably in the beautifully melodic Message in a Bottle.

Also, the work by MICHAEL BROOK is pretty interesting.

And stay the fudge away from HEITOR PEREIRA's generic crap.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thanks smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I was just thinking there is some pretty guitar in the original Alamo. Is it called DeGuello?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    bumping the topic up for Martin (Tintin)! wave
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    The new score by Danny Elfman Taking Woodstock is all guitar ( acoustic and electric) oriented. Quite nice.

Listen to the whole score for free here:

http://www.musicme.com/

Just enter danny elfman in the search at the top.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks! Would you like to share the tracklisting, or perhaps the names of the score from your acoustic guitar compilation too Martin my friend?
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    It was posted earlier Demetris. Erik did a cover for it and the tracklisting is on it. Thanks.

I forgot about Yared's Message in a Bottle- that is a very good one.

Fenton's Dangerous Beauty also features guitar. A beautiful voyage to Italy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh sorry i missed this!
    • CommentAuthorbiley
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2011
    Sorry... came in a bit late here...! Good discussion there on acoustic guitars!!

I would like to add to the suggestions (dont know whether this was suggested aleady)

FRIDA - OST by Elliot Goldenthal (2002) seems to be pretty good too.

Biley
  2. I would add Horner's use of both acoustic and electric guitar for The Perfect Storm. Perfect way to depict the world of the working man before the ensuing tragedy.