• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2009
    NP: Drag Me To Hell....Christopher Young Needless to say I am certainly not the target market for this film and when I saw the cover front and back I even said to myself why bother except for one thing. It is Christopher Young. There are some nice parts.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    NP: Drag Me To Hell....Christopher Young Needless to say I am certainly not the target market for this film and when I saw the cover front and back I even said to myself why bother except for one thing. It is Christopher Young. There are some nice parts.
    Thomas

There are some NICE parts?! Indeed the understatement of the YEAR!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Mary Shelley's Frankenstein Patrick Doyle

The first time I heard 'The Creation' was live with Doyle (and Arnold) in the audience. So yeah, pretty awesome stuff.

That score is brilliant, note 1 to end. Fully symphonic and thematic attack, so much for Doyle who is overrated and actually not so much of a good composer rolleyes
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Who ever said that??
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

There are some NICE parts?! Indeed the understatement of the YEAR!

-Erik-

Massive, HELLRAISER-like material, brutally dark and with a mindblowing sound, what else do you want? The man's the master of modern horror film music and he constantly proves it. He has my outmost respect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Who ever said that??

Various hints, esp. for his HARRY POTTER score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I believe it was Jordi??
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Grimble Gromble wrote
    NEEDFUL THINGS by Patrick Doyle

Choirs are the devils best friend.

As dictated by the master of creepy choirs, Jerry Goldsmith wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE PERFECT STORM - James Horner

punk cool

Indeed!

-Erik-

Friggin rockin score! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

I could imagine this score with a 100 piece orchestra as really nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: Solar Max - Nigel Westlake

It's been too long since I last played this CD.
    I'd almost forgotten how beautiful and inspiring this score to the Imax film is!
    Wonderful themes with various choral and ethnic sections.
    Nigel Westlake is a composer we'd hear a lot more from in a 'perfect world'!
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Hear Hear.

...and a perfect world with more Westlake music, I hope it will be soon! I got the DVD of Solarmax and the CD that came with it. Evocative music and I love the rambunctious percussive moments.

NP Un Prophète Alexandre Desplat

First listen. Slow elongated melodic lines for the strings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Eric wrote
    NP : Conan the barbarian - Basil Poledouris

My Basil Poledouris DVD arrived today from Screen Archives which I'm gonna watch later tonight , so I'm getting into a bit of a Poledouris mood ... smile Neighbours be warned !! biggrin

Absolutely amazing score, the "Riders Of Doom" theme is really terrific! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    THE SPITFIRE GRILL - JAMES HORNER

Lovely score! i like solo piano piece, it just haunting, moving and heart touching.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Grimble Gromble wrote
    NEEDFUL THINGS by Patrick Doyle

Choirs are the devils best friend.

As dictated by the master of creepy choirs, Jerry Goldsmith wink

Of course. tongue
    I'm your Piper at the gates of dawn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Julie & Julia - Alexandre Desplat

A really lovely score which is bound to appeal to the more feminine members of our community (such as the women).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

The first time I heard 'The Creation' was live with Doyle (and Arnold) in the audience. So yeah, pretty awesome stuff.

That score is brilliant, note 1 to end. Fully symphonic and thematic attack, so much for Doyle who is overrated and actually not so much of a good composer rolleyes

Have you seen the film? The score is atrociously overbearing. (In fairness the film is pretty bad anyway so it doesn't really matter.)
  3. Steven wrote

It probably is very good, but I can't even finish the album it's so mind-numbingly boring!

Now now now. Saying things like that won't make me like the score any less, only your opinion of it. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. James Horner - Clear and Present Danger

While reading the original Clancy novel!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    Steven wrote

It probably is very good, but I can't even finish the album it's so mind-numbingly boring!

Now now now. Saying things like that won't make me like the score any less, only your opinion of it. wink

Oh but it will, it'll gnaw away at you until you come to realise I was right all along. biggrin

In all seriousness, I'm sure there's a worthy score here... but it's a less than consoling thought whenever I've listened to it (which is very few times). For me, it's one of those "I'd much rather be listening to something else" scores.

Give Desplat more action films!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    PawelStroinski wrote
    James Horner - Clear and Present Danger

While reading the original Clancy novel!

Apart from a couple of dud tracks in the middle of the album, that's one fine Horner action score. Can't tell you how many times I've listened to those first three tracks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Have you seen the film? The score is atrociously overbearing. (In fairness the film is pretty bad anyway so it doesn't really matter.)

I have; the film is so bad i didn't mind the music, it was the only element that kept me and made me go throw the entire thing wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince ~Nicholas Hooper

Revisiting it after watching the film last night. Oddly enought I like Malfoy's theme. It's something refreshing in the course of a score whivh tries to fit great older themes and new ones with less of a strength in them acousticly.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: The Incredibles - Michael Giacchino

Probably this emoticon is the most appropriate to describe this score.

cool
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2009 edited
    I respectfully disagree.

cylon < Frozone wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    It looks more like Syndrome's omnidroid biggrin
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Mmm, true, it just need the "head" sticking out the top. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE PERFECT STORM - James Horner

punk cool

Now that's a friggin' proper score. punk
    None of this lightweight, lovely and charming nonsense!

I'm inclined to agree with you, on the whole I prefer my scores with a healthy helping of meat on the bones. Of course, there is always a time when 'lightweight, lovely and charming' has it's moments too though these klinds of scores can sort of drift over you unnoticed at times.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Eric wrote
    NP : Conan the barbarian - Basil Poledouris

My Basil Poledouris DVD arrived today from Screen Archives which I'm gonna watch later tonight , so I'm getting into a bit of a Poledouris mood ... smile Neighbours be warned !! biggrin

Absolutely amazing score, the "Riders Of Doom" theme is really terrific! punk

HEATHEN!!!!" BLASPHEMER!!!!! angry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    HEATHEN!!!!" BLASPHEMER!!!!! angry

And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad... dizzy wink