• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2017
    Demetris wrote
    I love Canadians who are gentle mellow etc

May I introduce you to our resident Canadian, Erik?
    I think you may not have met...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. So they have finally formed a coalition government in the Netherlands. I hope it won't take seven month in Germany.

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Given there's really only one option I can't see how it would. The Grüne are going to have to sell out on some issues, the only question is how much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2017 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Demetris wrote
    I love Canadians who are gentle mellow etc

May I introduce you to our resident Canadian, Erik?
    I think you may not have met...

I think Erik is the only Canadian redneck i've personally met so far in my life wink beer :loveu:
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2017
    *red-blooded wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2017
    Everyone complains about big pharma, big tobacco, but nobody complains about big biscuits. I don't get it. They're paying off the politicians.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2017
    confused
    Southall wrote
    Everyone complains about big pharma, big tobacco, but nobody complains about big biscuits. I don't get it. They're paying off the politicians.

??? confused
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2017
    For every fifth or liter of hard liquor sold in Minnesota there is a tax of 2.50 a bottle. 83,000 lost their lives in the US last year due to alcohol in some way. Little is done.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2017
    "Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me "old," when I would NEVER call him "short and fat?" Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!" - Our President.

I'm unsure whether to laugh or cry.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2018 edited
    I cannot quite believe it but Mr Putin has won the Russian election. Which of us can honestly say that we predicted that?
  3. I genuinely have come to believe that he's the single most dangerous person in the world right now. I would weep no tears if he were to mysteriously keel over and die in a dramatically ironic manner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2018
    amen to that
  4. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I genuinely have come to believe that he's the single most dangerous person in the world right now. I would weep no tears if he were to mysteriously keel over and die in a dramatically ironic manner.

He is. And with his counterpart on the other side of the pond the cold war is in full bloom again. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2018 edited
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I genuinely have come to believe that he's the single most dangerous person in the world right now. I would weep no tears if he were to mysteriously keel over and die in a dramatically ironic manner.

yeah, Putin doesn't seem to have many redeeming characteristics. Worst of all is that his program of sowing discord and polarization in the United States has worked perfectly. Michael Moore attended a big anti-Trump rally and it turned out to be organized by.... Russian agents. Turns out a popular right-wing blogger was.... a Russian agent. They're playing both sides and trying to set them against each other and doing an excellent job.

very, very dangerous person.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2018
    I live far away from Texas but these bombings are sobering and frightening. It gives perspective - limited, limited perspective - about what the lives of others who deal with such things regularly must be like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    What a world we live in today!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Well it appears the bomber is dead.

What a world indeed! Technically a lesser rate of violence than ever, but we see every detail of it now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I hope he's gone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2018 edited
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2018
    If they could find a way of getting a miniature gun in there to the foetus so it could start killing people as soon as it’s born I’m sure they would. The sanctity of life only seems to apply from conception to birth to these crazy weirdos in America (and literally nowhere else).
  5. I wonder if the US' international standing has ever been worse than it is right now? Certainly not since the Civil War. They've lost so much respect it seems like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2018
    At the very least I’m glad they recognize cases of rape and incest, in which cases exceptions are made. I think that actually is progress.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2018 edited
    Southall wrote
    If they could find a way of getting a miniature gun in there to the foetus so it could start killing people as soon as it’s born I’m sure they would. The sanctity of life only seems to apply from conception to birth to these crazy weirdos in America (and literally nowhere else).

This is a ridiculous strawman portrait of pro life conservatives such as myself, hardly worth dignifying with a refutation. Come on, guys.
  6. Crossing the border to some realm of reason for those who can afford it or getting unqualified help from quacks for those who cannot is all that will ever be achieved by such laws.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2018 edited
    Terrible news of earthquakes on the island of Lombok, Indonesia. Around a hundred reported dead so far. sad

I was on the island just a year ago this month - having my own personal problems - and I befriended a small group of locals from the North (the worst affected area by all accounts). They helped me out immensely during my meltdown; I do hope they are ok. :/
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2018
    There is no news on this anywhere in the major Norwegian news outlets. Strange.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2018
    I haven't seen anything in American news either, but thankfully they're covering more important things, like Trump tweeting about LeBron James.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2018
    LSH wrote
    Terrible news of earthquakes on the island of Lombok, Indonesia. Around a hundred reported dead so far. sad

I was on the island just a year ago this month - having my own personal problems - and I befriended a small group of locals from the North (the worst affected area by all accounts). They helped me out immensely during my meltdown; I do hope they are ok. :/

I totally understand your feelings for the loss of life in this disaster ( which has had some coverage here in the UK ), it always affects you that much more when you've been to a country and fall in love with its culture and people, it becomes more personal. You feel like you know these people so, for example, I can't connect with a disaster in say Haiti or Turkey, two places I haven't been as I can with disasters that have happened in the likes of Nepal or Thailand where I've made many friends and feel like I know the people. It's just part of the human condition I guess? Does anyone else feel the same?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2018
    Aidabaida wrote
    I haven't seen anything in American news either, but thankfully they're covering more important things, like Trump tweeting about LeBron James.

biggrin

Yup! Here in the UK it's anti-Semitism in the Labour party to distract from anything more important.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. Events in Lombok have been covered here in Germany. But dominating the news is a ghostly debate about reintroducing the military conscription which was suspended a few years ago.

Volker