• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2017
    Interestingly the Revolutionary Guard is now accusing SAUDI ARABIA to be the brains behind the attack.
    Iran versus Saudi Arabia, or - to keep with pop culture references- Goldfinger vs. Blofeld, Darth Vader vs. Ming, Nazis vs. Stalinists.
    This is exceeding my wildest dreams and expectations.
    Popcorn time!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. You know what happened when ISIS attacked targets in Israel?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Yes, I heard. They apologized.

Wut.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    My only explanation for why they might've apologized is thus: As Trump said, they're "Evil Losers". They're fine suicide bombing soft-targets and killing little girls in a concert, but they're afraid to attack the only nuclear power in the region, the only nation that has managed to defeat decades of constant terrorism, the only nation that has held its own when attacked by every bordering country.

Essentially, I believe they're cowards. They're content to murder people with less power than them, but they'd rather hang back and let Hamas harry Israel: That's too big a fish for them.

Possible theory, I suppose.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2017
    From the Daily Mail:

[Former Israeli defence minister] Moshe Ya'alon was apparently referring to a clash in the Golan Heights - where Israel and Syria have a border - last November in which four fighters from the IS-affiliated Khalid ibn al-Walid Army were killed.

During the attack, IDF soldiers exchanged fire with the terrorist group but the battle was soon over when Israeli tanks and planes crushed the jihadis.

Speaking to reporters in Afula, northern Israel, the Times of Israel quoted Mr Ya'alon as saying: 'There was one case recently where Daesh [IS] opened fire and apologized.'
    He did not expand on his remark and the Israeli army refused to comment.

Under Israeli law, it is technically illegal to communicate with a terrorist group because they are classed as 'enemy agents' - raising questions as to how exactly the apology was delivered.

But a clue might be found in the testimony of Jürgen Todenhöfer, the German man who spent 10 days inside the Islamic State in 2014.

He told the Jewish News the only country IS fighters feared is Israel.
    'They told me they know the Israeli army is too strong for them,' he said.
    He added: 'They are not scared of the British and the Americans, they are scared of the Israelis and told me the Israeli army is the real danger.'

Mr. Ya'alon's comment about the apology was related to his country's strategy in the Syrian Civil War.
    They have remained out of the fight for the most part, but have hit back hard when fighting spills into the Israeli Golan Heights - land Israel took from Syria in the 1967 Six-Day War.

Seems like part (Israeli) grandstanding, part (IS) common sense to me.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2017 edited
    The UK elections. I can't believe so much time is being wasted. Instead of moving on, it now returned back in time regarding the Brexit. It all looks so frustrating.

I also don't understand that Ukippers voted more for Labour now. dizzy And more young people went to vote. Couldn't they have voted last year instead?

What a crazy country.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2017
    A lot of Ukippers came from Labour in the first place, so that bit I do understand. But that's basically the only bit. Nothing else that happened during the campaign or in the result makes any sense to me, but it's the third national vote in three years and it makes three out of three shocks. Got to be a reasonable chance that there'll be another election within the next 12 months (if not sooner) and Jeremy Corbyn could be facing his third Tory opponent in as many years - and win. The odds on that happening when he was elected Labour leader as basically a laughing stock in 2015 must have been only marginally shorter than the odds of Thor getting married to Michael Giacchino.
  2. Southall wroteThe odds on that happening when he was elected Labour leader as basically a laughing stock in 2015 must have been only marginally shorter than the odds of Thor getting married to Michael Giacchino.

The bookie's take bets on that, don't they? wink biggrin
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2017
    Gunman opened fire on Republican Congressman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2017
    I know this isn't a world event but I hope all members in the Caribean and Florida are/will be safe during the passing of Irma.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Houston first and now this. I'm safe in Minnesota smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I read that Minnesota had the worst drought since a very long time? A catastrophe for farmers.
    Kazoo
  3. Our own Caliburn (Anton) is in Cuba right now. He hunkered down in a hotel in Havana to wait out the storm.
  4. It baffles me that it seems there will be no state-organised evacuations from Florida before the hurricane hits. I was reading that there's no kind of emergency service response ahead of the crisis never mind during the event. I was hearing of a state official saying that once the wind gets above 40mph there will be no help at all as all help will be stood down. And there's no point phoning 911 as there will be no one to help. I assume that once the wind gets back down to below 40mph then people can call for help and the emergency services can pick up the pieces.

Is this true that everyone is left to fend for themselves?

I have been watching a documentary series about the RLNI. Imagine if they wouldn't launch their boats if it was too windy?

Perhaps my disbelief that there is no help available during the hurricane's landfall gives an indication of my lack of being able to grasp the magnitude of what the problems are but to not help evacuate prior to the arrival just seems wrong.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2017
    Bregt wrote
    I read that Minnesota had the worst drought since a very long time? A catastrophe for farmers.

we've had over 40 inches of precipitation this year. i've never seen it so green. like you we're waiting for snow, yikes
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    you would think Alan that they would have some sort of evacuation plan but they don't
  5. sdtom wrote
    you would think Alan that they would have some sort of evacuation plan but they don't

It does seem that they are left to fend for themselves. I know that the US is a very car-centric society but how are people meant to leave if they have no car?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I think you invited a new car my friend but you are correct with the cars. You had first hand knowledge when you came to San Diego. I guessthey leave by public transportation.
  6. sdtom wrote
    I guessthey leave by public transportation.

lol they're doomed
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2017
    muricans are gathering to shoot at irma with guns wink lel

and right when trump was dissing the whole global warming phenomenon a couple of months back wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. Demetris wrote
    muricans are gathering to shoot at irma with guns wink lel

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/flor … 11921.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2017
    I have returned from Cuba yesterday. Irma was no joke in Cuba, and I will never forget this experience. I had to spend a full week in Havana, ruining my vacation and of course the lives of many Cubans.

The government of Cuba has evacuated every one in the most dangerous zones. Something the USA should take notice from.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2017 edited
    Caliburn wrote I had to spend a full week in Havana, ruining my vacation and of course the lives of many Cubans.

your post is serious but taken by itself, this sentence is hilarious.

glad you made it out okay.
  8. Caliburn wrote
    I have returned from Cuba yesterday. Irma was no joke in Cuba, and I will never forget this experience. I had to spend a full week in Havana, ruining my vacation and of course the lives of many Cubans.

The government of Cuba has evacuated every one in the most dangerous zones. Something the USA should take notice from.

Glad you're okay!
  9. Disappointing results from the German federal elections last night, especially that about 13% of my countrymen (and emphasis on the men in that word) seem to be OK voting for a party that openly courts neo-Nazis. I'm not saying that everyone who put an X next to the AfD is a Nazi themselves, but they are at the very least enabling those sorts of beliefs for the purposes of a vague, uninformed "fuck politics" protest vote (sound familiar?). I'm glad to see that so far no serious party seems willing to give them the time of day, but if that voter base continues to swell, how long before someone is tempted to make a deal with the devil, so to speak? Merkel can't ignore them anymore, yesterday she was already starting to talk about how to win those votes back...which means concessions to stances that I find completely abhorrent.

slant
  10. I agree about the nationalist AfD. As I am myself a member of Merkel's centrist-conservative CDU party, I would welcome a moderate course correction to the right, without imitating the populists. How they will forge a reliable coalition with the left leaning Greens under this conditions remains to be seen.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2017
    yikes
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2017
    On the off chance someone on the board is from Las Vegas, hope you're safe.
  11. Another horrible attack in the U.S. ISIS takes responsibility. I'm surprised it's not by a Muslim. But apparently he's a convert. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2017
    DreamTheater wrote
    Another horrible attack in the U.S. ISIS takes responsibility. I'm surprised it's not by a Muslim. But apparently he's a convert. sad

That doesn't make sense. A convert is a Muslim.