• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Man, that Haiti situation is some crazy shit. sad

I can't help but to think how unfair this world is when the poorest of the poorest are always the ones struck by the worst disasters of this world.

As if that wasn't bad enough there are maniacs with machetes running around stealing food and water and looting.

And raping the women. It's really impossible for us in the West to fathom, no matter how much empathy we (think we) may have.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010
    horrible situation
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010 edited
    Greece! Stocks! Europe! Asia! Crash?! Wtf!

What happened!?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010
    Huh?
    Whatchou talkin' 'bout, Willis?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Where is this quote from?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    From an old TV series starring Gary Coleman: Dif'frent Strokes.
    It's absolutely awful to watch now, but it was pretty influential when it first aired in the seventies (black adoptees in a white family and all). The quote -pretty much Gary's slogan throughout the series- has become somewhat of a cultural icon in the US.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Oh OK. I only knew this from the caption of a Deborah Lurie's pic of her dog on Facebook. Her dog is called Willis, so I didn't get it could be any cultural reference. Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    Huh?
    Whatchou talkin' 'bout, Willis?

http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/e … en_vrijdag (in Dutch)
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ooooh. OK. Nothing surprising there. Everyone saw THAT one coming.
    Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain should simply never have been let into the Euro zone in the first place, and this exact scenario was on the books for about 9 years.

Sure, it leads to (temporary) unrest on the market, with investors jumping onto the more stable dollar now (which has some effects on the commodities market which traditionally is set in US Dollar). But the main concern is currently only that mainly Greece (angry I cannot believe its government hasn't resigned. The fraud they perpetrated now threatens global economic destabilization) and Portugal aren't able to contain their level of debt and will bring the Euro down even more.

It's a bump, but we'll get through it.
  3. OK, guys, can we count on a synopsis? What happened?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    PawelStroinski wrote
    OK, guys, can we count on a synopsis? What happened?

Yeah, my dutch isn´t very fluent.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nothing much exciting: due to the (ongoing) problems with the Greek and Portuguese (and Irish and Spanish) economies to contain their national debt (and the fact that Greece LIED about it to get into the Eurozone), the Euro has yielded some ground to the US Dollar, with predictable effects on the stock markets.

It's just a re-baselining while everyone is waiting what will happen.
    I would think the American job numbers which will be announced today will have a more significant impact.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Oh yes, I heard it yesterday in the news. Not that I watch them on a daily basis these days, too many depressing news (crisis, unemployement, debt,....).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ok, thanks Martijn! If this was written down before, 9 years ago, why hasn't been done anything about it?

Painful of Greece. You should start a revolution!!!!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    Ok, thanks Martijn! If this was written down before, 9 years ago, why hasn't been done anything about it?

Suspicions of fraud and neglect were never acted upon: the pressure was on to make the Eurozone as big as possible. There are good reasons for that, but unfortunately it also means there's been too big an emphasis on inclusion and too little on content (mark me: we will have this exact same problem when the hideously unstable Balkan countries come in!).

You should start a revolution!!!!

uhm

Do I look Greek?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I was talking to D and S.

As for the Balkans. When were they going to enter? I didn't know they were already part of it actually!?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    But when Balkans enter, we can have a Balkan dance as European hymn and throw away that classical piece of Bach (Bach right?)
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    (Bach right?)

Wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010 edited
    Bach, Beethoven, ... They all sound the same.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Quite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I clearly have not listened enough to Brahms.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote

Painful of Greece. You should start a revolution!!!!

A revolution of hot juicy Greek babes is already being formed. Watch out.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    A revolution of hot juicy Greek babes is already being formed. Watch out.

Where? Where?! lick lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Ooooh. OK. Nothing surprising there. Everyone saw THAT one coming.
    Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain should simply never have been let into the Euro zone in the first place, and this exact scenario was on the books for about 9 years.

Sure, it leads to (temporary) unrest on the market, with investors jumping onto the more stable dollar now (which has some effects on the commodities market which traditionally is set in US Dollar). But the main concern is currently only that mainly Greece (angry I cannot believe its government hasn't resigned. The fraud they perpetrated now threatens global economic destabilization) and Portugal aren't able to contain their level of debt and will bring the Euro down even more.

It's a bump, but we'll get through it.

Martijn, the world-wide financial state is problematic as we speak. The media is known to exaggerate events for awe and shock reasons and it's no surprise that this matter's gotten out of proportions. But this time there's the financial attacks against Euro. Britain (i don't see anyone questioning why the UK is even in the European Union) and the US have been constantly feeling threatened by the euro, especially with the enormous rise of it against their currencies during the past 2 years. This time they've found the opportunity to black-naming, vile attacking and blowing things completely out of proportions for people in key financial positions who Do take their words 100% to be eventually fooled which will result in a success of their attempts: sinking of the euro and inner-European turbulence (like someone clearly succeeded with the "word of mouth" spread of the world-wide financial crisis last year. The markets are fragile and filled with people who'll leave it off and run screaming once an organized "end of the world" lecture is up and spread in the media.)

Yes there are problems, undoubtedly, and Greece is one of them as well. But have you ever considered the amount of money countries with huge agricultural output like Spain and tourism (Spain, Greece, Italy practically hold the largest percentage of Europe's overall tourism each year) have been bringing into EU's funding treasuries? I haven't heard anyone saying a good word all these years.

Yes, now some of these countries are on a hold or even in a financial decrease due to various reasons, but the first action the members of the EU would expect are parenthood and removal of incompetent governments (like ours) instead of bitching, whining and hauling over the coals. Bad-mouthing E.U's own problematic members isn't going to help solve the situation and rather the contrary, it even reinforces the spiteful interferences in the eu finance and market by our friends the US and UK.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010
    Yes indeed. I still don't understand why there isn't anything considered from the EU? Or did I miss that part.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Am I (and markrayen) the only European member that's not part of the EU here?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010 edited
    I think there's a few others who're not part of the EU. Oliver (SirCaledor) lives in Switzerland for example. Steven, Timmer, Alan, James live in Great Britain.
    Kazoo
  4. Bregt, Great Britain IS in the European Union lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    And Jordi is not from this world, don´t forget that little detail.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Bregt, Great Britain IS in the European Union lol

No they're not! angry
    Kazoo