• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE DUELLISTS - Howard Blake

Hmmmmmm? I'll need a few more listens to get my head around this.

To heck with The Duellists....

NP : THE RIDDLE OF THE SANDS - Howard Blake

love

NP : THE RIDDLE OF THE SANDS - Howard Blake

Wow! Third time I've listened to this today, fantastic score with a gorgeous 'mysterioso' theme. Along with Horner's The Journey of Natty Gann & Star Trek II this is the 3rd score I've purchased this year where I just had to play it over and over again.

punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Do I have to listen Barry's Somwhere in time?

I don't know? Do you have to listen to Barry's Somewhere In Time!??
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    DemonStar wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Kung Fu Panda (Powell and Zimmer)

One of my favourites scores of both composers.

each listen you discover a new instrument into the orchestrations. Simply AMAZING!

"sacred pool of tears" is a masterpiece in his own.

I've been ADDICTED to this since a few weeks. Love it, one of the most fun scores from last year.

I've been addicted to this score since it was released. It never gets boring, even after repeated listens. Such great energy, themes, and action music.
  1. Empire: Total War (Richard Beddow, Richard Birdsall, Walter Nair, Simon Ravn)

From the guys behind Viking: Battle For Asgard, high on action cues and rousing battles, this score for the PC strategy game is just what you need if you want your scores to have an agressive sound. Fully orchestral, it features battle themes interspersed with more ambient music to provide some variety. But the emphasis is definitely on the action music. Only downside with this more than decent score, is the lack of a central theme. The music just goes all out with rhythmic force and repeating string lines during the bombastic cues, though without any sort of theme to keep it all together. I find it really enjoyable though because of the strong orchestration.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009 edited
    NP : THE KNACK ( And How To Get It ) - John Barry

A little taster right HERE for Martijn, otherwise he'll get me for not pointing out great themes to him, though this ISN'T the theme I wanted to present, I wanted to find the Main Title with the way out funky hammond organ / waltz / spooky choir, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be up on youtube!??
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Perhaps he does - or perhaps not. It was, after all, his question. I can't think of any reason that he would have to, but I'm not yet (despite my best efforts) fully versed in Spanish law.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Haunting - Jerry Goldsmith

One of his better latter-day efforts, I think. Very effective in the film, very strong album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Kingdom of Heaven ~ Harry Gregson-Williams

A very worthy effort, in tune with the atmoshpere of the film. The chorus pieces are wonderful and the themes sometimes carry you to another world. I particularly like the Ibelien theme in the variation of its first appearance in A New World.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  2. Stavroula wrote
    NP: Kingdom of Heaven ~ Harry Gregson-Williams

A very worthy effort, in tune with the atmoshpere of the film. The chorus pieces are wonderful and the themes sometimes carry you to another world. I particularly like the Ibelien theme in the variation of its first appearance in A New World.

Freaky! I posted almost exactly the same post - right down to the remark about 'A New World' last week! smile
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Perhaps he does - or perhaps not. It was, after all, his question. I can't think of any reason that he would have to, but I'm not yet (despite my best efforts) fully versed in Spanish law.

Will he even bother to reply???
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly - Ennio Morricone

For some reason*, I had to listen to this again.

*wait, I know the reason - because it's fucking awesome.

Thank you. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    YES...IT IS!!!

GENIUS!!!! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009 edited
    edit
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    CONGO - JERRY GOLDSMITH

Goldsmith simply rocks..... punk Even though, the length of the score is short, i can find quality in each and every track of this album. AWESOME!. No bail out is really great track.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Slumbdog Milionare

Ahahahahahahahhahahahahahha, ahahahhahhahahahahahah

Why Im playing this???????????????????????????????? I found in my files..... dizzy tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    rolleyes shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Slumbdog Milionare

Ahahahahahahahhahahahahahha, ahahahhahhahahahahahah

That´s the best review I´ve read about this work.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Come on....Enough!

NP:Logan's Run (Goldsmith)

After to watch the movie, this score is more enjoyable. Not because the movie is good but I feel inside the Kitch and camp Sci Fiction the movie is.

I don't know how "innovative" the synth effects in this score were in his time, because it sounds the average synth sound of the 60's and 70's. Can Anyone tell me if Goldsmith invented this sound or he only used it?

it still sound a Game Boy midi, but there a great of couple of gorgeous tracks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    NP: THE MUMMY [EXPANDED] - JERRY GOLDSMITH

Great great score, indeed! This is one of the greatest work of Jerry Goldsmith. Nice mixture of Arabian and Western music. BEAUTIFUL. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Sunil wrote
    NP: THE MUMMY [EXPANDED] - JERRY GOLDSMITH

Great great score, indeed! This is one of the greatest work of Jerry Goldsmith. Nice mixture of Arabian and Western music. BEAUTIFUL. punk

Glad you like it, it's one of my all-time favourites by maestro Goldsmith! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Very strange to me, when you say "Glad you like it", so, you mean to say that this score was appreciated by very less no of people? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Eh? Can't it mean we're happy for you to "join our big kewl league"? wink
  3. Returner (Akihiko Matsumoto)

The music from the fun japanese action / sci-fi film. If it weren't for the absolutely gorgeous orchestral cues that feature near the end, this would have been far less interesting. If you don't mind a variety of different musical styles, ranging from piano cues to techno beats, soft rock to ambient this could be for you, with the added treat of some stunning orchestral / choral tracks.

Immediately followed by totally clashing in style:

Cocoon (James Horner)

I love this, old-school Horner at his best. I omitted the song this time and am playing in the correct order, which is a more consistent listen. The finale music 'The Chase' followed by 'The Ascension' is totally brilliant. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cocoon is a fantastic score! ( hate HATE the song, which, by the way, is nothing to do with Horner )
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    Cocoon is a fantastic score! ( hate HATE the song, which, by the way, is nothing to do with Horner )

I need strawberries for so many sugar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Frost/Nixon (Zimmer)

I try hard to enjoy what most of the people thinks is one of Zimmer's best scores since The Thin Red line.

It really is?

The opening cue is great and highly enjoyable, but just because is The ring! tongue
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Returner (Akihiko Matsumoto)

The music from the fun japanese action / sci-fi film. If it weren't for the absolutely gorgeous orchestral cues that feature near the end, this would have been far less interesting. If you don't mind a variety of different musical styles, ranging from piano cues to techno beats, soft rock to ambient this could be for you, with the added treat of some stunning orchestral / choral tracks.

aha, my review ignited you to hear it once more wink

NP: BATTLESTAR SEASON 3 --- Bear McCreary

Another good selection of diverse cues
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Paycheck - John Powell

Superb! Powell definitely has a full grasp on what a contemporary score should sound like. His mixture of electronics and symphony, IMHO, is unmatched. Easily one of the most gifted composers work in Hollywood today who is taking film music to that NEXT level!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Easily one of the most gifted composers work in Hollywood today who is taking film music to that NEXT level!

And easily his best score after The Bourne Supremacy.