• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. That's why it would be a refounding.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2014
    Since I am English I guess it is hard for me to really comment on what frustrations the people of Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland have with the political process in the country, but I do wonder if some level of federalism- where each of the four nations have some degree of "independence" - would be a more satisfying situation than what we have now.
  2. There is some level of frustration in England since there seems to now be a scramble for some constitutional change in England, including some northern cities.

I wonder if Manchester or Newcastle would still use the pound?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Well, almost as many people live in Birmingham as live in Scotland. And it's massively politically different from the current lot governing in Westminster. So...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    The House of Lords needs to be abolished.

Volker

FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2014 edited
    Are these people serious? They are holding a poll to demand re voting because they say it was rigged.

Scottish Independence Petition Demanding Referendum Be Re-Held Because It Was Rigged Reaches 70,000

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09 … ef=uk-news
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Weil nicht sein kann, was nicht sein darf.

As we say in Germany: For that which must not, cannot be.

The origin of all conspiracy theories.
  4. Demetris wrote
    Are these people serious? They are holding a poll to demand re voting because they say it was rigged.

Scottish Independence Petition Demanding Referendum Be Re-Held Because It Was Rigged Reaches 70,000

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09 … ef=uk-news

I predict that the number of people who will sign this petition will reach 1,617,989.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSynchrotones
    Southall wrote
    Well, almost as many people live in Birmingham as live in Scotland. And it's massively politically different from the current lot governing in Westminster. So...

Nearly 5 million in Yorkshire and Humber. Hence I'm calling to For Yorkshire's Independence, FYI.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'll vote for it. Will you have nuclear weapons?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSynchrotones
    Nucelar weapon up 't north? Don't be daft lad. There be Henderson's relish tho.

Oh, and steel. Lots of steel!
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    You should consider setting up some sort of Steel City.
  5. Hm, indeed. With its own football team, but we'll only play on wednesdays.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sounds like a sure way of being united.
  6. So England and Scotland are dominated now by their respective national parties while Labour gets worn down in between.
    Does that mean that in 20 years there will be England outside the EU, Scotland inside the EU with the river Tweed being a Schengen border?

slant Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2015 edited
    What I find funny is all the huge badges on their chest. They are enormous. Some have even more than one. biggrin

But well. Interesting to see what will happen regarding the referendum. Who's stupid idea was that?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2015
    I'm not convinced there will actually be a referendum. They'll only hold it if they think we'd vote to stay in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2015
    Happy Mother's Day to the 'muricans (not that we have many):

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/whe … elf-dinner
  7. Steven wrote

They eat her out of house and home.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2015
    Steven wrote

Nature is AWESOME!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It is. But in this case it's fucked up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Eeeeeeew....
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nah! THIS is proper Eeeeeew Thor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sometimes cleansing fire is the only way to deal with awesome nature.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    More eeeew indeed.

If it had been up to me, biology would be forbidden and we would all be spiritual beings.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2015
    Spiritual as in drunk all the time?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2015
    Thor wrote
    If it had been up to me, biology would be forbidden and we would all be spiritual beings.

Do I detect a hint of crisis of faith? Could reason be seeping through? I believe in you, Thor!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2015
    As an outsider looking in, I am always highly entertained, absolutely fascinated and frequently appalled by US presidential elections. With all the chatter from my American Facebook friends about the next one, I was starting to look forward to it in November, before I realised to my slight horror that it's actually not until November next year.

The issues these things are fought on and the candidates judged on (abortion - seriously?!?) and not fought on (guns, for heaven's sake - do something about it) seem so strange. Some of the freakshow candidates, who occasionally end up becoming president (the second Bush!?!? - wtf?!?) - Sarah Palin, a terrifying character. And now of course Donald Trump.

But while I'm fascinated by it I rarely comment on it because I know how annoying it can be when ill-informed foreigners comment on "your" country and I worry about being too ill-informed myself. (After the recent UK election I saw one of my American Facebook friends write "Idiot British electing Cameron - Toryism is the single most evil political force in the world right now" - and bearing in mind "Toryism" is some considerable way to the political left of any American government in my lifetime, and that I don't think it's really too hard to think up a list of political forces in the world that are at least somewhat more "evil" than the present British government - I realised how annoying this sort of thing can be.)

Anyway, that's a long-winded and pointless post. The main reason of the post was simply to link to this, which to my uneducated mind feels like quite an astute analysis of the Donald Trump thing.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/08/11/don … f-83770385
  8. I hardly think "an imperial presidency" is a fair assessment of Obama's time in office, but yeah, the article raises some good points. Bizarre that anybody in the world who isn't a member of a hitherto undiscovered tribe of pygmies could honestly think that Trump represents the interests of the common man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2015
    Southall wrote
    The issues these things are fought on and the candidates judged on (abortion - seriously?!?) and not fought on (guns, for heaven's sake - do something about it) seem so strange. Some of the freakshow candidates, who occasionally end up becoming president (the second Bush!?!? - wtf?!?) - Sarah Palin, a terrifying character. And now of course Donald Trump.

The day the phrase 'a person of faith' is seen as an insult rather than a compliment, clowns like this will surely find it nigh on impossible to get into office. Utter non-issues like abortion will be seen as a curiosity of history. What's terrifying about Palin (and her ilk) is that despite every word that comes out of her mouth proving the echo chamber between her ears, no matter what she says, so long as she plays the faith card, the sheep will follow.

...but yes. Trump. It's a horror show.