• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    And Ennio.

I've no doubt he could, but it would probably bore me shitless.

Send all hate mail to 123 Fake Street, Notrealchester, Madeupistan.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009 edited
    SEND ALL HATE MAIL TO ME AND I'LL PASS IT ON!!! devil
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    THE OMEN - JERRY GOLDSMITH

One of the best score of Jerry Goldsmith. However, i think this score should be played in night hours. biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: E.T. - John Williams

...the BRILLIANT original LP presentation...

I was trying to find it... is it this one?
    http://www.soundtrack.net/albums/database/?id=838

So is it no longer available, except at auctions etc.? sad
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Road to El Dorado (Expanded).

That's one of the reasons a lot of people, included me, stoped to buy so many scores.

I bought Road to El dorado in 2000. 14 songs by Elthon John with pop arrengements (Ok, "panic in me" was co-composed by Zimmer and has some nice final strings and vocals composition), and 12 minutes of score. We had to wait 9 years for the Bootleg with the songs.

The songs with the movie arrengements are a highly an improvement. I can't say the arrengements are from Zimmer's team because I remember watching the movie credits and I saw a couple of guys who I didn't and I don't know). "

friends never Say Goodbye" film version contains some instrumental version of one of Zimmer's themes.And it's actually pretty good.

WOW! AFTER 9 YEARS I REALISE "PANIC IN ME" IS ACTUALLY A VERSION OF "CHELDORADO" shame shame shame shocked shocked shocked shocked

It seems yours is not what I got...

I don't exactly know what it is (not official in any way). It has 11 tracks without songs and its track titles are messed up I think... A piece called The gods are here is actually Cheldorado from official album, and Cheldorado on this bootleg is the first part of Wonders Of The New World dizzy

Anyway... I haven't seen the movie (it's not in rental stores and the DVD is too expensive tongue ), but I got it recently because I loved the first part of Wonders Of The New World heard at SST. It's so fun, sounds very Powell, a little quirky like Ice Age 2. It's also so catchy that I often find myself humming it.

As for other tracks, well, I like The Brig. It's like Spanglish prequel biggrin I heard the string trio Triology is also performed in this score, but it seems it's the only one track featuring them? That's a waste dizzy

I also enjoyed The gods are here - or Cheldorado? whatever the title is - which is a bit addictive. But I found the rest tracks too eclectic and boring...

NP: A track named Cheldorado, I mean, Powell's theme from Wonders Of The New World. Love it cool
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Outcast (Lennie Moore)

One of the most brilliant videogame scores out there. Such power, themes and sheer musical creativity has only been heard in the MOH scores, Lair and a handful of others. The recording and performances are breathtaking! I dare you not to feel goosebumps when the full force of the Moscow Symphony Orchestra and Chorus is unleashed upon you. And it features a duduk during one of the middle-eastern inspired cues. This soundtrack is truly mindblowing.

The choir is just amazing!!! Even more powerful than in the LOTR scores.

punk punk punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Mary Shelley's Frankenstein Patrick Doyle

The first time I heard 'The Creation' was live with Doyle (and Arnold) in the audience. So yeah, pretty awesome stuff.
  1. NP: Ashes of Time Redux (Wu Tong, Frankie Chan, Roel Garcia, Li Xun)

The score by Chan and Garcia was re-arranged, partially re-composed, and re-recorded for orchestra by Wu Tong and Li Xun for the re-release of the film in 2008. This soundtrack is beautiful. The melodies - while falling short of Morricone's sophisticated voice - have some of the power I associate with the melodies of ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Ashes of Time Redux (Wu Tong, Frankie Chan, Roel Garcia, Li Xun)

The score by Chan and Garcia was re-arranged, partially re-composed, and re-recorded for orchestra by Wu Tong and Li Xun for the re-release of the film in 2008. This soundtrack is beautiful. The melodies - while falling short of Morricone's sophisticated voice - have some of the power I associate with the melodies of ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST.

OK. I'll take your word. Just bought it. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Behind Enemy Lines - Don Davis

The solo trumpet and choir in Ustago are lovely! Some very chilling action music too.
  2. Great and underrated (because of lack of official release) score. Somebody talk to Varese about releasing it in Club form!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Miya wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: E.T. - John Williams

...the BRILLIANT original LP presentation...

I was trying to find it... is it this one?
    http://www.soundtrack.net/albums/database/?id=838

So is it no longer available, except at auctions etc.? sad

I believe so yes, but it's not too difficult to find. I picked up a copy on ebay a few weeks ago for 99p plus £1 postage, a real bargain!
  4. Steven wrote
    Mary Shelley's Frankenstein Patrick Doyle

The first time I heard 'The Creation' was live with Doyle (and Arnold) in the audience. So yeah, pretty awesome stuff.

I cannot begin to imagine how awesome that must've been.

I love that score. If only Doyle still wrote like that, the romantic and the macabre, the chills & thrills on one album...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Conan the barbarian - Basil Poledouris

My Basil Poledouris DVD arrived today from Screen Archives which I'm gonna watch later tonight , so I'm getting into a bit of a Poledouris mood ... smile Neighbours be warned !! biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Neighbours be damned.....BY CROM!!! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE PERFECT STORM - James Horner

punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

punk cool

Indeed!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Miya wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Road to El Dorado (Expanded).

That's one of the reasons a lot of people, included me, stoped to buy so many scores.

I bought Road to El dorado in 2000. 14 songs by Elthon John with pop arrengements (Ok, "panic in me" was co-composed by Zimmer and has some nice final strings and vocals composition), and 12 minutes of score. We had to wait 9 years for the Bootleg with the songs.

The songs with the movie arrengements are a highly an improvement. I can't say the arrengements are from Zimmer's team because I remember watching the movie credits and I saw a couple of guys who I didn't and I don't know). "

friends never Say Goodbye" film version contains some instrumental version of one of Zimmer's themes.And it's actually pretty good.

WOW! AFTER 9 YEARS I REALISE "PANIC IN ME" IS ACTUALLY A VERSION OF "CHELDORADO" shame shame shame shocked shocked shocked shocked

It seems yours is not what I got...

I don't exactly know what it is (not official in any way). It has 11 tracks without songs and its track titles are messed up I think... A piece called The gods are here is actually Cheldorado from official album, and Cheldorado on this bootleg is the first part of Wonders Of The New World dizzy

Anyway... I haven't seen the movie (it's not in rental stores and the DVD is too expensive tongue ), but I got it recently because I loved the first part of Wonders Of The New World heard at SST. It's so fun, sounds very Powell, a little quirky like Ice Age 2. It's also so catchy that I often find myself humming it.

As for other tracks, well, I like The Brig. It's like Spanglish prequel biggrin I heard the string trio Triology is also performed in this score, but it seems it's the only one track featuring them? That's a waste dizzy

I also enjoyed The gods are here - or Cheldorado? whatever the title is - which is a bit addictive. But I found the rest tracks too eclectic and boring...

NP: A track named Cheldorado, I mean, Powell's theme from Wonders Of The New World. Love it cool

You have the wrong one. " Cheldorado" and "The Brig" are Zimmer's pieces. Very loungey, bouncy and cool compositions for a small ensemble. The Wonders of the World track is by John Powell, noted by the big string and brass writing that John does so often now on his animation scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Driving Miss Daisy - Hans Zimmer.

I haven't listened to this one for a while now. I love how melodic it is and the synthesizer work is part of the charm, even though it dates the movie more than it should.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NP: LOST (SEASON 3) - Michael Giacchino

Giving more rolleyes ( tongue ) at the comical track titles. Just spotted the incredibly (but clearly not so) obvious "Eko Of The Past". biggrin
  5. Sunil wrote
    THE OMEN - JERRY GOLDSMITH

One of the best score of Jerry Goldsmith. However, i think this score should be played in night hours. biggrin

Neighbor: "Sunil, I had this weird dream last night; evil music was playing and someone was yelling 'Hail Satin' in Latin."
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    lp wrote
    NP: Driving Miss Daisy - Hans Zimmer.

I haven't listened to this one for a while now. I love how melodic it is and the synthesizer work is part of the charm, even though it dates the movie more than it should.

It's a pity it wasn't a small acoustic ensemble instead of synth, but even so, this score has a lot of charm. It's probably my favourite Zimmer theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Cheri - Alexandre Desplat

Another score that's full of charm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Peter Pan - James Newton Howard

Flying is such a great track! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Julie & Julia - Alexandre Desplat

If Demetris thinks The Queen is saccharine then I can't imagine what he's going to make of this one. Probably the most lightweight Desplat score I've heard - but sometimes that's what you need. It's lovely and charming and short enough that its lightweight nature doesn't really matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

punk cool

Now that's a friggin' proper score. punk
    None of this lightweight, lovely and charming nonsense!
  6. Southall wrote

Still the closest thing I've heard to a great score this year. Would that the film was so good, but it's a bit confused. I was sad to notice when I saw the film that there is a theme, which appears in a couple of early cues, which is absent from the album. It would have been nice to get it in during the spell where the CHERI album feels slightly repetitive.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: The Horse Whisperer - Thomas Newman

Having an early night but just lying in bed with a few tracks playing to completely unwind before sleeping.

This is working a treat.

cool
  7. NEEDFUL THINGS by Patrick Doyle

Choirs are the devils best friend.
    I'm your Piper at the gates of dawn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    Southall wrote

Still the closest thing I've heard to a great score this year.

shocked

It probably is very good, but I can't even finish the album it's so mind-numbingly boring!