• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Trump might just loose all interest once he realizes how "Planet DC" works and quit in two years. On the other hand he might be to vain to do that.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2017
    Yeah, much too vain. He's extremely power-hungry.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2017
    The big spoilt kid got the toy he wanted, won't be long before he breaks it, bits are falling off already.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Thor wrote
    Yeah, much too vain. He's extremely power-hungry.

I disagree with that. He's not power-hungry, he's an attention whore. Once he realizes that being president has a lot more responsibility and a lot less limelight than running for president, he'll get quickly bored and let Mike Pence and his cabinet run the show. And that's what I'm most afraid of - have you seen some of the people he's hired? freezing
  3. I think Paul Ryan is my second best hated US politician. The smug perma-smile he has tattooed on his face (borrowed that wonderful phrasing) gives me the creeps.
    The crass opposite is Pence. Does that guy ever laugh?
    Not that there will be much to laugh about regarding American politics. slant

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2017
    Oh there'll be plenty to laugh about Captain, the kind that turns to tears.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. My no2 is probably Mitch McConnell. Fuck that guy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2017
    Sadly, there are too many to choose from.
  5. Well, you could hardly accuse Trump of going back on campaign promises. That's about the only positive I can take away from his time in office so far. Everything else - the muzzling of government agencies, the hostility and blatant lying to the press, the determination to go ahead with the wall, the horrific seven-country immigration ban - has been just terrifying to watch, far worse than I had even feared.

Can't remember the last time I was this afraid for the future. 9/11 maybe? Except I was too young to really grasp what was going on then.
  6. And it's not just those seven countries. No Muslims can even come to the US from those seven for the next 90 days, but then he's also not allowing any refugees from anywhere for the next four months while he gets his "extreme vetting" procedures in place. And he has suspended anyone coming from Syria indefinitely. I'm ashamed of my government.
  7. The White House is the opposite of Camelot now. It's Minas Morgul.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2017
    It is unbelievable what is happening in the USA right now. Those checks and balances have to come quickly before more damage is done I would think. But well, in Europe it hasn't gone much better lately. Some countries also build walls or start turning into themselves.

I'm tired of this man. The press is on it like zombies. He cannot even fart without full articles written about it (He tweets when he farts). It's all depressing.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2017 edited
    Bregt wrote
    It is unbelievable what is happening in the USA right now. Those checks and balances have to come quickly before more damage is done I would think. But well, in Europe it hasn't gone much better lately. Some countries also build walls or start turning into themselves.

I'm tired of this man. The press is on it like zombies. He cannot even fart without full articles written about it (He tweets when he farts). It's all depressing.

Absolutely. My facebook feed is full of Trump every single day, and while I welcome all opposition in the next four years, I'm getting tired of seeing his bloated face every day.

As for checks and balances, I'm worried about the effectiveness of that when both bodies (both legislative and judicial) are dominated by Republicans. Sure, some of those may also oppose Trump's policies, but they're not enough people. And 'power hunger' seems more prevalent in the US than most other industrialized places.

There's a new season of HOUSE OF CARDS coming up, but I think that will be fairly 'kindergarten' compared to the madness of REAL LIFE right now.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote

Absolutely. My facebook feed is full of Trump every single day, and while I welcome all opposition in the next four years, I'm getting tired of seeing his bloated face every day.

As for checks and balances, I'm worried about the effectiveness of that when both bodies (both legislative and judicial) are dominated by Republicans. Sure, some of those may also oppose Trump's policies, but they're not enough people. And 'power hunger' seems more prevalent in the US than most other industrialized places.

There's a new season of HOUSE OF CARDS coming up, but I think that will be fairly 'kindergarten' compared to the madness of REAL LIFE right now.

Trump is Republican only by name. In fact the party is as strange to him as any other. Even Trump will soon discover that he cannot reign by bypassing parliament or the courts. He also can't run the country by alianating all the leading personell in the apparatus.

Volker
  9. Sure he can. All he has to do is fire them and replace them with his stooges. Been working so far.
  10. No, it didn't. His unqualified "stooges" work out laughable decrees that will be nullified by courts. Even strongly conservative judges won't flat out bend the law. And Republican congressmen and Senators will follow Trump just as long as it doesn't hurt their reputation back home.
  11. So far they seem to be doing a pretty good job of flat-out ignoring the courts, without any sort of ramifications. Guess we'll have to see how it all shakes out.
  12. Laws take a long time to get to the Supreme Court. FDR's "New Deal" with America was full of unconstitutional measures to help the poor, and many of them were struck down by the courts, but usually not right away. Several of Pres. Obama's executive orders were overturned by the court, but again, not for a while. It can take years. The biggest grievances usually only take months.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2017
    So how come Obama gets to implement the Muslim ban and whatnot without any opposition from any of the other branches?
    I am extremely serious.
  13. Obama?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2017 edited
    Ha, ha...where the hell did THAT come from? I'm not even drunk! I meant Trump, of course.
    I am extremely serious.
  14. Straw Conservative: If Barack Hussein Obama banned Muslims he'd have to leave the country himself!
  15. Yeah. Good thing they legalized same sex marriages in some US states by now since Michele is really a man.
  16. Even if that's the case, remember that Michelle still has bigger hands than Trump!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  17. Aaaaaand now Trump wants to increase military spending by 10% (54 billion dollars), because if there's one thing the USA doesn't spend enough money on, it's the fucking military.

suicide
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2017
    So about time the people of Netherlands realized what scum of the earth the Turks are wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  18. Next time keep your sweeping xenophobic generalizations to yourself, please. rolleyes
  19. Indeed. About 25 % of my students are of Turkish decent and they are as decent (or not) as anyone else. I don't like to see them targeted. Although I am aware that Greek-Turkish relations are burdened for various reasons.

Volker
  20. That's no excuse. You can't lay the blame for a country's actions (past or present) at the feet of every single citizen of that country, or person descended from that country. I certainly wouldn't want anybody judging me by Trump. slant
  21. To explain doesn't mean to excuse. I'm right with you, Edmund.