• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I always like the very emotional scenes, where they bring in the accoustic guitar, to hit that emotional chord.
    It somehow always does the trick with me.

Of the top of my head these are some examples:

- 'Dual Transformations' from Ladyhawke (Andrew Powell)
    - 'Home at Last' from Labyrinth (Trevor Jones)
    - 'Admiral and Commander' from Battlestar galactica (Bear McCreary)
    - 'Duduk of the North' from Gladiator (Hans Zimmer)
    - 'Injection' from MI2 (Hans Zimmer)

or even the synthesised version of accoustic guitar by Harold Faltermeyer in 'Memories' from Top Gun.

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Oh, and how can I forget John Barry's magnificent 15 minute piece Romance For Guitar and Orchestra for the film Deadfall, an incredible acchievement.

I've posted this before but what the hell, it's too good not to post again and you even get John Barry conducting in person cool

DEADFALL

The actual score/concert starts at about 2 minutes into the clip

love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but here's a few recommendations:

Chad Fischer - Motorcycle Ride (Garden State)
    Chad Fischer - Pool Scene (Garden State)

Michael Brook - Into the Wild

William Ross - Rookie's First Day (Ladder 49)

Richard Thompson - Tim & The Bears (Grizzly Man)

Gustavo Santaolalla - Brokeback Mountain
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011
    Michael Brook's a very well known guitarist, if you liked that, check his other works out, he's very talented.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2021 edited
    Santaolalla is always the first one that comes to mind in this topic, but nobody mentioned John Williams' STEPMOM in this here old thread, one of my favourite guitar-driven scores. Love those solos by legendary Christopher Parkening (although in an ideal world, it would have been more fun if John Williams had gotten John Williams to perform on it).
    I am extremely serious.